La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

3.6

Water,Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexyloxyglycerin, Capryl Glycol.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really gentle, cream cleanser that does not irritate my dry, sensitive skin in any way. Rinsing this cleanser with water is optional, but I always rinse because it feels bizarre to not wash off a cleanser (I use a luke warm face washer to help). This cleanser does not strip the skin and leaves the skin feeling plump and soft.

The only issue I have with this cleanser is that it does not really remove makeup. It is best used with another cleanser (such as an oil cleanser or a micellar water) that helps to remove makeup more successfully. Although this is so, I would definitely recommend this cleanser to anyone looking for a gentle cleanser for sensitive/dry/irritated/eczema prone skin, especially when used in conjunction with a second product.

on 8/23/2017 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Staple cleanser, very simple and does its job. It isn't going to leave you feeling clean or tight like many other cleansers do, and while you're rubbing it into your face you will think to yourself if it is actually doing its job. For the first two weeks, I was skeptical about this product. It is your typical French cleanser, very soft and very gentle, but it sure did a great job to my skin. My skin has never looked better, granted I did change up my entire routine but this has been an essential part to it. It always leaves my skin feeling soft and cleansed, if I do wear heavy makeup or thick sunscreen during the day, I will make sure to first go over my skin with some micellar water. This cleanser is so gentle that it does no harm to my face. All these years I used harsh, daily physical exfoliants on my skin believing that that was the answer, but alas it wasn't. I am so happy I picked this up. I don't think I will be using another cleanser for awhile. I really never want to over complicate my skincare routine again, simple is better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I appreciate that this cleanser is fragrance free, doesn't irritate or dry my skin out in any way, however it breaks me out horribly (cystic acne and massive whiteheads) and clogs my pores the more I use it. Such a shame as other than that it seemed like the perfect product, oh well yet another failed cleanser on my finicky skin. UPDATE: 5 weeks after I stopped using it, I'm still dealing with the clogs and developing new cysts because of this!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have rosacea but my skin isn't especially sensitive - in that I mean it doesn't tend to react to products that much. However, I really want to heal my red patches so have started with this.

I use Camomile Cleansing Balm by The Body Shop as my first cleanse and this as my second. I massage over a damp face, and rinse with cool water. Then I pat dry with a muslin.

It feels luxurious on my face and doesn't dry me out at all. I can't say that my skin looks especially better since using this, but it has helped my hormonal outbreaks and kept my skin on a more even keel.

I would buy again, even though I do think it's quite expensive. This *may* be because I've previously just used any old soap that's available to wash my face! I'd like a pump for the lid as it's a pain to juggle sometimes.

on 3/22/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

At first I tried to use Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser as my sole cleanser but didn't work this way. Even after rinsing with water and lotion it left a slimy film which caused whiteheads. As the first step of my night cleansing routine I like it very much though. it removes the eye makeup without stinging and most of the face makeup. I follow with a gentle foaming cleanser and swipe with micellaire soaked cotton to ensure that my skin is thoroughly cleansed but not stripped. I bought the 400ml bottle and I use one pump each time. The texture is runny and easy to work with. Soothes my skin and has no scent. I'm very pleased with this product actually.

on 5/10/2017 1:59:00 PM

So glad to finally find a cleanser which really doesn't feel like it harms my skin in any way. I like that its really simple and does the job. I have rosacea and acne and it does feel like it's helped the acne and it also doesn't activate my rosacea or cause any more redness like other cleansers i've used in the past.

I know most people are saying that its not great at removing make up, but I don't tend to wear heavy duty make up and it seems to do the trick. If however, I am wearing more make up than usual I take off make up first with miceller water and finish with this.

It's so gentle, I love it and will continue to use it. Only downside is the price and also I wish it was a pump rather than a cap.

on 1/1/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For a long time, I avoided cream cleansers because I have normal to oily combination skin, and felt that cream cleansers didn't do a good job of removing dirt, makeup and sebum. However, when I had a couple incidents of irritated skin, I decided to try Toleriane Dermo based on reviews stating its gentleness.

I agree with other users that this product by itself is not sufficient for removing tenacious makeup or sunscreen. However, I found an unbeatable mild double-cleanse duo with Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil followed by Toleriane Dermo. The Simple removes most of my makeup and sunscreen. I apply the Simple dry, massage gently, emulsify with a little water, remove the dissolved makeup/ss with a microfiber cloth, then pat dry. I also apply Toleriane Dermo dry at first, and then massage in a little bit of water. Adding a tiny amount of water thins the Dermo just enough to increase the coverage, slip and cushion, which is perfect for not pulling skin during light massaging strokes. I finish by removing the Dermo with a damp microfiber cloth, followed by a few rinses of water.

I used nearly a full bottle of Dermo before I decided I loved it. It seemed too simple at first, and it is a rather expensive drug store product. However, after finishing the bottle, I am now trying a different product which has similar consistency, but is a more complex formula and therefore slightly more irritating for me. Once I'm through my stash, I will most likely return to Dermo.

i've pretty much always had tiny bumps on my forehead. no white heads, but just little bumps that you could see in bright lighting and that felt gross to the touch. a dermatologist once told me to just use dove soap bars for my face which i dont think was the best for me.

i bought a clarisonic about 2 years ago that i was using with a spectro unscented cleanser for sensitive skin. i had high hopes for the clarisonic but it didn't do anything for me.

then i bought la roche posay effaclar with the effaclar toner and after a few weeks i had a lot less bumps. however, effaclar was a bit harsh on my skin so it got dry around the nose and mouth especially. a friend then recommended toleriane and MY OH MY i literally have a forehead as smooth as a babys bottom.

you really dont need much it lathers well with just a lil water, its unscented which i loveeee (the effaclar has a weird smell to it) and its just great! it leaves you with squeaky clean skin.

i use it in the morning and before bed. if im wearing makeup i remove it either with a wipe or micellar water, then i wash with this and then i use a clarins toner. my skin isn't dry, i have zero bumps/pimples and I've never been happier with my skin! will repurchase w/o a doubt.

on 2/25/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my daily facial cleanser and I have been using it for several years now. I have sensitive skin, particularly in the winter and I find it this product more gentle than Cetaphil. I don't wear makeup often but I use a specific makeup remover first if I do because the cleansing action of this product is rather gentle.

on 11/15/2016 9:47:00 AM

I am on my second bottle and I have been using it for maybe six months. I wanted to try it out after reading about it on Beautypedia and also an interview with Natalia Vodianova (lol) where she said this is her favorite cleanser.

I really like this cleanser for my rosacea and sensitive skin, especially after I started using it without water. I just take it off with a dry cloth and wipe off any excess with Bioderma micellaire after. I will continue using this cleanser, I find that it works really well with my skin that hates tap water. Because it does not remove all make up and dirt from the day, I use first a oil cleanse and finish with this cleanser. Works pretty well for my skin.