Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor
Colorstay Overtime LipcolorColorstay Overtime Lipcolor

3.3

on 9/10/2016 12:29:00 AM

Love it. Granted, you have to keep in mind that longwear is a different type of lipstick- it can be drying, it can fade in different areas, etc. I have tried multiple longwears and this has been the very best one. Only once did I have very minor pilling, I think because we were having a pretty greasy meal. :) It lasts on me at least 7 hours, usually up to 10. With regular lipsticks, even quality ones, I have to reapply every hour at minimum for full effect, and certainly every time I sipped water or coffee. I love not having to reapply all day - I do not have time. Do I like the way a creamier lipstick feels? Yes. Do I have the time/even want to reapply every little bit? No. This is a holy grail in my book - looks great.

on 8/19/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I now have 4 of these - love em. As another reviewer stated you need to have moist healthy lips already to wear these and daily use may dry your lips out. So I don't wear everyday but most. I start with lips with just a thin layer of dried foundation (I just go over my whole face w foundation lips eyelids all included). So they have to be dry. I've tried liner and didn't like. So you paint on a nice thick layer or 2 before it dries DO NOT add more once set. Now this is important and for me the most annoying part but you must wait like a minute for it to dry completely before putting top gloss on. I just tend to my jewelry or something. I apply the gloss several times per day (many glosses actually work w/ it but I prefer clearness and texture of the ones it comes with!) This will stay on through rain sweat tears eating grease drinking to excess making out and rubbing lips on napkins. You will wake up with it on haha. A washcloth w coconut oil works for me in getting it off and lightly exfoliates too. I sleep with my lips covered in lanolin and dryness hasn't been an issue!

To Read all 271 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/3/2016 6:14:00 AM

The BEST long wearing lipstick. Doesn't flake off like others (Maybelline, Covergirl). Some colour is lost by the end of the day, but it wears naturally and evenly. Nice colours, strong pigments. Can be applied sheer or heavy. I don't use the gloss, I just wait a minute for the colour to dry and apply my own lip balm. All lipstick should be this low maintenance!

on 12/10/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

OMG ! I have using this stuff for years! I LOVE IT ! I haven't tried another lipstick in the last 6 months and when I do I always come back home to this product !

ok the things to remember

1. always have clean, dry lips.

2. apply the lipstick as dark as you want within reason...(not too thick it will never dry).
I normally go over my lips twice to get the full coverage (but the trick is to put it all on at once) meaning it has to feel wet to add more or when rubbing your lips together.

As soon as it starts to dry DON'T add more or rub your lips together.....

once its completely dry in roughly 1-2 minutes apply the clear top coat gloss.

you should not have any issues with it.... you can eat and drink with it and it stays in place and doesn't wear off.

If it starts to roll or peel off your lips you put to much on.... or tried to add more when it dried or you rubbed your lips together when dried BEFORE applying the clear topcoat.

Now there have been days I heave worn it for 8 plus hours with no touch up needed and there have been times after about 6 hours I might notice it wearing a little in the center bottom lip.

But this is truly the best I have found in a long time you just have to apply it correctly.

I'm about to try LA Splash lip color it suppose to have the same staying power.

on 11/16/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm glad this product works for some people, but I was certainly not one of them.
I bought this in 'True chocolate' and was super excited about the dark color when I put it on. It didn't go on my lips very evenly but I used a brush instead of the wand it comes with and everything was great.

For the first 50 minutes or so, that is. I knew the 14 hour claim was going to be bogus, but I'd hoped to get at least 3-4 hours. Nope, not even one. In no time at all it turned "gummy" on my lips, becoming very sticky and blotting off in large clumps. Not a good look for me.
I thought maybe I'd just applied too much since I was so in love with the color and wanted as much pigment as possible, but I tried again another day applying only a thin coat and the same thing happened.
I tried with moisturized lips, without moisturized lips, with lip liner, without lip liner... I really wanted to find a way to make this work for me. But it wasn't meant to be.

on 8/19/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in a multitude of colors, and from what I see in the negative reviews, expectations of long-wearing lipcolor are a little off. Long-wearing from almost any brand that offers them are just about exclusively what I wear--I always start the day off with one unless it's a no make-up+sunscreen day (ALWAYS zinc oxide &/or titanium dioxide for me x24 years now, everyday),

1. Yes, they absolutely can be drying for a lot of people. I have dry skin I top off with Aquaphor every night and many days, but I esp. recommend it at night to make antioxidant serums & lotions air tight. And I use a primarily beeswax lip balm at night since it not only works, but beeswax has antiviral/microbial properties (try it over abreva for a fever blister & voila! Caught early, nothing ever happens,)

2. Expect to need to reapply the included gloss with any such product. THIS IS WHY THEY INCLUDE IT. There are some lipsticks that can be used on top, but expect most to make it wear off faster (see below for more on my use of them towards the end of the day & wear).

3. It's not for everyone. By the end run of it (usually 6-10 hours depending on what you eat, particularly anything with any sort of oiliness to it which includes salad dressing, pastas, fried chicken, etc.), you'll likely see an ombre effect on your lips where you have less on the inside of your lip and more along the edges. Remember this is long-lasting and not a whole lip tattoo, so there is going to be some wear, like it or not.

4. Sometimes you get some pilling too. I'll take that over reapplying regular lipstick after every swig of coffee, but that's my preference. If you reapply a little gloss (or a compatible lipstick), it's less of a problem. A lot less. I like to carry with me one of the Covergirl lip glosses that come with those since it's independent, allowing me to keep my long-lastings in my cosmetics case.

5. I love the ombre effect towards the end because then it's play time! I whip out a not-so-but-still-mostly long-lasting lipstick in a tube (such as Clinique long lasting, esp. in sugarbean or angel red, or Sephora in No. 25 depending on what I have on) and get a lovely depth, continuing the ombre effect.

Colors: my hands down go-to red is Stay Current (I'm wearing it in two of my profile pics) and the perfect for just about everyone neutral is Eternally Tan. Endless Spice is nice too, but it's paler than Eternally Tan, and I'm really not a fan of pale lips, ever. I think it doesn't look right on anyone. I strongly suggest giving Eternally Tan a shot (you can blot it once quickly if you find it too dark. Sometimes I do a quick one-time blot to bring it down a notch, and the same with Stay Current--I ALWAYS end up blotting that one). I'm on my 3rd tube of each of these colors & have probably another dozen Revlon & other brands. I find Revlon & Covergirl last the night, with Maybelline & L'Oreal not hitting a long enough mark for me (wearing off by hour 4-6).

You can also mix them! Eternally Tan & Endless Spice are INCREDIBLE at toning down (bold colors like red or berry) or bringing depth (pinks or mauves) to any other color. And it's fun!

You won't be at all disappointed as long as you're aware of the above. I'm a die-hard for these to the point I won't waste my money on anything but long-lasting for a minimum of 4 hours. Another tip to prevent dryness (I do realize some people are affected more than others): Eos lipbalms are beeswax-based among other fabulous, all natural emollient oils and come in all sorts of fun flavors! I'm hooked on strawberry :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The staying power on this stuff is AMAZING, especially for the price. My friend and I both wore the Forever Scarlet shade to a party and it lasted all night - didn't budge at all through eating or drinking and there was still pink coming off on my washcloth when I washed my face the next morning. Very highly pigmented. The actual lip color does tend to be a little drying (as most long-lasting lip products are,) but the clear gloss portion takes care of any dryness. I feel like the gloss smelled a little weird but that's really my only gripe with this product. I just wish they had a good orange shade.

This stuff is gross...

You know that ONE product that forces you to finally write a review? This is the one.

The color is gummy and takes forever to dry.

A thin coat is too thin and see-through, and a thick coat comes off in chunks and sticks to your teeth.

The gloss is terrible. The little brush makes it impossible to apply and its not moisturizing at all, just sticky.

Never again.

***The easiest way I have found to remove this product is carmex! Put it on and leave it for a few minutes, and then you can just wipe it away.***

I have this in 'stay currant' [#508?] it is a rich dark red. I absolutely love it. I have tried a ton of super long lasting lip products, and this tops them all. It takes a bit of time to get an even coat; if you apply carelessly it will look patchy and funky and be horrid to correct. However, once you get it looking right, it will stay that way all day. I most like that the topcoat keeps it looking glossy looking while having incredible staying power. As in, *incredible*. You have to scrub to get it off! If you don't commit to one lipcolor per day, this is definitely not for you. This really is an extremely long wear product. It still looks great at the end of the day, too. I plan on trying more colors!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love this product! It definitely has amazing staying power. I own Forever Scarlet and Ultimate Wine. I've taken a great liking to Revlon products as I've explored the brand in recent months. Although their ColorStay Ultimate Suede lipsticks last a pretty long time, nothing can compare to Overtime. The gloss does wear after a while, but the color remains as fresh as the moment you first applied it. I don't mind the gloss dulling after a while because it's a little sticky. I'm actually glad it does dull because nothing is more annoying than having sticky lips ALL DAY LONG (aside from color constantly coming off). The only con I can really speak for is that I've noticed this product has a little bit of a drying effect on my lips. Although it doesn't flake while I'm wearing this product, I find myself liberally applying a moisturizing balm after taking it off. Also, baby wipes and/or Neutrogena Make Up Remover wipes really does the trick for taking this product off (because YES, it does stay on no matter what - drinking coffee, eating, etc). I've never had to retouch my lips since using this product, which is perfect for me as I never really have time for touch-ups at my work!