Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.4

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

on 12/28/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Ah-ma-zing! I believe it's even been discontinued which truly breaks my heart. this stuff keeps me looking like a porcelain doll and makes my concealer/foundation last all day. My favourite translucent powder, and it doesn't make me look ashy either!

on 6/8/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is AMAZING. Very fine so goes on almost velvety, i got this in translucent and it is almost like photoshopping my face when i dust a light layer over my foundation to set, very airbrushed look because the product is very high quality and the powder is so finely milled.
The one thing i did not like about this product though is the packaging. I dont like any packaging where there are sifts or loose holes that the products can come out of and saturate the whole powder buff. I get it is a loose powder but someone needs to come up with a new packaging system, cannot stand it! The powder falls everywhere and cannot get anything out of the sift to save my life or when i do get product out theres too much of it!
But on a lighter note, the product itself is very good, i experienced no reactions to it whatsoever either, the powder lasted about 3-4 hours before a touch up was required. Overall, very nice.

on 9/9/2011 5:11:00 AM

I have the loose powder in 7YR MEDIUM LIGHT (Matt) and I love it. I normally use it to set my liquid foundation, but this powder offers decent coverage even without a foundation underneath. I find that it covers my pores and helps blur minor imperfections.This powder does nothing in terms of oil control, but I did not expect it to. I still have to blot my T-zone 2X - once before lunch and once after work. I also carry a small container of the loose powder so that I can touch up when necessary - usually once a day. I find that troublesome, so I'm actually on a look out for a good compact powder that I can use for touch ups.

on 11/1/2007 12:25:00 AM

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect powder, but Shu Uemura's isn't it. It's by no means a bad powder - just average.

Pros:
- Good packaging
- Decent coverage
- No whitish cast
- Kept my face matte for a couple hours

Cons:
- While it was good for setting foundation or being used as a sheer foundation, it creased up when used to set my concealer
- It oxidized on certain areas on my face leaving slightly darker spots, not a big problem, but kind of annoying
- Sometimes TOO matte

Conclusion: This is a decent face powder, but it might be too matte or too pigmented for some people. Also, it isn't fine enough (or at least in my case) to be used to set undereye concealer.

RIS. I got the Shu Uemura Loose Sheer Face Powder in 7YR Light. I'm a NC20. It has good coverage and looks great in photographs.

on 9/5/2007 1:50:00 PM

I've used this powder for almost a year now. Besides being remarkable for its seemingly endless contents, as well as the nice sifter that only lets a bit out, what's really amazing is how this finely milled powder looks good on me no matter water. Oily skin, dry skin, winter skin, summer skin, humid day or dry - somehow this just magically adjusts and does its job, leaving me a nicely polished surface that never looks "powdered," just clean and even. Given all of the loose powders I've run through in the past (most of which looked chalky or weird) this is a keeper, no doubt.

This is a very light, finely milled loose powder that is available either in translucent or coloured form. I use the 7YR medium and it is perfect for my C5/NC42 skintone. The colorless version may look ashy on darker skintones. I never use the puff provided as results are much better with a MAC #129.

on 8/17/2006 10:48:00 PM

LOVE This!!! I mean LOVE!! I use it to underlay my powder foundation. and it gives me such a great smooth texture. it is so finely milled. spectacular! and the packaging is so neat and clean. the puff is also extremely soft! A+

on 5/25/2006 1:18:00 AM

This is the first loose powder I have ever owned and used. I only used to wear foundation but now I use this stuff to set my foundation everyday. It creates a natural looking shine free finish. I sometimes use this over my tinted moisturiser or just my morning moisturiser. I like the way it makes my skin look even and seems to keep it shine free longer. ***Update: Acually I found my face stays shine free longer without this stuff and have since stopped using it.***

on 4/1/2006 7:41:00 AM

i have a growing addiction to shu uemura. other brands i have used (and liked) in the past are prescriptives traceless and t l clerc loose powder, but this is my new HG :) sets my liquid foundation nicely without looking cakey as some loose powder would. the particles are very finely milled and texture is sheer and buildable, so you wont get an overdone chalky look even if you accidentally pick up too much powder on the brush. i am not sure how to describe my skin tone as i don't use MAC foundation whish seems to be the general reference here, but i have asian fair skin with yellowish undertone (tl clerc in beige/chanel in shell) and the 7YR light is perfect for me!