Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

3.8

on 6/8/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is AMAZING. Very fine so goes on almost velvety, i got this in translucent and it is almost like photoshopping my face when i dust a light layer over my foundation to set, very airbrushed look because the product is very high quality and the powder is so finely milled.
The one thing i did not like about this product though is the packaging. I dont like any packaging where there are sifts or loose holes that the products can come out of and saturate the whole powder buff. I get it is a loose powder but someone needs to come up with a new packaging system, cannot stand it! The powder falls everywhere and cannot get anything out of the sift to save my life or when i do get product out theres too much of it!
But on a lighter note, the product itself is very good, i experienced no reactions to it whatsoever either, the powder lasted about 3-4 hours before a touch up was required. Overall, very nice.

on 11/1/2007 12:25:00 AM

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect powder, but Shu Uemura's isn't it. It's by no means a bad powder - just average.

Pros:
- Good packaging
- Decent coverage
- No whitish cast
- Kept my face matte for a couple hours

Cons:
- While it was good for setting foundation or being used as a sheer foundation, it creased up when used to set my concealer
- It oxidized on certain areas on my face leaving slightly darker spots, not a big problem, but kind of annoying
- Sometimes TOO matte

Conclusion: This is a decent face powder, but it might be too matte or too pigmented for some people. Also, it isn't fine enough (or at least in my case) to be used to set undereye concealer.

on 4/13/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the colorless matte. At first applied, this powder created a smooth flawless finish, I was verry happy with the result since I rarely use powder, for it tends to give the unnatural caky look . Then in an hour, it turned my face into a shiny glass-looking face, and it felt uncomfortable on my skin. At the end of the night when I took it off - I had broken out. I was so disappointed!!! Guess what? It has mineral oil--yuck!!.

Ingredients: Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance.

on 11/5/2003 5:23:00 AM

three cheers for this winner! i got this on discount on my trip to japan. (converted: SGD$$40++) i found that it costs about
SGD$55 in spore (",) the quality of the product is tops...
1) it blots away and prevents shine for up to a few hours on my skin (its combo/MMM & i used 7 yr lite)
2) its super fine and qives natural/dewy/pretty glow to my skin, my skin looks flawless and semi-matte
3) i dont use foundation(irritates my skin) so i thot this might not hold up oil for very long, but it proved me wrong (i didnt haf to blot or touch up)overall a great powder for days u hate to bother wif foundation n need a quick fix for ur t-zone....
kudos to shu uemura =)