Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

3.6

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I got it in colorless and use it over Shu's lightbulb foundation in medium beige. The powder gives a very smooth, light,natural finish over the glowing foundation. Since it's colorless and very fine, it enhances the glow of the foundation underneath. If your base foundation is not dewy or glowy finish, the powder itself doesn't give any glowy finish. That's why the powder is called 'sheer'. If you are looking for more definitive glow, try Dior nude air loose powder. I don't need coverage so this is good but if you are looking for more polished / airbrushed look with coverage, this product may not be the one. If you don't sweat much, this powder can set the makeup for more than 12 hours. If it's a rainy day in sg and I spend the entire day indoors at work other than going out for lunch etc., my makeup stay put from morning, go to evening class and till I get home around 9pm

on 1/9/2010 4:57:00 PM

I am not a fan of this product. Finely milled but on my dry skin it looks cakey. I much prefer Laura Mercier translucent powder. Very expensive for the unsatisfactory quality.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this out as I have been a fan of Skin(Alison Raphael) transparent loose powder. Got this in colorless. This powder is luxuriously fine, almost velvety in texture, even the puff works very well. The color, which is a fine white, diappears on your skin (regardless of skintone) so its quite versatile as well as leaves a very fine twinkling of glitter not shimmer, which is very pretty. Works especially well in setting Sue Devitt's Bermuda Triangle concealer! I don't know why. It doesn't seem to set Laura Mercier secret concealer nor MAC studio finish concealer. Some shu products only work with other shu products...go figure. I notice how this powder exaggerates the crepey, dry lines under my eyes as it settles into the fine lines whenever i use the 2 previously mentioned products. Maybe because they are more emolient than Sue Devitt's concealer. Also leaves a dry powdery finish in the undereye area. I prefer it on my face instead of the undereye. I think I'll go back to Skin's loose powder.

on 7/18/2005 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I glanced at my own reviews not too long ago and was shocked at how few reviews I have done on the various loose face powders I have managed to accumulate over the last few years. The reason that I can come up with for not doing reviews is because I find most powders to be average - not outstanding in any significant way (and that's probably why I keep buying loose powders hoping against hope that I will find one that is so outstanding and perfect that I will toss out all these average products and stick with one that is just right). So far it hasn't happened. Shu Uemura's powder is average to me. I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, because this is a translucent color the color is fine on my pale complexion. I have an oily t-zone but I do not find that this product helps to control the oil in that area of my face any better than the most average of drugstore powders. You do get a generous amount of product from Shu Uemura so the powder container I have will probably last me a lifetime but I can find no compelling reason why I would repurchase if I ever run out.

on 5/13/2003 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a nearly perfect/HG product! It is 4X milled,great color and lasts the day! Use it instead of foundation and you will NOT look too matte - it is perfect. The screen over the powder is a little strange to deal with - tricky about getting powder out but then again there is less waste!(tried color 7yr light)