La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Facial Cream

No Image

3.8

Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isocetyl Stearate, Squalane, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 2/15/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: I can always rely on this as a simple hydrating moisturizer that won't irritate my skin, cause redness or make it itchy. It won't do anything other than moisturize but thats ok, I like to rely on serums for antioxidant or other benefits. It doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or shiny so I can use both underneath makeup or at night.

It's lovely product that keeps my skin looking calm, clear and hydrated. I also enjoy that it comes in a travel friendly and hygienic tube. I like that it's readily accessible and I can usually buy it on sale from one of the Australian drugstore chains. Other pluses are that it's fragrance free and has a very simple ingredient list.

What I don't like: Nothing. It's simple but reliable. If you want something that feels indulgent then this probably isn't the product for you. However if you like basic moisturizers that do the job well then give this a go. I like to use the standard Toleriane in the warmer weather and the Riche version in cooler weather. These both work well for my skin type.

I had previously used toleriane riche before and stopped after I finished as it's rather pricey and I didn't manage to get it while it was on sale.

So a couple weeks ago as we entered spring and my skin went back to being oily I suddenly had a bad breakout and tried a few products before deciding to get this again.

First of all it calmed down the sensitivity and redness of my skin so much. My skin was very irritated with all the pimples and this made my skin feel normal again.

Secondly I realised it gets rid of my acne?? Extremely strange as it doesn't have any acne fighting ingredients as far as I know and I've never read another review saying it helped with their acne. Nothing has ever helped my acne before so this is a very pleasant surprise. It smooths out my skin as well and makes it very soft and even.

It definitely is pricey for such a small amount but seeing as it helps my skin so much I'll continue to purchase it.

Edit: doesn't get rid of my acne but it does help a lot. It smooths out closed comedones and generally helps to reduce inflammation.

This cream is just a basic moisturizer. It does nothing to soothe any type of irritated skin. It's a good option if that's all you're looking for and it's great that it's fragrance free. It is overpriced for the size and what you're getting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nice texture, I do detect a scent. It smells like a very lightly minty smelling cold cream. A "clean" smell. Not sure what ingredient is causing that. it is not an obnoxious scent by any means but I would not call it fragrance free. Some would possibly like the smell. I was able to tolerate it and use it on my skin but found this to be really nothing special as far as a moisturizer. It would be adequate for a younger person with normal skin just not for me. I have the regular not the riche which I would try if it was completely unscented.

on 12/30/2015 1:18:00 PM

There are 2 reviews on MUA for the same product. I am posting the same text in both.
This is the ONLY face cream that my skin tolerates. It is amazing but too pricey here in North America (40ml lasts for about 1.5 months)
It is not greasy, does not cause any reactions or allergies, it soothes dry patches and calms redness but it can be used even if you have acneic tendencies and/or oily skin. This lotion is truly amazing. I just wish it was less expensive. It's only 15 euros in France (and 30 + taxes here in Canada) but other than that, i could not live without it. It pairs well with the foaming cleanser from the same line (Toleriane).

EDIT: i had a bad reaction to wind/subzero temps (hot and dry patches on my cheeks) after shovelling snow in the bitter cold and it looked really bad, like exzema. I used this lotion 3-4 times a day (tiny amount just on the pb area) and it went away!!!!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The product name is Soothing Protective Skincare. I really really liked this for when my skin is very sensitive and reacts to everything. Its light and liquidy, very moisturizing and does not feel greasy. Its a lotion type consistency, spreads easily and feels really nice on. Great for normal and dry skin. I love that its fragrance free, and this range is really great for super sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used this cream 3 times and broke out really badly from it, little whiteheads everywhere! I only used it because I felt my skin was a bit sensitive and dry and just wanted a moisturizer that would soothe the rough patches, this did nothing to help the dryness, it just gave me acne to deal with aswell.

I really really like this moisturiser. I can't be without it. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth and since I've been using it I have never suffered with dryness or any dry patches on my skin which I used to ALWAYS get.
It's a creamy consistency, not thick but not liquidy, it's somewhere in the middle. It glides onto your skin like silk, doesn't leave a horrible greasy residue (only if you use too much), it's sinks into your skins leaving lovely smooth moisturised skin. It's perfect before make up application.
Most importantly for me, it's doesn't break me out in spots and acne!! In fact, when I do have a break out (normally hormonal) this is really soothing and calm on the skin and doesn't aggravate it at all. It's perfect if you suffer with spots and acne because if you are someone who uses acne treatments (SO DRYING!!) you want a moisturiser that'll feel soothing on the skin and that won't cause break outs!!
Only negative for me is that it runs out so fast! I wish I came in a bigger tube so I don't have to go and repurchase all the time!!
I will continue to use this product though as it's lovely.

on 11/17/2014 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have a normal/combination sensitive skin. it is also very prone to acne. i used this product after my dermatologist recommended me. and i really dont get how this cream works for anybody, it broke me out terribly. after i suspected that it is the reason for my new breakout, i stopped using it. then after like 1 month, when my skin normal again, i used this product only on my chin (just to be sure) and i broke out again but only on my chin area. so it is definately due to this cream. if you are prone to acne, and you still want to use this product, please try it on a small area for at least 1 week. it was so terrible for me having red blemishes all over my face

on 10/14/2014 3:45:00 PM

It didn't work for me. Made my skin oily and clogged my pores.