MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I'm on the fence about this because the colour didn't work for me and the texture wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Picked this up from Cherryculture after reading all the rave reviews. The packaging is plastic, tacky and with a lousy scratchy brush. However, the pigmentation is great and the powder isn't crumbly. Best used with a duo-fibre brush and the colour is very lasting, atlhough it does oxidise slightly.

The texture is, however, slightly rougher than the blushers I'm used to. Milani's Baked Blushers are so much silkier on the cheeks than Sunset Beach.

Colour-wise this would suit medium-darker skintones better. It's a warm blusher but not quite light peach enough to work for a fair-medium person if you're after that healthy flush look.

on 1/1/2011 2:23:00 PM

this is such a beautiful blush! is shows up naturally on my warm caramel skin, but i think this would be complimentary on numerous skin tones. i have mac and nars blushes, and i reach for this just as much. the packaging is a joke but you can't bet the price for the quality of the blush

on 12/15/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted a Milani blush and initially wanted to buy Mai Tai, but I have so many rose blushes so I decided to go with Sunset Beach. It's a soft coral color with an orange undertone. This gives a sunburnt look to my NW 50 skin and appears so natural and effortless. I'm really happy with this blush and even happier with the price ($6.99 on cherryculture.com). It's decently pigmented, but I find that I have to pack the color on more than with my Mac and Nars blushes. Other than that, I have no complaints. This is worth a try.

on 10/21/2010 3:50:00 PM

Using this blush makes me feel like an idiot for purchasing much more expensive brands. This blush is equally beautiful and pigmented as my NARS blushes, but almost a fourth of the cost.

The packaging is decent, but the brush the product comes with it worthless. I find myself reaching for this blush every day because it looks natural and warm on my N20 skin. Love, love.

on 8/25/2010 11:01:00 AM

I really debated this color as it looked pretty dark in the pan but decided to trust the MUA and go for it. I'm so glad I took the leap. It's just beautiful. The pigmentation is very good. I apply with the MAC 188 as I do most blush. The color looks more like a bronzer to me but once applied it was just a gorgeous warm glow on my NC 20-25 skin. I think the description "Ginger peach" is a good one. No shimmer that I can make out. I wish Milani would expand the color range because this is a great product that rivals NARS IMO.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is exptremely pigmented and I was pretty pleasantly surpsied/ Beautiful color and goes wonderfully on my skintone. I would defintely reccomend this to people,Its cheap and works just as well or if not better than the pricey stuff ;)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great price. though i think this is dc'ed. i cant find it anywhere. i had to order this online. it shows up on me as a tanish peachy color. its not like any other blush or bronzer ive used before. it gives color to the face and can be used as a bronzer or you can build up a little more color and you can use this as a blush for a natural look. its gorgeous.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this blush works for darker complexions, the bronzer makes my face look dirty. And the blush looks okay but for some odd reason it really makes me break out. I use it today and got a bunch of white little bumps on my cheek. i really wanted to like this because it is a pretty color and so cheap but the blush itself just doesn't look good on me. (extra lippie for price)

on 2/28/2010 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Thanks MUA for recommending this blush! I saw it on sale today for $3 at Target and decided to give it a try, and I'm glad that I did! This blush is a perfect ginger/peach color that looks amazing! Very well pigmented. I might have to go and buy a back up.

on 2/17/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this blush/bronzer by mistake - I was actually looking for the straight-up blush called Sunset Beach that Milani has, that has also gotten great reviews. However, I am not disappointed ONE BIT that I made that error. This cheek combo is by far one of the nicest I own - and definitely the cheapest! It looks so great on my caramel complexion; perfect for any season, and wears ALL DAY. Truly, it wears better than any blush I've ever had. It boggles my mind. And as an aside, sometimes I find certain blushes will break my cheeks out (I'm oily), but this doesn't at all. Try this and you'll be hooked!

Popular Blush Products