Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.4

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

on 12/28/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Ah-ma-zing! I believe it's even been discontinued which truly breaks my heart. this stuff keeps me looking like a porcelain doll and makes my concealer/foundation last all day. My favourite translucent powder, and it doesn't make me look ashy either!

on 6/8/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is AMAZING. Very fine so goes on almost velvety, i got this in translucent and it is almost like photoshopping my face when i dust a light layer over my foundation to set, very airbrushed look because the product is very high quality and the powder is so finely milled.
The one thing i did not like about this product though is the packaging. I dont like any packaging where there are sifts or loose holes that the products can come out of and saturate the whole powder buff. I get it is a loose powder but someone needs to come up with a new packaging system, cannot stand it! The powder falls everywhere and cannot get anything out of the sift to save my life or when i do get product out theres too much of it!
But on a lighter note, the product itself is very good, i experienced no reactions to it whatsoever either, the powder lasted about 3-4 hours before a touch up was required. Overall, very nice.

RIS. I got the Shu Uemura Loose Sheer Face Powder in 7YR Light. I'm a NC20. It has good coverage and looks great in photographs.

This is a very light, finely milled loose powder that is available either in translucent or coloured form. I use the 7YR medium and it is perfect for my C5/NC42 skintone. The colorless version may look ashy on darker skintones. I never use the puff provided as results are much better with a MAC #129.

on 12/30/2006 2:34:00 PM

I have this in colorless and it is so sheer, so fine that it blends perfectly into my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. On most days I just apply a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks, blend and go. I don't get a whitish cast, nor do I get a cakey effect. The powder just evens out my skin and provides a velvety canvas for my cheek products. Its definitely a HG for me, and its one of the few products that I use daily. I will repurchase when I'm out.

on 8/17/2006 10:48:00 PM

LOVE This!!! I mean LOVE!! I use it to underlay my powder foundation. and it gives me such a great smooth texture. it is so finely milled. spectacular! and the packaging is so neat and clean. the puff is also extremely soft! A+

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this out as I have been a fan of Skin(Alison Raphael) transparent loose powder. Got this in colorless. This powder is luxuriously fine, almost velvety in texture, even the puff works very well. The color, which is a fine white, diappears on your skin (regardless of skintone) so its quite versatile as well as leaves a very fine twinkling of glitter not shimmer, which is very pretty. Works especially well in setting Sue Devitt's Bermuda Triangle concealer! I don't know why. It doesn't seem to set Laura Mercier secret concealer nor MAC studio finish concealer. Some shu products only work with other shu products...go figure. I notice how this powder exaggerates the crepey, dry lines under my eyes as it settles into the fine lines whenever i use the 2 previously mentioned products. Maybe because they are more emolient than Sue Devitt's concealer. Also leaves a dry powdery finish in the undereye area. I prefer it on my face instead of the undereye. I think I'll go back to Skin's loose powder.

I am not sure about this product. For me, this is an average loose powder, nothing spectacular. Pros: does not make me look dry (which can be achieved with powder from many other brands). Cons: as some reviewers said, it's so difficult to get powder out. The color is slightly peach (7 yr light) and the finish is slightly chalky. I also do not like the glitter. And as others said, it contains mineral oil, which bothers me a bit. I cannot say I broke out from this powder, but I feel a little bit uncomfortable. Will not repurchase.

Wow! I am amazed bu the quality of this product. It is the best powder i've used. I have this in colorless. It looks a pale pearl pinkish white in the container, but dont be fooled. This "colorless" translucent powder can be used on dark skin tones without leaving that ashy pasty look when a powder is too light.(I'm an NC45) It is extremely finely milled and looks so natural. It goes on so smoothly and its hard to over powder. If you do , simply blend with a brush. No cakiness here.I put a little on my face before using powder blush or eyeshadow. I find it makes eveything goes on more smoothly. Its great to set your makeup and make it last longer. Does not look "made up". My skin is normal so I cant say how well it absorbs excess oil.You get a nice size for 30 bucks. Compared to Prescriptives traceless powder which I used before, this is a steal. A little goes a long way , so I expect to have it for at least a year, but I will buy again.

on 1/20/2005 6:32:00 AM

I thought this could be my replacement as I am unable to purchase Bioelements products in Malaysia anymore. I tried the powder in 5Y Medium Light for 2 weeks and I had tiny white heads all over my cheeks and forehead. I stopped for a week or so and they have cleared up. If you have combination and sensitive skin like mine, please do not even bother trying it.