La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

3.6

Water,Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexyloxyglycerin, Capryl Glycol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I appreciate that this cleanser is fragrance free, doesn't irritate or dry my skin out in any way, however it breaks me out horribly and clogs my pores the more I use it. Such a shame as other than that it seemed like the perfect product, oh well yet another failed cleanser on my finicky skin.

on 5/10/2017 1:59:00 PM

So glad to finally find a cleanser which really doesn't feel like it harms my skin in any way. I like that its really simple and does the job. I have rosacea and acne and it does feel like it's helped the acne and it also doesn't activate my rosacea or cause any more redness like other cleansers i've used in the past.

I know most people are saying that its not great at removing make up, but I don't tend to wear heavy duty make up and it seems to do the trick. If however, I am wearing more make up than usual I take off make up first with miceller water and finish with this.

It's so gentle, I love it and will continue to use it. Only downside is the price and also I wish it was a pump rather than a cap.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have rosacea but my skin isn't especially sensitive - in that I mean it doesn't tend to react to products that much. However, I really want to heal my red patches so have started with this.

I use Camomile Cleansing Balm by The Body Shop as my first cleanse and this as my second. I massage over a damp face, and rinse with cool water. Then I pat dry with a muslin.

It feels luxurious on my face and doesn't dry me out at all. I can't say that my skin looks especially better since using this, but it has helped my hormonal outbreaks and kept my skin on a more even keel.

I would buy again, even though I do think it's quite expensive. This *may* be because I've previously just used any old soap that's available to wash my face! I'd like a pump for the lid as it's a pain to juggle sometimes.

on 3/22/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

At first I tried to use Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser as my sole cleanser but didn't work this way. Even after rinsing with water and lotion it left a slimy film which caused whiteheads. As the first step of my night cleansing routine I like it very much though. it removes the eye makeup without stinging and most of the face makeup. I follow with a gentle foaming cleanser and swipe with micellaire soaked cotton to ensure that my skin is thoroughly cleansed but not stripped. I bought the 400ml bottle and I use one pump each time. The texture is runny and easy to work with. Soothes my skin and has no scent. I'm very pleased with this product actually.

i've pretty much always had tiny bumps on my forehead. no white heads, but just little bumps that you could see in bright lighting and that felt gross to the touch. a dermatologist once told me to just use dove soap bars for my face which i dont think was the best for me.

i bought a clarisonic about 2 years ago that i was using with a spectro unscented cleanser for sensitive skin. i had high hopes for the clarisonic but it didn't do anything for me.

then i bought la roche posay effaclar with the effaclar toner and after a few weeks i had a lot less bumps. however, effaclar was a bit harsh on my skin so it got dry around the nose and mouth especially. a friend then recommended toleriane and MY OH MY i literally have a forehead as smooth as a babys bottom.

you really dont need much it lathers well with just a lil water, its unscented which i loveeee (the effaclar has a weird smell to it) and its just great! it leaves you with squeaky clean skin.

i use it in the morning and before bed. if im wearing makeup i remove it either with a wipe or micellar water, then i wash with this and then i use a clarins toner. my skin isn't dry, i have zero bumps/pimples and I've never been happier with my skin! will repurchase w/o a doubt.

on 2/25/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my daily facial cleanser and I have been using it for several years now. I have sensitive skin, particularly in the winter and I find it this product more gentle than Cetaphil. I don't wear makeup often but I use a specific makeup remover first if I do because the cleansing action of this product is rather gentle.

on 1/1/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For a long time, I avoided cream cleansers because I have normal to oily combination skin, and felt that cream cleansers didn't do a good job of removing dirt, makeup and sebum. However, when I had a couple incidents of irritated skin, I decided to try Toleriane Dermo based on reviews stating its gentleness.

I agree with other users that this product by itself is not sufficient for removing tenacious makeup or sunscreen. However, I found an unbeatable mild double-cleanse duo with Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil followed by Toleriane Dermo. The Simple removes most of my makeup and sunscreen. I apply the Simple dry, massage gently, emulsify with a little water, remove the dissolved makeup/ss with a microfiber cloth, then pat dry. I also apply Toleriane Dermo dry at first, and then massage in a little bit of water. Adding a tiny amount of water thins the Dermo just enough to increase the coverage, slip and cushion, which is perfect for not pulling skin during light massaging strokes. I finish by removing the Dermo with a damp microfiber cloth, followed by a few rinses of water.

I used nearly a full bottle of Dermo before I decided I loved it. It seemed too simple at first, and it is a rather expensive drug store product. However, after finishing the bottle, I am now trying a different product which has similar consistency, but is a more complex formula and therefore slightly more irritating for me. Once I'm through my stash, I will most likely return to Dermo.

on 11/15/2016 9:47:00 AM

I am on my second bottle and I have been using it for maybe six months. I wanted to try it out after reading about it on Beautypedia and also an interview with Natalia Vodianova (lol) where she said this is her favorite cleanser.

I really like this cleanser for my rosacea and sensitive skin, especially after I started using it without water. I just take it off with a dry cloth and wipe off any excess with Bioderma micellaire after. I will continue using this cleanser, I find that it works really well with my skin that hates tap water. Because it does not remove all make up and dirt from the day, I use first a oil cleanse and finish with this cleanser. Works pretty well for my skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this when I irritated my skin with two many products and needed something bland, and I'm still using it 3 months on. I usually use the Avene Cleanance cleansing gel but even that was too harsh on my damaged skin. I like the LRP as it is super gentle, doesn't sting and most of all doesn't leave your face feeling dry or tight. I always remove with water and a washcloth and do not notice a film like others have mentioned. However, it says you can tissue off but it didn't work for me and I could just tell it hadn't removed it properly. I'm using this in the morning alone, and in the evening after I have used an cleansing oil (as I wear a mineral sunscreen everyday). Have just reordered this!

on 7/23/2016 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Why oh why did I did not heed the rating of MUA? I got swayed by Paula's Beautypedia rating. Yes, this is the consistency I like, doesn't cause irritation, but it takes at least two washes to cleanse my face properly - seriously who has the time? I end up with black blotches all over my face and need to clean it again. This is OK for a morning cleanse.

There are other products out there, QV face wash, Eucerin Dermatoclean, that do so much better and are more cost effective.

Not a repeat for me, I'm afraid.