La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

3.6

Water,Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexyloxyglycerin, Capryl Glycol.

on 2/17/2019 4:36:00 PM

I have been using this as makeup remover for almost 10 years. I have rather sensitive skin and many makeup removers sting. This one and the Sensibio by Bioderma are among the few ones my skin tolerate: no redness or burning sensation after removing the makeup. Rather pricesy though.

on 2/17/2019 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

its ok. i didnt have flare up but i see no improvement

I seem to have really bad luck with La Roche Posay products. This was fine after a few uses albeit drying. However, after a week of using it I started noticing red dry patches around my mouth. After using it tonight, my face is beet red across my nose and all around my mouth. I guess this is another cleanser to add to my "can't use" list.

on 10/10/2018 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have purchased it so many times. It is an amazing cleanser, easily comparable to all expensive creme-oil cleansers. The consistency is something in between a gel/milk/balm that cleanses make up, eye make up and dirt. I always double cleanse - as per Hirons' advice/instructions. My skin after the cleanse is super clean, not at all dry and calm. I am 43 with sensitive and dry skin. The price is also awesome - 12,50 euros for 400 ml. What not to like?

on 10/9/2018 7:34:00 PM

I don't know how this is marketed for sensitive skin. I have atopic exzema and find it really hard to find a cleanser that doesn't break me out in a rash or cause redness. Not only did this cleanser cause all these problems it also left me with horrible acne on my cheeks and stung my eyes so badly. It left them raw red. I have to say la Roche posay is a prime example of a company that doesn't truly care about its costumers. There products are loaded with mineral oils and perfume - which aren't idea for people with sensitive skin. AVOID!!

on 5/26/2018 7:17:00 PM

My skin is 'kind of' sensitive but not that badly. Some products make my skin burn or give me small red bumps around the eyes after a few days of use, but on the other hand I can use most drugstore products, even the cheapest brands, without any problem.

This expensive product is meant to be suitable for 'hypersensitive skin' but I have never had any cleanser burn as bad on my skin and in my eyes as this one, even from the very first wipe. And it doesn't even remove make up that well either. It does give me red eyes though, even though I'm not even that sensitive. What a disaster!

After multiple uses, my skin felt and looked burned. Also caused strange cyst acne on cheeks. Not for sensitive skin like the bottle description implies.

My skin type is dry and extremely sensitive beyond belief. I am allergic to everything and my skin reacts very badly to my allergies.
This cleanser however does not irritate my skin at all which is quite spectacular.
If you do have it or want to have it i recommend putting a generous amount on to dry skin and really rubbing it in with your hands then get a damp (not wet) wash cloth and wiping it away gently. This might sound silly, like it wouldnt make a difference but putting it onto wet skin is pointless, it just washes away. Putting it onto dry skin and merely wiping away the excess really helps soften your skin and prep it for the rest of your skincare. This cleanser is also really good at removing makeup, almost as good as an oil or balm but far less greasy feeling. Ill definatly buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice gentle milk cleanser. I am not a huge fan of milk cleansers, but this does a nice job. You can use it around and on your eyes as well, and it won't burn or cause discomfort. Very gentle and fragrance free.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really gentle, cream cleanser that does not irritate my dry, sensitive skin in any way. Rinsing this cleanser with water is optional, but I always rinse because it feels bizarre to not wash off a cleanser (I use a luke warm face washer to help). This cleanser does not strip the skin and leaves the skin feeling plump and soft.

The only issue I have with this cleanser is that it does not really remove makeup. It is best used with another cleanser (such as an oil cleanser or a micellar water) that helps to remove makeup more successfully. Although this is so, I would definitely recommend this cleanser to anyone looking for a gentle cleanser for sensitive/dry/irritated/eczema prone skin, especially when used in conjunction with a second product.