La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water

La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
It's just water.  Really.  That's it.

4.1

Bicarbonate 387 mg/l, Silica 31.6 mg/l, Calcium 149 mg/l, Magnesium 4.4 mg/l, Selenium 53 microgr/l, Zinc <5 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 595 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was skeptical about thermal water, to be honest. It's $15 for a spray can of water, but I got a free sample of the vichy thermal water and tried it. I was pretty "meh" about it, but I had heard better things about La Roche Posay and my store was have a sale so I thought "Hey, why not?"

I use this as a toner. I don't really like most traditional toners because I find them very drying and even though I have oily skin I don't want to dry my skin out ever, it makes everything just so much worse. After I wash my face and pat it dry, I spray this over my face, let it sit for a few seconds, and then blot off the excess with a tissue, then I continue with the rest of my skincare routine. I wasn't really noticing much of a difference but it was easy, wasn't bothering anything, and it felt nice so I figured that I would just use up the bottle. I mean, my skin has been looking good but I figured my usual routine ha been paying off (it has btw). Then last week I got a terrible breakout around my chin (hormones ruin everything, am I right?). A patch of 5 or so white heads and a few bumps under the skin that were waiting to pop up. I do not possess a strong impulse control so I popped them, then washed my face and continued with my routine. The thing is, those popped pimples have been healing much faster than usual and the only thing that I've changed since my last breakout is this thermal water. I am totally impressed and completely converted.

I'm not even going to bother trying the uriage or avene waters because this one does exactly what I need it to. Apparently this thermal water has higher levels of selenium in it which is soothing or something, I don't know. All I know is that you can pry this from my cold dead hands.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Its literally overpriced water in a can... Something you could easily DIY if you want to spray water on your face (something I actually did with an old NYX Setting spray bottle)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've loved products like this since waaay back in the dim and distant past, when I was fortunate enough to go to school in France and discovered Evian spray, which was pretty ubiquitous there but unheard of in North America. I frequently get GWP/purse sized bottles of LRP's Eau Thermale and I love it. The mist is VERY fine but comes out with force so it reaches my face rather than dribbling all over the place. It is so cooling and soothing either in hot summer weather or in winter, when my skin feels dry and in need of "soothing" and it's a fantastic product for travel, whether by air, car or train - a great way to freshen up and also hydrate in drying airplane cabins. I know some people think that paying for water is a gimmick but the quality of this thermal water, its properties and the packaging make this a staple for me and well worth the cost.

on 2/26/2017 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

My skin is super sensitive and oliy. This thermal spring water somehow irritates my skin after few uses, causing little bumps all over my face. Maybe it was one of the ingredients or perhaps im allergic to anything mineral. One of my friend swear by this stuff but unfortunately it just not for me.

on 12/2/2016 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was totally skeptical that spraying mineral water on my face would do anything but wet my face, but was I ever wrong! This stuff is a miracle in a can! I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, so I have to be very careful about introducing new products. I was first introduced to La Roche Posay when I started using their Rosaliac serum, which works great, but when I added the Thermal Spring Water as a toner before I use my serum, it was like magic. The combination of the two products has significantly reduced the redness in my face, and the Thermal Spring Water is way less expensive than the Dermalogica Ultra Calming Mist that I had been using (and wasn't getting any redness reduction from). I would highly recommend to even those with the most sensitive skin. It's been a real lifesaver for me.

on 10/18/2016 7:21:00 AM

many people may think it is just water, but for sensitive skin like me, it is really helping calming down my skin, I was easily get redness and itchy with my face, this is helpful, after using this together with other LA Roche posay products, my sensitive skin improves a lot. love it

on 9/26/2016 12:26:00 PM

Hmm I noted that some ppl wrote that this has not done a thing for them.

I live in country with four seasons of Summer and I have bad rashes all over my body. Tried medication from GPs/Pharmacist/Doctors but it never worked.

This water. It worked. Period.

The redness won't go away but the itchiness will. Your skin softens. Give it a while and you will see the area will be smoothened.

Where have you been all my life...

It is SGD39.9 for three bottles. I could purchase 1000 bottles just to spray whole day long.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this and have been using it for many, many years. Mostly I use it as a refreshing spray in the morning, when I need an energy boost, or on holdiday. I also use it on my hair if my curls are looking flat and need a bit of a boost between shampoos. I use it when my skin is dry, irritated, on mosquito bites and on sunburns. To me it's a must when travelling.
I've never thought of using it to set my makeup, so I'll be trying this next time. I need to repurchase; mine got taken at the airport - whoops.

on 9/3/2016 10:33:00 PM

meh.

I've just finished up a sample bottle I got as a gift with purchase. So glad i didn't spend money on this. Yes. its water in a bottle. Yes it sprays a fine mist over the skin. Yes, if your make up is looking powdery you can spray this over your face and your make will sorta fuse and not look so powdery.

Are there other products that do the same thing for a lot less money? Yes. Thinking do it yourself water in the $2 water bottle that i use to spray my ironing set to a fine mist here - same result, lot less money and less rubbish and consumerism to destroy the planet with.

If i just changed my foundation and powder routine so that i didn't end up with a powdery finish would that work instead? Yes.

Do I need this product in my life? No

Is it overpriced water in a bottle with a couple of god knows what chemicals added in and then packaged to allow someone to make a lot of money selling products that people don't need? Yes.

I love this and have repurchased this. The spray itself comes out as a nice fine mist and it can be used on your bare skin and to set makeup. I find it refreshing and i use it to wake myself up in the morning, after my face wash and on occasion to set my full face makeup. I buy the largest bottle and have had the travel sized one. the large gives you the most for your money at a little under 20$ canadian tax in (mine comes with a travel sized too). I have the avene one as well but i find this one comes out finer so its easier to not put too much on your face. Give it a try!

Popular Face Skincare Products