Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

3.6

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

on 11/18/2008 6:44:00 AM

I hadn't used powder in a long time but was encouraged to buy this product when watching a makeup artist's tips on essential products (yes I was bored). I have this in the colourless version - I am very fair - and I love it. I dust it on liberally with the puff provided, and then dust off the excess with a shu uemura powder brush. I find this sets my make up, helps fix any excess oil and provides a better base for blush. It also makes my skin glow and look flawless in photos, which is a nice bonus!
And a little goes a long way - I've owned mine for almost a year now, use it at least daily and it's perhaps a quarter gone.

on 7/18/2005 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I glanced at my own reviews not too long ago and was shocked at how few reviews I have done on the various loose face powders I have managed to accumulate over the last few years. The reason that I can come up with for not doing reviews is because I find most powders to be average - not outstanding in any significant way (and that's probably why I keep buying loose powders hoping against hope that I will find one that is so outstanding and perfect that I will toss out all these average products and stick with one that is just right). So far it hasn't happened. Shu Uemura's powder is average to me. I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, because this is a translucent color the color is fine on my pale complexion. I have an oily t-zone but I do not find that this product helps to control the oil in that area of my face any better than the most average of drugstore powders. You do get a generous amount of product from Shu Uemura so the powder container I have will probably last me a lifetime but I can find no compelling reason why I would repurchase if I ever run out.

I've read such good things about this powder I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately it breaks me out. Ingredients list mineral oil which may be the culprit. I'm back to Chantecaille's talc-free version. I was hoping I'd found a less expensive option to Chantecaille, but not yet.

on 2/13/2004 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pricey but worth every penny. Had to call and order this direct from New York. Could not find it anywhere. Very impressed! Super fine soomth finish. Great translucent color! Great powder!!

on 11/19/2003 11:43:00 PM

Scored this at a substantial discount from a super eBayer and I have to say, knowing what I know now, I would have paid full price. Got this in the Sheer Colorless and it sets my face like a dream. Just a dusting with the enclosed puff at the end of my a.m. foundation-concealer routine is enough to keep the oilies at bay all morning and afternoon. Usually have to blot eventually, but I'm not complaining -- this is good stuff! So finely milled!