Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

on 4/13/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the colorless matte. At first applied, this powder created a smooth flawless finish, I was verry happy with the result since I rarely use powder, for it tends to give the unnatural caky look . Then in an hour, it turned my face into a shiny glass-looking face, and it felt uncomfortable on my skin. At the end of the night when I took it off - I had broken out. I was so disappointed!!! Guess what? It has mineral oil--yuck!!.

Ingredients: Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance.

on 1/18/2004 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an excellent loose powder!
I do not have flawless skin.So,i thought i have to depend on a two way cake or compact for coverage.i was tempted to try this after all the great comments about it.The SA at the raffles city counter was rather helpful too.She commented sincerely that my skin is oily on the inside yet dehydrated on the surface so she recommanded the sheer type in 7 yr light to add some glow to my skin...I was worried that it will be too glittery at first,but after application it feels velvety and smooth and not too glittery like the prescriptives magic powder.Now I dust on after my base and concealer to get a natural and nice finish.it has some oil adsorbing effect too... my t- zone is much more matt after dusting this.Great powder,lived up to the good comments too.

on 6/13/2003 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I guarantee you've never tried a powder as awesome as this, if you have, I'll eat my puff!! I first tried this when a Shu MA did my makeup for my wedding day. I've never gone near foundations or powders from a European or American brand after that day. I use 7yr light and find it perfect for my MMM olive skin. I have oily skin and live in the tropics so I chose the "matte" instead of "sheer". I can't sing enough praises about this powder, where do I start? The powder is 4x milled and melts into your skin. No buffing, pressing, rolling, caking! I used to have to carry face oil blotters around with me everywhere I go and need about 2 sheets to get all the oil off my T-zone - Yuck! Ever since I started using this loose powder as a set for the rest of my make-up, everything seems to stay on longer and I don't need to blot. I do touch up my T-zone in the late afternoon but no longer have to keep "powdering my nose". What I probably love most about Shu's products are is the quality. Very little always manages to achieve a lot! My last container (Beige 4)lasted almost 2 years!! My pores are less noticeable (after powdering) and I've had less breakouts despite living in a hot, humid place. I actually like the new fine mesh net, I just need to tip the container upside down to get the right amount of powder! This is my HG loose powder, I would rather lose a kidney than live without it. I strongly urge you to try this, you won't regret it!

on 4/28/2003 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in 7YR LIGHT and I LOVE it. I have checked all the ingredients and they are non-comedogenic (I even emailed Sage regarding a couple I was unsure of). The texture is AMAZING: quadruple milled (I've only heard of triple milled)and so natural. I normally HATE powder, despite my oily skin, I think the effect is so fake looking and I prefer a natural look. The SHEER option is the one I bought, versus matte for this very reason. NO CAKEY look at all! It lasts without any touching up and the color is perfect for my pale yellow complexion. I can't rave enough, and I don't think the price is bad, considering T. LeClerc (which is completely cakey), By Terry, etc. Another note on the packaging is that Shu uses that fabric netting inside the loose powder container, so it stays very sheer and doesn't end up getting everywhere. This is the BEST powder on the market (I've found) and only $35. You can buy it at Barney's or Sephora.