Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by age: 25-29
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.6

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I got it in colorless and use it over Shu's lightbulb foundation in medium beige. The powder gives a very smooth, light,natural finish over the glowing foundation. Since it's colorless and very fine, it enhances the glow of the foundation underneath. If your base foundation is not dewy or glowy finish, the powder itself doesn't give any glowy finish. That's why the powder is called 'sheer'. If you are looking for more definitive glow, try Dior nude air loose powder. I don't need coverage so this is good but if you are looking for more polished / airbrushed look with coverage, this product may not be the one. If you don't sweat much, this powder can set the makeup for more than 12 hours. If it's a rainy day in sg and I spend the entire day indoors at work other than going out for lunch etc., my makeup stay put from morning, go to evening class and till I get home around 9pm

on 11/18/2008 6:44:00 AM

I hadn't used powder in a long time but was encouraged to buy this product when watching a makeup artist's tips on essential products (yes I was bored). I have this in the colourless version - I am very fair - and I love it. I dust it on liberally with the puff provided, and then dust off the excess with a shu uemura powder brush. I find this sets my make up, helps fix any excess oil and provides a better base for blush. It also makes my skin glow and look flawless in photos, which is a nice bonus!
And a little goes a long way - I've owned mine for almost a year now, use it at least daily and it's perhaps a quarter gone.

This is a very light, finely milled loose powder that is available either in translucent or coloured form. I use the 7YR medium and it is perfect for my C5/NC42 skintone. The colorless version may look ashy on darker skintones. I never use the puff provided as results are much better with a MAC #129.

on 8/17/2006 10:48:00 PM

LOVE This!!! I mean LOVE!! I use it to underlay my powder foundation. and it gives me such a great smooth texture. it is so finely milled. spectacular! and the packaging is so neat and clean. the puff is also extremely soft! A+

on 1/20/2005 6:32:00 AM

I thought this could be my replacement as I am unable to purchase Bioelements products in Malaysia anymore. I tried the powder in 5Y Medium Light for 2 weeks and I had tiny white heads all over my cheeks and forehead. I stopped for a week or so and they have cleared up. If you have combination and sensitive skin like mine, please do not even bother trying it.

on 7/3/2004 5:06:00 AM

How can I say, it's very good to me.
I love it.......
This is my favourite brand.
Thank you God.

on 4/22/2004 5:34:00 AM

Shu Uemura is fast becoming one of my favorite makeup brands (aside from MAC) because of its no-nonsense, non-gimmicky products. This is best loose powder I've bought. Seriously. I have this powder in 7YR Light. This is a sheer, finely milled powder that leaves a wonderful silky and matte finish on the skin. No chalky residue, and no mask-like effect. Just perfect! The packaging is very practical too. It comes with a puff (which I never use because I'm using MAC #129) and it has a super fine sifter that gauges just the right amount of powder per application when I flip the unopened jar upside down. The price is reasonable for a product of such superb quality.

on 3/9/2004 9:40:00 PM

This is my HG loose powder. Really nicely milled with exellent color. I'm using 7yr light matte. It is a perfect color for my skin tone. The plus point is that it doesn't break me out like Bobbi Brown did. Since I have an acne prone skin this is A+ for me.

on 1/9/2004 6:20:00 AM

I got this in 7YR Light. This is a great powder! Very finely milled and I love the netting that they use instead of just your usual holes in the plastic sifter. Makes the powder more airier and easier to use!

I think this is my HG Loose Powder now!

on 8/12/2003 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I only tried tester containers of this powder but I think it is the best! Colorless - it melds with your skin to give a flawless set to my foundation and yet adds no color or the flour bag look. I use it in conjuction with my VLWC foundation. It has kept my combo T zone oilies at bay only leaving a dewy look. If you want to maintain the matte look, simply retouch later in the day (a few hours later) Great stuff and I'll definitely look into purchasing this.