Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I got it in colorless and use it over Shu's lightbulb foundation in medium beige. The powder gives a very smooth, light,natural finish over the glowing foundation. Since it's colorless and very fine, it enhances the glow of the foundation underneath. If your base foundation is not dewy or glowy finish, the powder itself doesn't give any glowy finish. That's why the powder is called 'sheer'. If you are looking for more definitive glow, try Dior nude air loose powder. I don't need coverage so this is good but if you are looking for more polished / airbrushed look with coverage, this product may not be the one. If you don't sweat much, this powder can set the makeup for more than 12 hours. If it's a rainy day in sg and I spend the entire day indoors at work other than going out for lunch etc., my makeup stay put from morning, go to evening class and till I get home around 9pm

on 4/22/2004 5:34:00 AM

Shu Uemura is fast becoming one of my favorite makeup brands (aside from MAC) because of its no-nonsense, non-gimmicky products. This is best loose powder I've bought. Seriously. I have this powder in 7YR Light. This is a sheer, finely milled powder that leaves a wonderful silky and matte finish on the skin. No chalky residue, and no mask-like effect. Just perfect! The packaging is very practical too. It comes with a puff (which I never use because I'm using MAC #129) and it has a super fine sifter that gauges just the right amount of powder per application when I flip the unopened jar upside down. The price is reasonable for a product of such superb quality.

on 12/21/2003 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Although I think this product is pretty pricy, I do like it and would buy it again. The container is great, the fine mesh prevents too much powder on your brush. It feels smooth on the skin and not crepy looking. Lovely! Edit: 1/27/04, Wow! This has lasted me over 15 months and I still have lots left. I puff my face with it first, then lightly brush over it.

on 6/13/2003 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I guarantee you've never tried a powder as awesome as this, if you have, I'll eat my puff!! I first tried this when a Shu MA did my makeup for my wedding day. I've never gone near foundations or powders from a European or American brand after that day. I use 7yr light and find it perfect for my MMM olive skin. I have oily skin and live in the tropics so I chose the "matte" instead of "sheer". I can't sing enough praises about this powder, where do I start? The powder is 4x milled and melts into your skin. No buffing, pressing, rolling, caking! I used to have to carry face oil blotters around with me everywhere I go and need about 2 sheets to get all the oil off my T-zone - Yuck! Ever since I started using this loose powder as a set for the rest of my make-up, everything seems to stay on longer and I don't need to blot. I do touch up my T-zone in the late afternoon but no longer have to keep "powdering my nose". What I probably love most about Shu's products are is the quality. Very little always manages to achieve a lot! My last container (Beige 4)lasted almost 2 years!! My pores are less noticeable (after powdering) and I've had less breakouts despite living in a hot, humid place. I actually like the new fine mesh net, I just need to tip the container upside down to get the right amount of powder! This is my HG loose powder, I would rather lose a kidney than live without it. I strongly urge you to try this, you won't regret it!