Philosophy Amazing Grace Olive Oil body scrub

4.6

on 8/9/2016 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The scent of Amazing Grace is ok. Very light. Which I like.

This scrub seemed like they took their Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, and added some Amazing Grace scent. That is all. No extra moisturizing, no extra scrubby beads.

I tried this dry, then get in the shower, and wet, and I didn't get that "oh boy that was a GOOD scrub" feeling. I was just like, ok, that was like I washed my whole body in Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash.

I was smoother, but not as good as I get with the Philosophy Body Polishing Scrub. That stuff is great!

on 10/17/2014 3:20:00 PM

Hi fellow MA reviewers - I noticed people have written that they cannot find this product anymore. It is available on amazon.com and qvc.com :) I LOVE this scrub. After using it only one time & following with the Amazing grace body butter, my dry hands, arms & elbows were baby smooth. Happy scrubbing!

on 12/17/2008 11:48:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite exfoliator of all time. I am finally finishing my first jar after almost 2 years - this jar will last you a long time! It has a wonderful relaxing scent, and it never stings (like some salt scrubs do). It makes my skin buttery soft!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I must admit that I really like the Amazing Grace scent for I have most of products from this brand in this scent.
It removes my rough skin, esp at elbows and feet, gently without causing redness. After shower, I just feel so smooth and I am happy with that! Very moisturizing. Great for both summer and winter!
The only thing I am not happy with my bottle is that it's hard to be opened. Last time when I was opening the bottle, I dropped it into the bathtub when I was standing and then the bottle ended up with a broken cap.

I am in love with the Amazing Grace scent in general--and this is one of my favorite products from that family. Sadly, I have not been able to find it after my introduction to it (in an Amazing Grace sampler kit). In my opinion, it is far, far superior to the Hot Salt scrub (which is the closest thing I've been able to find to this product). If anyone knows where I could obtain more of the Olive Oil Body Scrub, please contact me with the info, and you'll be my friend forever!

on 11/15/2004 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I love most of the Amazing grace line. The product is no exception. I am always on the lookout for a new body scrub. Most of them (especially salt and sugar scrubs) leave my skin red and irritated. Not this one. It's simply the best I have ever used. I love the scent and it rinses easily. No horrible grains left over in the tub/shower either. My HG body scrub.

on 6/12/2004 3:39:00 PM

I hate to be the lone voice of dissent here, but I did not think this scrub was all that. Although it did leave my skin nice and smooth, the result was no better than I've had from any other "oily" scrub. In fact, I found this product did not have enough grit in it and so I had to use a huge amount just to get enough of those little grains to get the job done! Even on dry skin. I happen to prefer a grittier, finer scrub I guess - perhaps the salt scrub is more to my liking?. Even so I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact that this is so darn expensive. For the price of this I would not expect to have to use so much! A disappointment, although it does smell very much like the AG cologne.

on 4/9/2004 9:30:00 AM

Love this product. Nicely scented and while it is grainy like a scrub should be, it does not become too abrasive or drying. And it is not so gentle that it is ineffective. Will purchase this again.

I love this scrub - it's gentle, moisturizing, and smells beautiful. I find that the smell really lasts on my skin - my skin drinks up the olive oil, I guess. I'm on my second bottle (since June) and I'm still in love with this stuff! This is a perfect way to begin layering Amazing Grace.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this body scrub; however, I wish it were thicker. The smell is great and light...not strong at all. I don't even need a moisturizer after!! UPDATE 10/21: Got a little bottle of this in a swap and I LOVE IT! It makes my skin so silky and smooth.