Pond's Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Pond's Deep Cleanser Cold Cream
Deep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 3/12/2019 11:44:00 PM

This has been a staple in my shower since I discovered it at my best friends house (like circa 2000)! And for my own sentimental reasons, I will always have this on hand to remove makeup even though I know there are some better (but more expensive) products out there!

This product will remove all of my face makeup and 90% of my stubborn (water-proof) eye makeup. This loose percentage is based on what I find on a makeup wipe after washing my face. Unfortunately, I really don’t like how my face feels after this product is on it. It’s not greasy, but it does feel heavy to me. For people with dry skin this might be a great sensation of conditioning, but I lean on the oily side so I use my face wash as many times as it takes to remove it from my face!

All in all, would I recommend this product? I would have to say - yes! I think for a drugstore, economical find it’s worth trying out. Especially if you enjoy the conditioning masking feature that some people utilize this for!

on 3/6/2019 8:49:00 PM

I want to like this more than I do. Seems like Pond’s is a classic, but does not do the job for me. I was trying to be ecologically correct but end up having to use a lot of cotton pads and there is STILL residue after three pads. Followed by witch hazel with coconut water, and THAT shows that there is STILL mascara coming off on the cotton pad. Fairly heavy fragrance, greasy feel. Grrrrr.

on 2/26/2019 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I got a free jar of Ponds cold cream cleanser from Walmart, or I never would have tried it. I thought it was something the last generation used (or actors in classic movies from the 40’s) and would make my oily skin even oilier. But since it was free, I gave it a try, and it’s amazing. It does NOT leave an oily residue, my skin feels amazingly soft, like a baby’s, and I’m 55! Plus, it’s so easy to use. I use my fingertips to spread on a thin layer, gently, and wash off with a warm, damp washcloth. It takes every trace of makeup off with no rubbing; even waterproof mascara. And one jar has lasted so long! It’s been 4 weeks of daily use, and I’ve used less than 10% of one jar. I looked up the price and it’s $7.57 at Walmart. I’ve been paying $8-12 for a package of 30 makeup removing wipes, and I had to go over my eyes many times to get all the mascara off, and even then, when I think it’s all off, I still see black smudges under my lashes in the morning. Not with Ponds. In the morning my eyes look fresh as a daisy, and my skin is still soft, 8 hours later. Oh, and it saves me time during my night time routine, because it’s so quick to apply and wash off. I’ve tried many brands of wipes, mycelar water, and countless facial cleansers, over the years, and this is honestly the best value, and most effective one. And my boyfriend even noticed how soft my skin was. I’m definitely going to buy it, if this first jar ever runs out, lol. I read a review from one customer that said she hated the smell and disliked having the cream under her fingernails. I don’t mind the scent myself, and I am very sensitive to fragrances. In fact, I hardly noticed a scent at all. As for my fingernails, it’s easy clean under them (I just use 3 fingers of one hand to apply the cream), and my fingertips are now soft too. This is not an old fashioned product like I thought, it’s timeless. There’s a reason it’s still around after about a century- because it works!

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Over the years ,I have tried thousands of cleansers- high price , homemade and drug store. But this is the first one to actually clear up the small whiteheads I had all over my face. I use it at night , then wash it off with a wet washcloth. I then use micellar water to make sure I got all the makeup off. You would be surprised how very little I missed with the cold cream. I know it's old fashioned , but I love it. I won't be going back to anything else. The only downside is that it comes in a jar, and you have to dip your fingers into it.

on 11/11/2018 12:17:00 PM

I’ve been using this for two weeks now. This cold cream removes makeup really well. If you want a very good makeup remover this works easily. Especially if you want something quick. It also smells so good even though frangrance really shouldn’t be in your facial products. It isn’t a concern though. This cream also does not break you out. It makes your skin smooth over time. It lasts a long time. It has cute packaging.

How I use it: in the morning I rub it in my face gently and let it sit for an hour or more so it can deeply moisturize my face. I then wipe off with a soft tissue and never ever toilet paper bc that’s rough material. I then apply a light layer of foundation. I like cover girl matte. Will not break you out btw. Never broke out from it bc of this technique. Then at night I do the same process but this time I remove the makeup with ponds. When I go to bed I will sleep with a light layer of it on my face or nothing at all. That’s it. I also don’t use face wash or water or anything. I just use cover girl and ponds. I know I should be using spf but I don’t. You can add that in before makeup in the morning. This technique keeps my face clear and glowing. If you want to add a moisturizer you can do that after ponds. The important part is to let it sit on your face for an hour once a night. Btw I use to never wear makeup bc I broke out from it but now I never break out bc of this technique. Good luck guys.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The only thing I don’t like about this, is that it’s a jar I have to stick something or my hand into. I wish the brand would repackage, but they’re too afraid of people not recognizing their classic packaging and thinking the old formula is a new formula I guess. Anyway, it’s my favorite cleanser of all time. It really is THAT GOOD also, it removes all of my stubborn makeup, even the blackest thickest eyeliner, WP mascara, liquid lips, and Mac foundation. I like the smell, it’s pleasant to me, like a fresh creamy soap or lotion for hands. It is really strong though, so if you don’t like that stay away. This really smoothes and softens my skin while it always, always somehow makes my skin look BETTER when I take my makeup off too,like I’m glowing. My husband even notices how smooth and bright my face looks. So in short, yes just trust the classic and try this baby out! And remember, it’s a CLEANSER not a moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product is so completely overloaded with stinky cheap perfume that I couldn’t even bring myself to test it out as a facial cleanser. I have very sensitive, rosacean dry skin and I practically started having a flare from the smell alone. Disgusting- what are they thinking?! Really unfortunate as it’s proven challenging to find rich, creamy cleansers for really dry skin that remove makeup but don’t need to be double-cleansed. To the makers of Ponds Cold Cream (and any other cleanser): We don’t need perfume in our face cleansers.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to love this product. I love the idea of it, the elegant glamour of using this. Sadly my skin HATES this! My skin is tolerant of most things, I hardly ever break out from any product. Using this one time messed my skin up so badly it took 2 weeks for it to recover. I'm talking big painful cystic type pimples and a rough sandpaper texture across my whole face. I suspect it's the mineral oil, it's not in any other product I use. If this works for you that's great and I envy you a bit. In the meantime I'll be looking for a cold cream formulated without mineral oil.

I used to use this stuff in college when I would visit my mom and forget my makeup wipes. I definitely didn't love it back then, but I recently got a sample of this cream and I certainly don't remember hating it this much.

I understand that a lot of people use this as an actual face cream, but for me the most important aspect of a cold cream is that it can remove makeup effectively. This did a terrible job at removing my makeup and was unpleasant to use. It took ages to melt my mascara off and the texture just feels gross while massaging it into my face. I expected this to have a more oily texture, but it's more like a thick balm. It left an uncomfortable residue on my skin that was hard to remove with my face wash. Just a terrible experience overall. I wonder if my sample was formulated differently or something.

on 9/23/2018 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been a CeraVe user for years. At $13 a bottle, it's not terrible expensive, but sometimes, in the dead of winter's polar vortex, it feels too harsh to my super-dry, super -sensitive skin. So today, at my favorite discount store, the husband and I were checking out, and there was a display for Pond's on sale, $1.99 a jar. (and with my coupon, $1.60 for the jar). Heck, for $1.99 I figure I could try it and if I can't use it on my face, I could use it on the elbows, cuticles, and heels.
So I used it on my face. No makeup but always, SPF50 sunscreen. Just melted it on and let it sit as I got ready to shower, then rinsed it off in the shower. My skin felt as if I had put a layer of moisturizer on. I like the feeling- soft and supple. I like the texture, like really thick cream. I like the light scent, slightly citrus, slightly floral.
I will definitely try it to remove a full face of makeup (not eye makeup; I have to use a separate remover so I'm not rubbing and tugging).
Normally I'm not a fan of stuff for the face in jars, but since it will be rinsed off pretty quickly, I think it's OK, especially since the jar is not huge.
I can see this as my winter cleanser/year-round makeup remover, and CeraVe for my summer cleanser.
If your skin is prone to breaking out, this cold cream may not be for you. But if you have dry, sensitive skin you might want to try Pond's.

Update: Used Pond's to remove full-face makeup (I used a serum foundation). This time I also used a microfiber facecloth, dampened with warm water to remove the cream (I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes). To check that all traces of foundation were gone, I moistened a cotton pad with my rosewater toner-- and saw a completely clean pad. No foundation at all. For my skin, I would use a freshly laundered microfiber cloth each time I need to remove foundation. For removing my sunscreen (no foundation), I don't think I need the cloth, just rinsing in warm water is enough.