Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by age: 30-35
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

on 12/30/2006 2:34:00 PM

I have this in colorless and it is so sheer, so fine that it blends perfectly into my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. On most days I just apply a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks, blend and go. I don't get a whitish cast, nor do I get a cakey effect. The powder just evens out my skin and provides a velvety canvas for my cheek products. Its definitely a HG for me, and its one of the few products that I use daily. I will repurchase when I'm out.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this out as I have been a fan of Skin(Alison Raphael) transparent loose powder. Got this in colorless. This powder is luxuriously fine, almost velvety in texture, even the puff works very well. The color, which is a fine white, diappears on your skin (regardless of skintone) so its quite versatile as well as leaves a very fine twinkling of glitter not shimmer, which is very pretty. Works especially well in setting Sue Devitt's Bermuda Triangle concealer! I don't know why. It doesn't seem to set Laura Mercier secret concealer nor MAC studio finish concealer. Some shu products only work with other shu products...go figure. I notice how this powder exaggerates the crepey, dry lines under my eyes as it settles into the fine lines whenever i use the 2 previously mentioned products. Maybe because they are more emolient than Sue Devitt's concealer. Also leaves a dry powdery finish in the undereye area. I prefer it on my face instead of the undereye. I think I'll go back to Skin's loose powder.

on 4/1/2006 7:41:00 AM

i have a growing addiction to shu uemura. other brands i have used (and liked) in the past are prescriptives traceless and t l clerc loose powder, but this is my new HG :) sets my liquid foundation nicely without looking cakey as some loose powder would. the particles are very finely milled and texture is sheer and buildable, so you wont get an overdone chalky look even if you accidentally pick up too much powder on the brush. i am not sure how to describe my skin tone as i don't use MAC foundation whish seems to be the general reference here, but i have asian fair skin with yellowish undertone (tl clerc in beige/chanel in shell) and the 7YR light is perfect for me!

I am not sure about this product. For me, this is an average loose powder, nothing spectacular. Pros: does not make me look dry (which can be achieved with powder from many other brands). Cons: as some reviewers said, it's so difficult to get powder out. The color is slightly peach (7 yr light) and the finish is slightly chalky. I also do not like the glitter. And as others said, it contains mineral oil, which bothers me a bit. I cannot say I broke out from this powder, but I feel a little bit uncomfortable. Will not repurchase.

Wow! I am amazed bu the quality of this product. It is the best powder i've used. I have this in colorless. It looks a pale pearl pinkish white in the container, but dont be fooled. This "colorless" translucent powder can be used on dark skin tones without leaving that ashy pasty look when a powder is too light.(I'm an NC45) It is extremely finely milled and looks so natural. It goes on so smoothly and its hard to over powder. If you do , simply blend with a brush. No cakiness here.I put a little on my face before using powder blush or eyeshadow. I find it makes eveything goes on more smoothly. Its great to set your makeup and make it last longer. Does not look "made up". My skin is normal so I cant say how well it absorbs excess oil.You get a nice size for 30 bucks. Compared to Prescriptives traceless powder which I used before, this is a steal. A little goes a long way , so I expect to have it for at least a year, but I will buy again.

I've read such good things about this powder I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately it breaks me out. Ingredients list mineral oil which may be the culprit. I'm back to Chantecaille's talc-free version. I was hoping I'd found a less expensive option to Chantecaille, but not yet.

on 2/13/2004 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pricey but worth every penny. Had to call and order this direct from New York. Could not find it anywhere. Very impressed! Super fine soomth finish. Great translucent color! Great powder!!