La Roche-Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 10/13/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite moisturizer since they discontinued the only moisturizer that ever worked for me, which was the Boots No 7 brand "Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturizer."

First, I will list why I give 4 "lippies" instead of 5. Literally the only reason I took one off is because when I use this under my eyes for more than about a week, I start to get milia!! It is so unfortunate because this moisturizer works so well for hydration and the rest of my face- I am extremely acne-prone and this does not give me acne or breakouts, which is a miracle! So, now I have to find a separate moisturizer for under eyes- particularly an eye-cream. I would honestly rather have an all-in-one, but now I need to spend more money.

HOW I USE THIS MOISTURIZER FOR THE MOST EFFECTIVE HYDRATION:

After washing my face, I apply this moisturizer on wet or damp skin (I know it sounds weird, but it really helps to lock in the water/moisture in my skin..the results are so much better rather than applying this to dry skin!)

After applying this, I apply a few drops of sweet almond oil by Aura Cacia (Which I have been using for over a year now...amazing!)

Since I do add the almond oil, I am not sure how great this moisturizer would be without, but the combination is awesome.

Result: acne-free skin that is smooth and hydrated.

My friend commented on how smooth and even my skin looked yesterday, which is HUGE for me, because my skin is not naturally spectacular.

I will be repurchasing - the price should be lower for only getting a little under 2 oz, but it lasts a decent amount of time, and a little goes a long way! One pump for my face is good.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my mother's favorite moisturizer. We both have oily skin, except my skin is much more sensitive than hers. When I used this moisturizer, it didn't make me oily at all and I loved how light it was on my face. Unfortunately, with extended use, my skin started to get raw, as if I rubbed my skin with sandpaper and scaly at the same time. My mother asked me if I had any moisturizer I didn't want because she knows I am a skincare junkie so I foisted this in her possession. She loved it. When she ran out, she asked how much it was and blanched when she found out how much it was. I would rebuy it if I can find it cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the lightweight texture, fragrance free oil free, & very minimal ingredients, but only after a few uses I started getting breakouts when my skin was really clear. I knew it was this. So disappointed especially since it was pricey.

on 7/14/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really like this product! I have very oily and sensitive skin so this is extremely light and the fact it is oil free, paraben free, fragrance free and pretty much everything free is great. It's not heavy or sticky and it gives a lovely healthy glow to your face without being greasy. I use this under my foundation (Clinique Anti Blemish Foundation) and I find it holds my makeup very well and gives a lovely dewy (not oily) finish after my makeup is applied. I still need to blot my face throughout the day but overall my skin feels and looks better after this is applied. It is quite pricey, €19.00 here in Ireland and it comes in quite a small cylinder shaped bottle, but it is well worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I adore this moisturiser. After recently discovering french skincare brands, I just realised how good they really are. This particular moisturiser has a really minimal ingredients list, which definitely works for me and my sensitive combination skin that is prone to reacting to so many products. I wouldn't say it's a radically life changing moisturiser, but it's the only moisturiser that hasn't clogged my pores or irritated my skin in anyway due to the mild forumula. It's completely non greasy, and sinks into my skin straight away making it perfect for summer. In the winter months I like to layer a facial oil and since this is so light, my skin doesn't feel heavy when I layer products over this. I definitely think this a perfect baseline moisturiser for those with sensitive skin prone to breakouts. I would say it's overpriced slightly but I don't mind paying the extra for something that won't break me out.

on 7/24/2017 4:15:00 AM

I'm on my 4th (?) bottle. I have been trying to find a moisturizer that works for my skin which have been going through a rough patch these two years. This moisturizer allows my skin to absorb it quickly and even when layered with rosehip oil, it is still as light. I usually use two pumps each time and it's enough to cover face and neck.

The only cons are the small sized bottle and the price.

on 4/23/2016 6:14:00 PM

Like many of the other users on MUA I bought this product while I was going through a very rough patch - my skin was withdrawing from topical steroids (and I hadn't the faintest clue) I was switching around skin care desperately looking for something gentle enough to moisturize my skin without causing any flareups and out of pure desperation I bought this thinking:

Short list of ingredients - Sounds good and simple right?

Coming from humid climate I figured I would use it sparingly and go from there but suffice to say this didn't go over well.

It didn't moisturize much and just sat on top of my skin most of the time and after almost a month's use I realized I was starting to break out in small whiteheads all over my forehead. At the time I thought it might have been from the low potency steroid I had been using on and off but having read up more about this I'm really not so sure that this moisturizer isn't what kicked it all off.

Those with sensitive and acne prone skin, stay away - Squalene is a main ingredient here and it can either work like a dream for you - or cause a nuclear reaction. Try at your own risk. (Although at over $30 a bottle I wouldn't even bother.)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I expected it would perform equally well as their raved Toleriane Ultra. Cannot say I'm impressed. Ok, its scentless basic products, doesnt contain any harsh ingredients. But I didn't see any moisturizing benefits. Still will give a go with their Ultra.

on 2/14/2016 9:56:00 AM

I have pretty problematic skin - oily on the outside, dehydrated on the inside, and sensitive. I've tried a variety of moisturizers from oil based to water based to aloe vera gel, but none were able to hydrate my skin sufficiently while still keeping me from becoming a grease ball at the end of the day. Usually halfway through the day, I'd get bumps on my face from dried up skin and that caused me to keep picking at my face.

I decided to invest in La Roche products as they're well known for being good for sensitive skin. And this toleraine fluid seems to be working really well for my skin! It is SUPER lightweight and fluidy. It takes awhile to be absorbed into my skin so I have to wait before applying my sunscreen, but after that, my face feels hydrated and "bouncy". Ive been using it for about a week and I do see that my red sensitive areas have become less irritated.

The only downside is that it is pretty expensive. 40ml for about S$35.90. I use 2 pumps twice a day so I predict that I'll go through the bottle within 3 months.

Also, I feel that this product might not be moisturizing enough for those living in a colder, drier climate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So disappointed! I tried this because I had decent success with my acne issues with La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Baume B5 but wanted to try something a bit more lightweight. Well, this is certainly lightweight, but it caused a reaction on my face like none other. Within a few days of use my chin exploded in red, itchy, painful, burning spots. I've never had a reaction like this to anything in my life. I saw other reviews of this product saying it's the squalene so maybe that's blame. I just know I won't be paying $30 for a breakout.