La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

3.6

Water,Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexyloxyglycerin, Capryl Glycol.

on 5/26/2018 7:17:00 PM

My skin is 'kind of' sensitive but not that badly. Some products make my skin burn or give me small red bumps around the eyes after a few days of use, but on the other hand I can use most drugstore products, even the cheapest brands, without any problem.

This expensive product is meant to be suitable for 'hypersensitive skin' but I have never had any cleanser burn as bad on my skin and in my eyes as this one, even from the very first wipe. And it doesn't even remove make up that well either. It does give me red eyes though, even though I'm not even that sensitive. What a disaster!

After multiple uses, my skin felt and looked burned. Also caused strange cyst acne on cheeks. Not for sensitive skin like the bottle description implies.

My skin type is dry and extremely sensitive beyond belief. I am allergic to everything and my skin reacts very badly to my allergies.
This cleanser however does not irritate my skin at all which is quite spectacular.
If you do have it or want to have it i recommend putting a generous amount on to dry skin and really rubbing it in with your hands then get a damp (not wet) wash cloth and wiping it away gently. This might sound silly, like it wouldnt make a difference but putting it onto wet skin is pointless, it just washes away. Putting it onto dry skin and merely wiping away the excess really helps soften your skin and prep it for the rest of your skincare. This cleanser is also really good at removing makeup, almost as good as an oil or balm but far less greasy feeling. Ill definatly buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice gentle milk cleanser. I am not a huge fan of milk cleansers, but this does a nice job. You can use it around and on your eyes as well, and it won't burn or cause discomfort. Very gentle and fragrance free.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really gentle, cream cleanser that does not irritate my dry, sensitive skin in any way. Rinsing this cleanser with water is optional, but I always rinse because it feels bizarre to not wash off a cleanser (I use a luke warm face washer to help). This cleanser does not strip the skin and leaves the skin feeling plump and soft.

The only issue I have with this cleanser is that it does not really remove makeup. It is best used with another cleanser (such as an oil cleanser or a micellar water) that helps to remove makeup more successfully. Although this is so, I would definitely recommend this cleanser to anyone looking for a gentle cleanser for sensitive/dry/irritated/eczema prone skin, especially when used in conjunction with a second product.

on 8/23/2017 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Staple cleanser, very simple and does its job. It isn't going to leave you feeling clean or tight like many other cleansers do, and while you're rubbing it into your face you will think to yourself if it is actually doing its job. For the first two weeks, I was skeptical about this product. It is your typical French cleanser, very soft and very gentle, but it sure did a great job to my skin. My skin has never looked better, granted I did change up my entire routine but this has been an essential part to it. It always leaves my skin feeling soft and cleansed, if I do wear heavy makeup or thick sunscreen during the day, I will make sure to first go over my skin with some micellar water. This cleanser is so gentle that it does no harm to my face. All these years I used harsh, daily physical exfoliants on my skin believing that that was the answer, but alas it wasn't. I am so happy I picked this up. I don't think I will be using another cleanser for awhile. I really never want to over complicate my skincare routine again, simple is better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I appreciate that this cleanser is fragrance free, doesn't irritate or dry my skin out in any way, however it breaks me out horribly (cystic acne and massive whiteheads) and clogs my pores the more I use it. Such a shame as other than that it seemed like the perfect product, oh well yet another failed cleanser on my finicky skin. UPDATE: 5 weeks after I stopped using it, I'm still dealing with the clogs and developing new cysts because of this!

on 5/10/2017 1:59:00 PM

So glad to finally find a cleanser which really doesn't feel like it harms my skin in any way. I like that its really simple and does the job. I have rosacea and acne and it does feel like it's helped the acne and it also doesn't activate my rosacea or cause any more redness like other cleansers i've used in the past.

I know most people are saying that its not great at removing make up, but I don't tend to wear heavy duty make up and it seems to do the trick. If however, I am wearing more make up than usual I take off make up first with miceller water and finish with this.

It's so gentle, I love it and will continue to use it. Only downside is the price and also I wish it was a pump rather than a cap.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have rosacea but my skin isn't especially sensitive - in that I mean it doesn't tend to react to products that much. However, I really want to heal my red patches so have started with this.

I use Camomile Cleansing Balm by The Body Shop as my first cleanse and this as my second. I massage over a damp face, and rinse with cool water. Then I pat dry with a muslin.

It feels luxurious on my face and doesn't dry me out at all. I can't say that my skin looks especially better since using this, but it has helped my hormonal outbreaks and kept my skin on a more even keel.

I would buy again, even though I do think it's quite expensive. This *may* be because I've previously just used any old soap that's available to wash my face! I'd like a pump for the lid as it's a pain to juggle sometimes.

on 3/22/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

At first I tried to use Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser as my sole cleanser but didn't work this way. Even after rinsing with water and lotion it left a slimy film which caused whiteheads. As the first step of my night cleansing routine I like it very much though. it removes the eye makeup without stinging and most of the face makeup. I follow with a gentle foaming cleanser and swipe with micellaire soaked cotton to ensure that my skin is thoroughly cleansed but not stripped. I bought the 400ml bottle and I use one pump each time. The texture is runny and easy to work with. Soothes my skin and has no scent. I'm very pleased with this product actually.