MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach
Milani Sunset Beach

4.3

Not tested on animals

I'm on the fence about this because the colour didn't work for me and the texture wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Picked this up from Cherryculture after reading all the rave reviews. The packaging is plastic, tacky and with a lousy scratchy brush. However, the pigmentation is great and the powder isn't crumbly. Best used with a duo-fibre brush and the colour is very lasting, atlhough it does oxidise slightly.

The texture is, however, slightly rougher than the blushers I'm used to. Milani's Baked Blushers are so much silkier on the cheeks than Sunset Beach.

Colour-wise this would suit medium-darker skintones better. It's a warm blusher but not quite light peach enough to work for a fair-medium person if you're after that healthy flush look.

on 1/18/2011 6:29:00 PM

I was looking for a peachy blush for a while now & by accident came across this unknown product by Milani. I had absolutely no expectations and wanted to give it a try - Im really glad I did, this is a great product! The color is a beautiful orangey peach, no strikes, great application,no weird smell. Just a great deal for this money & definitely comparable with some high end products (if not better than some...)

on 1/1/2011 2:23:00 PM

this is such a beautiful blush! is shows up naturally on my warm caramel skin, but i think this would be complimentary on numerous skin tones. i have mac and nars blushes, and i reach for this just as much. the packaging is a joke but you can't bet the price for the quality of the blush

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this blush works for darker complexions, the bronzer makes my face look dirty. And the blush looks okay but for some odd reason it really makes me break out. I use it today and got a bunch of white little bumps on my cheek. i really wanted to like this because it is a pretty color and so cheap but the blush itself just doesn't look good on me. (extra lippie for price)

on 8/29/2009 12:12:00 PM

I am a self proclaimed blush junkie and I bought this during a d/s mega haul. I wanted to try a matte orangy blush and figured I give this MUA high status blush a whirl. Wow, not too dark on my NW20 skin. I love the fact that it has zero shimmer like most blushes. It is a bang for your buck product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a really awesome coupon for CVS ($10 off a $20 purchase!) so I went and picked this, plus a few other Milani items up. I swear, Milani never ceases to impress me. Their prices are super low for the quality of product you get. The only time I was ever disappointed in them was when I bought their nailpolish. D'oh.

Anyway, this blush did not disappoint! I was looking for something different than what I normally use -- and I normally go for pinkish blushes so I decided to pick out this one, the orangest of the bunch. It's a lovely orange-ish peach color that's great for the summer months. I feel like when I wear it I have an awesome, subtle summer glow (when blended in correctly! This stuff is super pigmented!) Don't bother using the brush that is included, it's awful. I use a brush that applies blush very lightly and build it up if I need to, then buff it out if it's too dark.

Definitely worth a try at the cost, and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I actually prefer this over my MAC blushes!! The non-orangey bronzer mixed with the muted mauve blush makes this really a multitasking shade that gives you the perfect amount of color and contour to your face. For me this color is very much like MAC's blushbaby blush, only not as sheer and lasts longer.