La Roche-Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I’ve been using this for probably a little less than a year now...
this is the only moisturizer on the market that doesn’t break me out in acne or painful pimples. That’s saying something

However it isn’t moisturizing enough on its own which is why I give 4 lippies rather than 5.
I layer squalane oil over it (which also isn’t enough in its own) and its a great combination. After washing my face it feels moisturized and it stays that way until morning. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive for the small amount you get

on 1/23/2018 8:15:00 AM

Do not purchase this product if you have acne prone skin, this product made me break out with whiteheads everywhere and painful little cyst, if you have this product already and feel a stinging sensation when applying it on, then it means it is not good for you. alternatively, I would recommend the Avene recovery cream or the Vichy sensitive or acne-prone cream.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my mother's favorite moisturizer. We both have oily skin, except my skin is much more sensitive than hers. When I used this moisturizer, it didn't make me oily at all and I loved how light it was on my face. Unfortunately, with extended use, my skin started to get raw, as if I rubbed my skin with sandpaper and scaly at the same time. My mother asked me if I had any moisturizer I didn't want because she knows I am a skincare junkie so I foisted this in her possession. She loved it. When she ran out, she asked how much it was and blanched when she found out how much it was. I would rebuy it if I can find it cheaper.

on 7/24/2017 4:15:00 AM

I'm on my 4th (?) bottle. I have been trying to find a moisturizer that works for my skin which have been going through a rough patch these two years. This moisturizer allows my skin to absorb it quickly and even when layered with rosehip oil, it is still as light. I usually use two pumps each time and it's enough to cover face and neck.

The only cons are the small sized bottle and the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I adore this moisturiser. After recently discovering french skincare brands, I just realised how good they really are. This particular moisturiser has a really minimal ingredients list, which definitely works for me and my sensitive combination skin that is prone to reacting to so many products. I wouldn't say it's a radically life changing moisturiser, but it's the only moisturiser that hasn't clogged my pores or irritated my skin in anyway due to the mild forumula. It's completely non greasy, and sinks into my skin straight away making it perfect for summer. In the winter months I like to layer a facial oil and since this is so light, my skin doesn't feel heavy when I layer products over this. I definitely think this a perfect baseline moisturiser for those with sensitive skin prone to breakouts. I would say it's overpriced slightly but I don't mind paying the extra for something that won't break me out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the lightweight texture, fragrance free oil free, & very minimal ingredients, but only after a few uses I started getting breakouts when my skin was really clear. I knew it was this. So disappointed especially since it was pricey.

on 7/14/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really like this product! I have very oily and sensitive skin so this is extremely light and the fact it is oil free, paraben free, fragrance free and pretty much everything free is great. It's not heavy or sticky and it gives a lovely healthy glow to your face without being greasy. I use this under my foundation (Clinique Anti Blemish Foundation) and I find it holds my makeup very well and gives a lovely dewy (not oily) finish after my makeup is applied. I still need to blot my face throughout the day but overall my skin feels and looks better after this is applied. It is quite pricey, €19.00 here in Ireland and it comes in quite a small cylinder shaped bottle, but it is well worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So disappointed! I tried this because I had decent success with La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Baume B5 as a moisturizer/slight sun protection for acne-prone skin, but I wanted to try something a bit more lightweight. Well, this is certainly lightweight, but it caused a reaction on my face like none other. Within a few days of use my chin exploded in red, itchy, painful, burning spots. I've never had a reaction like this to anything in my life. I saw other reviews of this product saying it's the squalane so maybe that's blame. I just know I won't be paying $30 for a breakout.

on 4/23/2016 6:14:00 PM

Like many of the other users on MUA I bought this product while I was going through a very rough patch - my skin was withdrawing from topical steroids (and I hadn't the faintest clue) I was switching around skin care desperately looking for something gentle enough to moisturize my skin without causing any flareups and out of pure desperation I bought this thinking:

Short list of ingredients - Sounds good and simple right?

Coming from humid climate I figured I would use it sparingly and go from there but suffice to say this didn't go over well.

It didn't moisturize much and just sat on top of my skin most of the time and after almost a month's use I realized I was starting to break out in small whiteheads all over my forehead. At the time I thought it might have been from the low potency steroid I had been using on and off but having read up more about this I'm really not so sure that this moisturizer isn't what kicked it all off.

Those with sensitive and acne prone skin, stay away - Squalene is a main ingredient here and it can either work like a dream for you - or cause a nuclear reaction. Try at your own risk. (Although at over $30 a bottle I wouldn't even bother.)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I expected it would perform equally well as their raved Toleriane Ultra. Cannot say I'm impressed. Ok, its scentless basic products, doesnt contain any harsh ingredients. But I didn't see any moisturizing benefits. Still will give a go with their Ultra.