76%

price range

Reviews

2.0

5 days ago

This is a mediocre product that I wanted to like. It's cheap and a lot of people profess their undying love for this, but in my experience, it wasn't anything impressive. Honestly, the only thing that I would say was a good thing is that it didn't break me out. This leaves a residue and does not completely remove make up. Even after a second cleanse (which this product hinder), a cotton pad with toner will lift a good amount of foundation. It's just a bad makeup remover that is wasteful (cotton pads) and ineffective. I am giving it two lippies, because it didn't break me out. That's it.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

18 days ago

I have sensitive, acne-prone, dry skin, and I wear sunscreen and makeup (eyes, brows, face, and lip) on most days. I bought this on a whim, tired of using face wash and splashing my face wet in a sink. To use, I take a dollop of cream and rub it around in circles over my face and neck, then gently wipe and pat dry with a microfiber cloth until all of the cream is removed. No traces of sunscreen or makeup are left, and it doesn’t dry me out or break me out! The best part is that the entire process takes a minute or less. A tub lasts a long time, many months to a year. I’m on my second tub and will keep repurchasing. I would advise using a microfiber cloth instead of tissues, as it’s softer (especially on the delicate skin of your eyes), doesn’t leave particles behind or break apart, and is reusable/washable. I bought a pack of microfiber cloths meant to be used to clean/dust a car (so like 20 large hand cloths from Walmart for $5) and this is all I use them for. Much more economical and gentler on the face, in my opinion.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

2 months ago

I can’t claim it’s a miracle product but I love knowing that decades ago women were using the same thing! I wash may face with it first to take off the makeup and rinse as best as I can with water. However it doesn’t wash off completely which is why I use the Pears soap after to take off the residue. I can really say I feel squeaky clean. I know many people use tissues to remove but that seems wasteful, hence the soap.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

2 months ago

There is one thing I’ve discovered about my skin: old fashioned products are the best for it. Simple, straightforward, and they just work. Pond’s Cold Cream is no exception; it removes makeup, moisturizes, and pampers skin. Just apply, rub in a circular motion all over face, and tissue off. I usually follow up with soap and a washcloth, but it’s not a must; the moisture that remains does wonders for my very dry skin. This is just the latest gem I’ve added to my collection of vintage cosmetics, skincare, and toiletries: Camay bar soap, Jergens Face Cream, Coty Airspun Powder, Coty L’Aimant Perfume, Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, Pepsodent Toothpaste, and now Pond’s Cold Cream. A++

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

4 months ago

I wanted to like this so bad since so many use this. However, the scent is too intense like an old soap which I just can’t get pass by. Pros are definitely the fact that it takes most of your makeup off and leaves your face not dry unlike other cleansers.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

5 months ago

Have been using this for a couple of years now, alternating with an acidic cleanser I use when I'm not removing makeup. I think this is great for the price! It is effective, not heavily scented, and leaves my skin feeling good not stripped. I have also used the cucumber scented one, which I also liked a lot. Easily found at any drugstore, and can often be bought on sale for a really great price!

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairRed

EyesBlue

7 months ago

Pond's is the best. I love Pond's. Everyone should buy Pond's. Pond's. Pond's. Pond's. Put this cold cream on your mug and then tissue off your makeup just like the lovely ladies on The Love Boat did in the 70s.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

a year ago

This has been a staple in my shower since I discovered it at my best friends house (like circa 2000)! And for my own sentimental reasons, I will always have this on hand to remove makeup even though I know there are some better (but more expensive) products out there! This product will remove all of my face makeup and 90% of my stubborn (water-proof) eye makeup. This loose percentage is based on what I find on a makeup wipe after washing my face. Unfortunately, I really don’t like how my face feels after this product is on it. It’s not greasy, but it does feel heavy to me. For people with dry skin this might be a great sensation of conditioning, but I lean on the oily side so I use my face wash as many times as it takes to remove it from my face! All in all, would I recommend this product? I would have to say - yes! I think for a drugstore, economical find it’s worth trying out. Especially if you enjoy the conditioning masking feature that some people utilize this for!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0
from

a year ago

I want to like this more than I do. Seems like Pond’s is a classic, but does not do the job for me. I was trying to be ecologically correct but end up having to use a lot of cotton pads and there is STILL residue after three pads. Followed by witch hazel with coconut water, and THAT shows that there is STILL mascara coming off on the cotton pad. Fairly heavy fragrance, greasy feel. Grrrrr.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I love this product! I got a free jar of Ponds cold cream cleanser from Walmart, or I never would have tried it. I thought it was something the last generation used (or actors in classic movies from the 40’s) and would make my oily skin even oilier. But since it was free, I gave it a try, and it’s amazing. It does NOT leave an oily residue, my skin feels amazingly soft, like a baby’s, and I’m 55! Plus, it’s so easy to use. I use my fingertips to spread on a thin layer, gently, and wash off with a warm, damp washcloth. It takes every trace of makeup off with no rubbing; even waterproof mascara. And one jar has lasted so long! It’s been 4 weeks of daily use, and I’ve used less than 10% of one jar. I looked up the price and it’s $7.57 at Walmart. I’ve been paying $8-12 for a package of 30 makeup removing wipes, and I had to go over my eyes many times to get all the mascara off, and even then, when I think it’s all off, I still see black smudges under my lashes in the morning. Not with Ponds. In the morning my eyes look fresh as a daisy, and my skin is still soft, 8 hours later. Oh, and it saves me time during my night time routine, because it’s so quick to apply and wash off. I’ve tried many brands of wipes, mycelar water, and countless facial cleansers, over the years, and this is honestly the best value, and most effective one. And my boyfriend even noticed how soft my skin was. I’m definitely going to buy it, if this first jar ever runs out, lol. I read a review from one customer that said she hated the smell and disliked having the cream under her fingernails. I don’t mind the scent myself, and I am very sensitive to fragrances. In fact, I hardly noticed a scent at all. As for my fingernails, it’s easy clean under them (I just use 3 fingers of one hand to apply the cream), and my fingertips are now soft too. This is not an old fashioned product like I thought, it’s timeless. There’s a reason it’s still around after about a century- because it works!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium