Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

3.8

on 12/28/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Ah-ma-zing! I believe it's even been discontinued which truly breaks my heart. this stuff keeps me looking like a porcelain doll and makes my concealer/foundation last all day. My favourite translucent powder, and it doesn't make me look ashy either!

Truly sheer, and helps my face stay matt in hot weather (worn over foundation).

on 1/9/2010 4:57:00 PM

I am not a fan of this product. Finely milled but on my dry skin it looks cakey. I much prefer Laura Mercier translucent powder. Very expensive for the unsatisfactory quality.

on 11/1/2007 12:25:00 AM

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect powder, but Shu Uemura's isn't it. It's by no means a bad powder - just average.

Pros:
- Good packaging
- Decent coverage
- No whitish cast
- Kept my face matte for a couple hours

Cons:
- While it was good for setting foundation or being used as a sheer foundation, it creased up when used to set my concealer
- It oxidized on certain areas on my face leaving slightly darker spots, not a big problem, but kind of annoying
- Sometimes TOO matte

Conclusion: This is a decent face powder, but it might be too matte or too pigmented for some people. Also, it isn't fine enough (or at least in my case) to be used to set undereye concealer.

on 12/30/2006 2:34:00 PM

I have this in colorless and it is so sheer, so fine that it blends perfectly into my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. On most days I just apply a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks, blend and go. I don't get a whitish cast, nor do I get a cakey effect. The powder just evens out my skin and provides a velvety canvas for my cheek products. Its definitely a HG for me, and its one of the few products that I use daily. I will repurchase when I'm out.

on 4/13/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the colorless matte. At first applied, this powder created a smooth flawless finish, I was verry happy with the result since I rarely use powder, for it tends to give the unnatural caky look . Then in an hour, it turned my face into a shiny glass-looking face, and it felt uncomfortable on my skin. At the end of the night when I took it off - I had broken out. I was so disappointed!!! Guess what? It has mineral oil--yuck!!.

Ingredients: Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance.

on 11/19/2003 11:43:00 PM

Scored this at a substantial discount from a super eBayer and I have to say, knowing what I know now, I would have paid full price. Got this in the Sheer Colorless and it sets my face like a dream. Just a dusting with the enclosed puff at the end of my a.m. foundation-concealer routine is enough to keep the oilies at bay all morning and afternoon. Usually have to blot eventually, but I'm not complaining -- this is good stuff! So finely milled!

on 6/13/2003 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I guarantee you've never tried a powder as awesome as this, if you have, I'll eat my puff!! I first tried this when a Shu MA did my makeup for my wedding day. I've never gone near foundations or powders from a European or American brand after that day. I use 7yr light and find it perfect for my MMM olive skin. I have oily skin and live in the tropics so I chose the "matte" instead of "sheer". I can't sing enough praises about this powder, where do I start? The powder is 4x milled and melts into your skin. No buffing, pressing, rolling, caking! I used to have to carry face oil blotters around with me everywhere I go and need about 2 sheets to get all the oil off my T-zone - Yuck! Ever since I started using this loose powder as a set for the rest of my make-up, everything seems to stay on longer and I don't need to blot. I do touch up my T-zone in the late afternoon but no longer have to keep "powdering my nose". What I probably love most about Shu's products are is the quality. Very little always manages to achieve a lot! My last container (Beige 4)lasted almost 2 years!! My pores are less noticeable (after powdering) and I've had less breakouts despite living in a hot, humid place. I actually like the new fine mesh net, I just need to tip the container upside down to get the right amount of powder! This is my HG loose powder, I would rather lose a kidney than live without it. I strongly urge you to try this, you won't regret it!