Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.2

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I got it in colorless and use it over Shu's lightbulb foundation in medium beige. The powder gives a very smooth, light,natural finish over the glowing foundation. Since it's colorless and very fine, it enhances the glow of the foundation underneath. If your base foundation is not dewy or glowy finish, the powder itself doesn't give any glowy finish. That's why the powder is called 'sheer'. If you are looking for more definitive glow, try Dior nude air loose powder. I don't need coverage so this is good but if you are looking for more polished / airbrushed look with coverage, this product may not be the one. If you don't sweat much, this powder can set the makeup for more than 12 hours. If it's a rainy day in sg and I spend the entire day indoors at work other than going out for lunch etc., my makeup stay put from morning, go to evening class and till I get home around 9pm

on 12/28/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Ah-ma-zing! I believe it's even been discontinued which truly breaks my heart. this stuff keeps me looking like a porcelain doll and makes my concealer/foundation last all day. My favourite translucent powder, and it doesn't make me look ashy either!

on 6/8/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is AMAZING. Very fine so goes on almost velvety, i got this in translucent and it is almost like photoshopping my face when i dust a light layer over my foundation to set, very airbrushed look because the product is very high quality and the powder is so finely milled.
The one thing i did not like about this product though is the packaging. I dont like any packaging where there are sifts or loose holes that the products can come out of and saturate the whole powder buff. I get it is a loose powder but someone needs to come up with a new packaging system, cannot stand it! The powder falls everywhere and cannot get anything out of the sift to save my life or when i do get product out theres too much of it!
But on a lighter note, the product itself is very good, i experienced no reactions to it whatsoever either, the powder lasted about 3-4 hours before a touch up was required. Overall, very nice.

RIS. I got the Shu Uemura Loose Sheer Face Powder in 7YR Light. I'm a NC20. It has good coverage and looks great in photographs.

on 9/5/2007 1:50:00 PM

I've used this powder for almost a year now. Besides being remarkable for its seemingly endless contents, as well as the nice sifter that only lets a bit out, what's really amazing is how this finely milled powder looks good on me no matter water. Oily skin, dry skin, winter skin, summer skin, humid day or dry - somehow this just magically adjusts and does its job, leaving me a nicely polished surface that never looks "powdered," just clean and even. Given all of the loose powders I've run through in the past (most of which looked chalky or weird) this is a keeper, no doubt.

This is a very light, finely milled loose powder that is available either in translucent or coloured form. I use the 7YR medium and it is perfect for my C5/NC42 skintone. The colorless version may look ashy on darker skintones. I never use the puff provided as results are much better with a MAC #129.

on 12/30/2006 2:34:00 PM

I have this in colorless and it is so sheer, so fine that it blends perfectly into my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. On most days I just apply a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks, blend and go. I don't get a whitish cast, nor do I get a cakey effect. The powder just evens out my skin and provides a velvety canvas for my cheek products. Its definitely a HG for me, and its one of the few products that I use daily. I will repurchase when I'm out.

on 8/17/2006 10:48:00 PM

LOVE This!!! I mean LOVE!! I use it to underlay my powder foundation. and it gives me such a great smooth texture. it is so finely milled. spectacular! and the packaging is so neat and clean. the puff is also extremely soft! A+

on 4/1/2006 7:41:00 AM

i have a growing addiction to shu uemura. other brands i have used (and liked) in the past are prescriptives traceless and t l clerc loose powder, but this is my new HG :) sets my liquid foundation nicely without looking cakey as some loose powder would. the particles are very finely milled and texture is sheer and buildable, so you wont get an overdone chalky look even if you accidentally pick up too much powder on the brush. i am not sure how to describe my skin tone as i don't use MAC foundation whish seems to be the general reference here, but i have asian fair skin with yellowish undertone (tl clerc in beige/chanel in shell) and the 7YR light is perfect for me!

Wow! I am amazed bu the quality of this product. It is the best powder i've used. I have this in colorless. It looks a pale pearl pinkish white in the container, but dont be fooled. This "colorless" translucent powder can be used on dark skin tones without leaving that ashy pasty look when a powder is too light.(I'm an NC45) It is extremely finely milled and looks so natural. It goes on so smoothly and its hard to over powder. If you do , simply blend with a brush. No cakiness here.I put a little on my face before using powder blush or eyeshadow. I find it makes eveything goes on more smoothly. Its great to set your makeup and make it last longer. Does not look "made up". My skin is normal so I cant say how well it absorbs excess oil.You get a nice size for 30 bucks. Compared to Prescriptives traceless powder which I used before, this is a steal. A little goes a long way , so I expect to have it for at least a year, but I will buy again.