La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water

La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water

4.1

Bicarbonate 387 mg/l, Silica 31.6 mg/l, Calcium 149 mg/l, Magnesium 4.4 mg/l, Selenium 53 microgr/l, Zinc <5 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 595 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.

I love this and have repurchased this. The spray itself comes out as a nice fine mist and it can be used on your bare skin and to set makeup. I find it refreshing and i use it to wake myself up in the morning, after my face wash and on occasion to set my full face makeup. I buy the largest bottle and have had the travel sized one. the large gives you the most for your money at a little under 20$ canadian tax in (mine comes with a travel sized too). I have the avene one as well but i find this one comes out finer so its easier to not put too much on your face. Give it a try!

on 2/25/2016 12:34:00 PM

I thought this might be nice to use in the summer months when it's hot outside and my skin tends to be a little more sensitive. But to no avail.

I appreciate this must work for some people, but it did nothing whatsoever for my skin except the one thing I thought it would - make it feel wet. Like I'd sprayed water on it. With a mist spray. Which when you think about it, is exactly what I did do.

For the record my husband didn't understand the fuss either. He tried it a few times before declaring it to be 'just water in a fancy can'. 'Nuff said.

To Read all 138 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/22/2016 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I originally decided to try this thermal water because I have dehydrated skin with dry patches near my scalp and got sucked in by all the rave reviews. It is advertised as having soothing, softening and anti-irritating properties, and that it helps guard against skin ageing.

I just want to specify first that I don't consider my skin to be particularly sensitive and never had issues when using normal tap water, so it's possible I haven't experienced all the benefits this canned water can offer. That being said, to me, it didn't do anything more than regular water can.

I spray it on after washing my face to relieve tightness and after my skincare routine (which is all LRP, by the way), but the refreshing/soothing/anti-irritating effects last less than a minute. I haven’t noticed any softening or anti-ageing properties, but it might require more than a few months of use to evaluate.

I have to say the packaging is pretty good, though, and the pump produces a very fine mist. I've been using it almost everyday for several months and I barely used more than half of it.

I guess it's nice to try if you have really sensitive skin or if it’s easily irritated by sun, treatments and other external factors.

on 1/11/2016 4:27:00 AM

This is not just canned water. Every summer, the combination of swimming, sunbathing, hot climate, sunscreen usage gives me an allergic reaction on the inner side of my arms. It starts with red bumps, and spreads further if I cant help myself to itch them. Without any pills or topical pharmaceutical creams, spraying this canned water to the affected area two times made my reaction disappear. So I have my proof, I am happy with my french spring water.

on 11/18/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't believe I'm just reviewing this now, I have loved this product for as long as I can remember. Though I do keep Mac fix+ and several lush toners in my Arsenal, this is my go to. The can and how the product is dispensed literally feels like heaven! I usually put this on after I wash my face and after I moisturize. I sometimes use fix+ instead but I do a peel at least once a week and facial masks 1-2x a week. LRP is the best to INSTANTLY rid my skin of that dry feeling immediately after a peel. Great price point too, a 150ml can lasts a very long time!

A couple months ago, I was picking up a few things from Walgreens when I happened to see this on one of the shelves and it immediately brought me back to when I was a kid. My mother ALWAYS had Evian's Mineral Water cans stocked up in our fridge and in her purse, and we never went anywhere without them. I remember how much I loved the feeling of that cool, refreshing mist across my face after long days of playing in the hot Florida heat. Sure, it wasn't Evian, but whatever. It was presumably the same thing. Naturally, I HAD to buy it.
Anyhow, I am SO glad I picked this gem up! Seriously, guys. It's not 'just water,' it's like a million little angel kisses all over your face.. a trillion if you keep it in the fridge! ;) Summer in Florida is SCORCHING hot. We also naturally have really hard water, and even though I have a water softener, 'soft' water tends to feel sort of slimy and leaves my skin feeling like I have a slippery film coating it. You think it'd be moisturizing, but after washing my face with 'soft' water, my skin often felt dry, tight and itchy. Can't win. Enter La Roche Posay's Thermal Spring Water.. I've been using this religiously for the past 2 months after I wash my face and tone with ACV/Water, and it TRULY has made a difference in the overall texture and quality of my combination skin. I don't suffer from bad acne, but I do get occasional (hormonal) pimples- and before I started using this, I was dealing with an annoying month long bout of those 'under the skin' bumps, which left my face looking blotchy and ruddy. My t-zone was oily while the rest of my face was dry/undecided :| Not anymore! :) I truly fell in love with this spray the moment after my first spritz. My face felt clean, moisturized, and finally at peace. Those pesky little bumps were about 60% gone after a week and totally non-existent after two. Dry patches, gone! Blotchiness, no longer! Finally, my skin feels comfortable and balanced. Anddd, as a result, my makeup no longer clings to certain areas while slipping off others. Double Win! The results I've gotten since I began using this have given me absolute proof that all water isn't the same. I'm completely overjoyed with this product and will definitely be repurchasing!

At first I wasn't sure I'd like this mainly because I didn't know why I'd want to spray my face with water but I think it's a nice refreshing hydrating water for your skin. While I don't use it often I do like this as a first thing in the morning wake up your face kind of thing in place of cleanser strictly reserved for non-humid days. I am faithful to my cleanser, toner, moisturizer routine morning and night so on occasion I've woken up, sprayed this all over my face, gently patted dry and got on with my day. I suppose you could get the same effect from dousing your face with water from the tap but I admit to liking the pampered feel of thermal water spray, lol!

Not sure I'd use this as a setting spray for makeup as I have somewhat oily skin and prefer to achieve a matte look that this would counteract. But... I have used this throughout the day when at home, indoors with dry heat in the winter months and it is super nourishing for the skin. When I was considering this purchase it was a toss up between Avene and LRP but I remember reading that LRP dispensed much nicer from the can than Avene so that and the less expensive price ($14 Cdn) swayed me to LRP. I am a big fan of LRP Effaclar products too. Between that line and Yves Rocher Sebo Vegetal products they cleared up my skin and gave me gorgeous smooth skin that I was previously envious of on others.

For my limited use the can will last a long time but when I run out I will definitely purchase again.

I think this product compliments other La Roche Posay skincare products beautifully. For example: After using Hydraphase Intense Mask, I spray this liberally before I massage the residue in; After putting a thick layer of Cicaplast B5 on my skin, I spray this liberally before patting it "into" my skin; After taking my makeup off with Toleraine dermo-cleanser, I spray this liberally before putting on moisturizer, etc. It "sets" makeup, "doubles" as a toner (I don't usually use toners. The fewer products, the better.), and if you use any product with hyaluronic acid, adding water on the surface of your skin can be extremely beneficial, because the chemical works by "grabbing", or "trapping" waters in the environment to add moisture into your facial skin. On the days when your skin is too damaged for you to wash it normally, you can simply spray a huge amount of it on your face, then very softly tissue it off.

It can be expensive if 1.You don't live in France where it's made, and where there simply are too many different brands of thermal spring water to compete with it (so the price cannot be too high), or 2. You get the small 50ml bottle one (which is often free in a set), actually, even the 150ml one is pretty steep.

I bought a 300ml one not long ago, and I can see myself buying another big can when this one is done. Not easy to carry around though, when you get a huge can to save on money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Okay, I know this is technically *just* water but I love it. I would buy 900 bottles of this if I could. My skin is so sensitive that this is practically the only thing I can use sometimes. The water is just so pure, moisturizing, and refreshing. (Unlike my tap water...) I love to spray this on after cleansing, after moisturizer, before makeup, after makeup, anytime! I would recommend this to anyone but don't be disappointed that it's just water...it's much more than that to ultra sensitive skinned people like myself that react to even tap water.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is very soothing and refreshing for my oily, but sensitive skin. I use it sometimes in the morning if I don't feel like washing my face, on days when it is stifling hot, or when I need to set my makeup. I have also taken it to the beach. It doesn't break me out and it soothes the redness I have on my cheeks. I got mine from Ulta. I think it is about 20 bucks which can be pricey since I go through a can pretty quickly in a month. I am already a fan of many of the products from this line. They seem to work out very well for my skin. Just wish they were better on my wallet. This dispenses a fine mist that can also be used on the body. I spray on my face and allow it to air-dry or just pat it with a tissue.

Popular Face Skincare Products