Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.7

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I got it in colorless and use it over Shu's lightbulb foundation in medium beige. The powder gives a very smooth, light,natural finish over the glowing foundation. Since it's colorless and very fine, it enhances the glow of the foundation underneath. If your base foundation is not dewy or glowy finish, the powder itself doesn't give any glowy finish. That's why the powder is called 'sheer'. If you are looking for more definitive glow, try Dior nude air loose powder. I don't need coverage so this is good but if you are looking for more polished / airbrushed look with coverage, this product may not be the one. If you don't sweat much, this powder can set the makeup for more than 12 hours. If it's a rainy day in sg and I spend the entire day indoors at work other than going out for lunch etc., my makeup stay put from morning, go to evening class and till I get home around 9pm

on 9/9/2011 5:11:00 AM

I have the loose powder in 7YR MEDIUM LIGHT (Matt) and I love it. I normally use it to set my liquid foundation, but this powder offers decent coverage even without a foundation underneath. I find that it covers my pores and helps blur minor imperfections.This powder does nothing in terms of oil control, but I did not expect it to. I still have to blot my T-zone 2X - once before lunch and once after work. I also carry a small container of the loose powder so that I can touch up when necessary - usually once a day. I find that troublesome, so I'm actually on a look out for a good compact powder that I can use for touch ups.

on 11/1/2007 12:25:00 AM

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect powder, but Shu Uemura's isn't it. It's by no means a bad powder - just average.

Pros:
- Good packaging
- Decent coverage
- No whitish cast
- Kept my face matte for a couple hours

Cons:
- While it was good for setting foundation or being used as a sheer foundation, it creased up when used to set my concealer
- It oxidized on certain areas on my face leaving slightly darker spots, not a big problem, but kind of annoying
- Sometimes TOO matte

Conclusion: This is a decent face powder, but it might be too matte or too pigmented for some people. Also, it isn't fine enough (or at least in my case) to be used to set undereye concealer.

on 4/1/2006 7:41:00 AM

i have a growing addiction to shu uemura. other brands i have used (and liked) in the past are prescriptives traceless and t l clerc loose powder, but this is my new HG :) sets my liquid foundation nicely without looking cakey as some loose powder would. the particles are very finely milled and texture is sheer and buildable, so you wont get an overdone chalky look even if you accidentally pick up too much powder on the brush. i am not sure how to describe my skin tone as i don't use MAC foundation whish seems to be the general reference here, but i have asian fair skin with yellowish undertone (tl clerc in beige/chanel in shell) and the 7YR light is perfect for me!

on 11/5/2003 5:23:00 AM

three cheers for this winner! i got this on discount on my trip to japan. (converted: SGD$$40++) i found that it costs about
SGD$55 in spore (",) the quality of the product is tops...
1) it blots away and prevents shine for up to a few hours on my skin (its combo/MMM & i used 7 yr lite)
2) its super fine and qives natural/dewy/pretty glow to my skin, my skin looks flawless and semi-matte
3) i dont use foundation(irritates my skin) so i thot this might not hold up oil for very long, but it proved me wrong (i didnt haf to blot or touch up)overall a great powder for days u hate to bother wif foundation n need a quick fix for ur t-zone....
kudos to shu uemura =)

on 6/13/2003 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I guarantee you've never tried a powder as awesome as this, if you have, I'll eat my puff!! I first tried this when a Shu MA did my makeup for my wedding day. I've never gone near foundations or powders from a European or American brand after that day. I use 7yr light and find it perfect for my MMM olive skin. I have oily skin and live in the tropics so I chose the "matte" instead of "sheer". I can't sing enough praises about this powder, where do I start? The powder is 4x milled and melts into your skin. No buffing, pressing, rolling, caking! I used to have to carry face oil blotters around with me everywhere I go and need about 2 sheets to get all the oil off my T-zone - Yuck! Ever since I started using this loose powder as a set for the rest of my make-up, everything seems to stay on longer and I don't need to blot. I do touch up my T-zone in the late afternoon but no longer have to keep "powdering my nose". What I probably love most about Shu's products are is the quality. Very little always manages to achieve a lot! My last container (Beige 4)lasted almost 2 years!! My pores are less noticeable (after powdering) and I've had less breakouts despite living in a hot, humid place. I actually like the new fine mesh net, I just need to tip the container upside down to get the right amount of powder! This is my HG loose powder, I would rather lose a kidney than live without it. I strongly urge you to try this, you won't regret it!