Joop! Joop! For Men

Joop! Joop! For Men

3.9

Oh my, this is sooooooooooooooooo baaaaad. Smells like sticky sugary liquid pain relief for children only this stuff dishes out the headaches instead. I don't think I could stay in the same room as someone wearing this cheap synthetic stink. It seems very popular with teenagers who have yet to develop olfactory discrimination. I guess at that age there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my Dad's favourite fragrance. *sniff* I miss him.

For Gods sake - please wear this cologne sparingly. Yes it smells fantastic on the right man or woman, but it is SO STRONG!!! I'm currently catching the bus every morning with a teenage boy who douses himself in it and the bus driver and I are both choking on the fumes. This cologne really should not be packaged in a spray bottle as it's far too easy to put on too much. It should come in an old fashioned bottle with a stopper that you use to dab on (remember those?).

Even better, the manufacturers should water it down to a dilute concentration for use as an after shave.

Get the point everyone who loves it? You may have become immune to how strong it smells, but everyone around you is suffering. Please apply very very sparingly.

on 9/14/2004 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Almost ten years ago a tall, dark and handsome man I met wore this delicious cologne. Smells of sandalwood and baby powder with masculine spices. He kept wearing IT, and I decided to keep HIM! Makes me think of happy romantic times. So what if I'm biased!! DH keeps wearing it , and I keep loving it.

on 7/4/2008 9:18:00 PM

This has got to be the biggest aphrodisiac scent for me. Any man who wears it has me at his mercy (ok, maybe I hyperbolize... a little). I have actually stopped men on the street and made the excuse of asking them for the time, just because I could smell their Joop! My ex visited me the other day, and wore it. When I commented on it, he said "I wore it in your honour". Wicked, wicked man.
I agree with other reviewers that this is a bit "girly" and I do wear it myself on occasion, however, the way it smells on me pales in comparison to smelling it on an attractive man. It is sweet, leathery, tobacco, musk...and completely unlike any other scent. "P:TG" gave it a crap rating. Ignore them, sniff for yourself.

on 12/3/2007 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This isn't a scent my man would ever wear, which is just as well, because I really really like it on myself. It's a compulsive wrist-sniffer. Leather, tobacco, spices maybe a little amber? It's a lovely, warm oriental that just smells cozy. Now, reading other reviews here, it's clear you can easily get too much, but on the right chemistry, it's very nice. I do remember smelling it in the 90s and hating it with a passion. Not even sure why I spritzed it at the perfume counter today, but I did. A winter scent, and lovely. I'd say try it and decide: It seems to be like Angel in that it is polarized between hate and love for most people. Interesting.

on 3/13/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ugh! What a horrid scent! I had an uncle that wore this stuff. I never forgot the name of it because it was such a strong scent. It almost reminded me of bug spray.

on 8/12/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Thought I would buy this after wearing it for an hour. I got the smallest bottle at a sale price. I have been told by men and women I smell nice. Have repurchased this in a lager size.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Totally love when my bf wears this. It smells soooo good on him. I love how scents can be so captivating ... This is definitely one that has that effect.

on 6/28/2008 4:30:00 PM

awww, this one is nostalgic for me. my high school boyfriend wore it. :)

i find it funny that it's considered a masculine- it's always come accross as powdery and definitely a little girly, to me. it's nice. i used to swipe it from him occasionally. this was quite a few years ago though, and i think it smells a little "young" for regular wear now.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance