La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love the lightweight texture, fragrance free oil free, & very minimal ingredients, but only after a few uses I started getting breakouts when my skin was really clear. I knew it was this. So disappointed especially since it was pricey.

on 7/14/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really like this product! I have very oily and sensitive skin so this is extremely light and the fact it is oil free, paraben free, fragrance free and pretty much everything free is great. It's not heavy or sticky and it gives a lovely healthy glow to your face without being greasy. I use this under my foundation (Clinique Anti Blemish Foundation) and I find it holds my makeup very well and gives a lovely dewy (not oily) finish after my makeup is applied. I still need to blot my face throughout the day but overall my skin feels and looks better after this is applied. It is quite pricey, €19.00 here in Ireland and it comes in quite a small cylinder shaped bottle, but it is well worth the price.

To Read all 186 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So disappointed! I tried this because I had decent success with my acne issues with La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Baume B5 but wanted to try something a bit more lightweight. Well, this is certainly lightweight, but it caused a reaction on my face like none other. Within a few days of use my chin exploded in red, itchy, painful, burning spots. I've never had a reaction like this to anything in my life. I saw other reviews of this product saying it's the squalene so maybe that's blame. I just know I won't be paying $30 for a breakout.

on 4/23/2016 6:14:00 PM

Like many of the other users on MUA I bought this product while I was going through a very rough patch - my skin was withdrawing from topical steroids (and I hadn't the faintest clue) I was switching around skin care desperately looking for something gentle enough to moisturize my skin without causing any flareups and out of pure desperation I bought this thinking:

Short list of ingredients - Sounds good and simple right?

Coming from humid climate I figured I would use it sparingly and go from there but suffice to say this didn't go over well.

It didn't moisturize much and just sat on top of my skin most of the time and after almost a month's use I realized I was starting to break out in small whiteheads all over my forehead. At the time I thought it might have been from the low potency steroid I had been using on and off but having read up more about this I'm really not so sure that this moisturizer isn't what kicked it all off.

Those with sensitive and acne prone skin, stay away - Squalene is a main ingredient here and it can either work like a dream for you - or cause a nuclear reaction. Try at your own risk. (Although at over $30 a bottle I wouldn't even bother.)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I expected it would perform equally well as their raved Toleriane Ultra. Cannot say I'm impressed. Ok, its scentless basic products, doesnt contain any harsh ingredients. But I didn't see any moisturizing benefits. Still will give a go with their Ultra.

on 2/14/2016 9:56:00 AM

I have pretty problematic skin - oily on the outside, dehydrated on the inside, and sensitive. I've tried a variety of moisturizers from oil based to water based to aloe vera gel, but none were able to hydrate my skin sufficiently while still keeping me from becoming a grease ball at the end of the day. Usually halfway through the day, I'd get bumps on my face from dried up skin and that caused me to keep picking at my face.

I decided to invest in La Roche products as they're well known for being good for sensitive skin. And this toleraine fluid seems to be working really well for my skin! It is SUPER lightweight and fluidy. It takes awhile to be absorbed into my skin so I have to wait before applying my sunscreen, but after that, my face feels hydrated and "bouncy". Ive been using it for about a week and I do see that my red sensitive areas have become less irritated.

The only downside is that it is pretty expensive. 40ml for about S$35.90. I use 2 pumps twice a day so I predict that I'll go through the bottle within 3 months.

Also, I feel that this product might not be moisturizing enough for those living in a colder, drier climate.

I was using this for a while when my face used to be fragile yet acne prone. I feel this is light yet still hydrating so that you won't have break out form the moisture. I keep 1 bottle in the fridge so that I have sth to switch to if my skin got 'fragile' again.

on 1/21/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Holy grail face moisturizer. I have extremely sensitive skin, which has (up until 1 year ago) been pretty normal, with an oily t-zone. This year, cold weather along with a 3 month prescription of minocycline for some horrid hormonal acne/dermatitis has dried the cr*p out of my skin. I have never had flakey skin on my face in my life. This moisturizer has completely saved my skin, doesn't break me out, and feels soothing on the face. Super simple, irritant-free formula. I have rebought this twice now. I also use LRP Lipikar Baume AP+ for SUPER dry spots, on top of this moisturizer if needed. Big fan of LRP <3. Make up goes on nicely over it. Love the pump bottle that keeps everything sanitary. It's a little pricey, but when it's on sale at Shopper's Drugmart I snatch up a few.

on 10/25/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using a retinol product more than a year ago, my skin has become super sensitive now and every thing I tried up to finding Toleraine made angry red blotches appear on my face and caused swelling under my eyes. This very light moisturizer has been a godsend for me because it causes absolutely no reaction. It has no fragrance, petrochemicals or parabens but it moisturizers my somewhat oily skin well without excessive greasiness. I also use the heavier cream form around my eyes and it does an excellent job as well. Prior to finding Toleraine, absolutely everything I tried broke me out but after using these Toleraine products for several weeks, the reactions subsided and my skin is now totally clear and unreactive. If you're looking for a product for super sensitive skin, you can't do better than Toleraine. I can't find this moisturizer locally so I order it from Amazon and have had no issues with authenticity. A tube runs about $23 and it lasts quite a long time even though the tube itself is small. Prior to using this moisturizer, I use the Murad serum for sensitive skin and then add the cream form of Toleraine for my eye area. I then use the Anthelios SPF 50 serum on top. These products not only hydrate well but also protect my skin from the relentless Florida sunlight. I'm truly loving La Roche Posay products (and the Murad serum too) and will continue to use them because my skin's sensitivity shows no sign of abating. I highly recommend Toleraine products.

This is the only moisturizer to date that hasn't broken me out. I've tried everything from drugstore to very expensive brands from spas like Pevonia and Hylunia (all natural), cosmetic companies like Shiseido, etc and my skin would react the 1st day or after a little while.

I had the same problem with sunscreen, until I discovered La Roche Posay's
ANTHELIOS 50ANTHELIOS 50 MINERAL
ULTRA LIGHT SUNSCREEN FLUID.

Their Toleriane Dermo Cleanser made me break out, if I didn't wash it out of my face. I like it for removing eye makeup, but that's it.

I'll keep using this light, fresh moisturizer (perfect for Florida), until I can find something that is just as good, but has active ingredients that are good for my skin (hyaluronic acid, etc).