Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor
Colorstay Overtime LipcolorColorstay Overtime Lipcolor

3.3

on 5/25/2017 1:36:00 PM

So disappointed. I got the color perennial peach, which is a gorgeous summer neutral. That's the only thing I like though. It's pricey for drugstore, and you get a tiny bit of product for the price. The gloss doesn't apply smoothly, and the color comes out patchy. I applied 2 coats for an even color, but within an hour it was flaming off my lips, especially around my waterline, and looked awful. I'll be returning it.

Great. Much more moist than other mattes. Bare maximum is my everyday.

on 5/6/2017 7:04:00 PM

The best long wear lipstick I have ever used. Lasts all day, even through eating and drinking. I usually apply, wait a few seconds and then blot lightly. Also, I rarely use the gloss it comes with, but instead put lip balm or a similar color lipstick over it for moisture.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The colors selection is nice, and the colors really DO stay all day, or at least for many many hours, through eating, drinking, talking, etc.

My advice? Skip the nasty gloss and use chapstick for a more natural, lip stained look. The gloss is sticky and WAY too shiny for my taste.

on 10/16/2016 1:32:00 PM

I'm reduced to importing this from the USA as revlon don't sell it over here any more.

It is _the best_ long lasting lip colour with a moisturising coat. And I adopted max factor lipfinity as a teen when it came out (I'm sure they've changed the formula to rubbish since) so I've got no patience with reapplying lipstick.

And I've tried all manner of liquid lipsticks and they're nothing on this. So annoyed with revlon.

on 9/10/2016 12:29:00 AM

Love it. Granted, you have to keep in mind that longwear is a different type of lipstick- it can be drying, it can fade in different areas, etc. I have tried multiple longwears and this has been the very best one. Only once did I have very minor pilling, I think because we were having a pretty greasy meal. :) It lasts on me at least 7 hours, usually up to 10. With regular lipsticks, even quality ones, I have to reapply every hour at minimum for full effect, and certainly every time I sipped water or coffee. I love not having to reapply all day - I do not have time. Do I like the way a creamier lipstick feels? Yes. Do I have the time/even want to reapply every little bit? No. This is a holy grail in my book - looks great.

on 8/19/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I now have 4 of these - love em. As another reviewer stated you need to have moist healthy lips already to wear these and daily use may dry your lips out. So I don't wear everyday but most. I start with lips with just a thin layer of dried foundation (I just go over my whole face w foundation lips eyelids all included). So they have to be dry. I've tried liner and didn't like. So you paint on a nice thick layer or 2 before it dries DO NOT add more once set. Now this is important and for me the most annoying part but you must wait like a minute for it to dry completely before putting top gloss on. I just tend to my jewelry or something. I apply the gloss several times per day (many glosses actually work w/ it but I prefer clearness and texture of the ones it comes with!) This will stay on through rain sweat tears eating grease drinking to excess making out and rubbing lips on napkins. You will wake up with it on haha. A washcloth w coconut oil works for me in getting it off and lightly exfoliates too. I sleep with my lips covered in lanolin and dryness hasn't been an issue!

on 8/3/2016 6:14:00 AM

The BEST long wearing lipstick. Doesn't flake off like others (Maybelline, Covergirl). Some colour is lost by the end of the day, but it wears naturally and evenly. Nice colours, strong pigments. Can be applied sheer or heavy. I don't use the gloss, I just wait a minute for the colour to dry and apply my own lip balm. All lipstick should be this low maintenance!

on 12/10/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

OMG ! I have using this stuff for years! I LOVE IT ! I haven't tried another lipstick in the last 6 months and when I do I always come back home to this product !

ok the things to remember

1. always have clean, dry lips.

2. apply the lipstick as dark as you want within reason...(not too thick it will never dry).
I normally go over my lips twice to get the full coverage (but the trick is to put it all on at once) meaning it has to feel wet to add more or when rubbing your lips together.

As soon as it starts to dry DON'T add more or rub your lips together.....

once its completely dry in roughly 1-2 minutes apply the clear top coat gloss.

you should not have any issues with it.... you can eat and drink with it and it stays in place and doesn't wear off.

If it starts to roll or peel off your lips you put to much on.... or tried to add more when it dried or you rubbed your lips together when dried BEFORE applying the clear topcoat.

Now there have been days I heave worn it for 8 plus hours with no touch up needed and there have been times after about 6 hours I might notice it wearing a little in the center bottom lip.

But this is truly the best I have found in a long time you just have to apply it correctly.

I'm about to try LA Splash lip color it suppose to have the same staying power.

on 11/16/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm glad this product works for some people, but I was certainly not one of them.
I bought this in 'True chocolate' and was super excited about the dark color when I put it on. It didn't go on my lips very evenly but I used a brush instead of the wand it comes with and everything was great.

For the first 50 minutes or so, that is. I knew the 14 hour claim was going to be bogus, but I'd hoped to get at least 3-4 hours. Nope, not even one. In no time at all it turned "gummy" on my lips, becoming very sticky and blotting off in large clumps. Not a good look for me.
I thought maybe I'd just applied too much since I was so in love with the color and wanted as much pigment as possible, but I tried again another day applying only a thin coat and the same thing happened.
I tried with moisturized lips, without moisturized lips, with lip liner, without lip liner... I really wanted to find a way to make this work for me. But it wasn't meant to be.