MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I hate to be the first reviewer to give this less than 5 lippies, but the color is just not for me. On me, it's exactly the color of rust, and just about as bright, even when I just press my blush brush into it slightly. Silky smooth, though, and lasts all day. I don't really know what I'll do with this, but I know I won't reach for it often.

on 8/8/2005 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a warm MMM, and this is a great blush for me. I've never found a peachy shade to work until this one.
Use a light hand & blend well. I wouldn't mind if the packaging were different (to include a brush or sponge for on-the-go touch ups).
For the price, this is great stuff.

on 3/19/2006 1:29:00 AM

Sunset Beach really is quite bright for my LLL/FFF, NC25 skin, even after applying with a light hand. I found this to be harder to work with than Mango Tango for my complexion. That said, just like other Milani blushes, the quality is excellent - finely milled and very pigmented. The color is just not for me so I won't repurchase, but it may work quite well for others.

on 3/19/2006 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the very few powder blushes that I use, as personally I just much prefer gel blushes & stains. I like this terracotta shade for when I want a warm blush shade that is bit deeper than a peach, but not quite a bronzer either. Quite a unique shade IMO. Until or unless I find a gel blush or stain in a shade like this I would repurchase.

on 10/20/2008 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a fabulous color, great product, and it lasts. Highly pigmented, so careful blending is recomended. Will repurchase, esp when you can find a blush this good for less than 10 dollars. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Kinda flimsy and cheap, useless brush. But whatever. I still love this blush

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Milani should really change their blush's packagings! I've been eyeing Milani blushes for a while but wasnt sure what color to get since I have so many of MAC blushes. I've been looking for a good peachy blush thats more on the orange side than pink, but didnt wanna spend too much money. I went to Walgreens to buy Milani's Mai tai blush, I had never even seen sunset beach. They were out of Mai Tai and had one sunset beach left. I thought what the heck, for $4-5, its worth a try. I came home, tried it on and WOW. This really looks fabulous especially on the summer months. I say everyone give it a try, I am very impressed with how pigmented it is as well for a drugstore brand. Definitely will repurchase this!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a really awesome coupon for CVS ($10 off a $20 purchase!) so I went and picked this, plus a few other Milani items up. I swear, Milani never ceases to impress me. Their prices are super low for the quality of product you get. The only time I was ever disappointed in them was when I bought their nailpolish. D'oh.

Anyway, this blush did not disappoint! I was looking for something different than what I normally use -- and I normally go for pinkish blushes so I decided to pick out this one, the orangest of the bunch. It's a lovely orange-ish peach color that's great for the summer months. I feel like when I wear it I have an awesome, subtle summer glow (when blended in correctly! This stuff is super pigmented!) Don't bother using the brush that is included, it's awful. I use a brush that applies blush very lightly and build it up if I need to, then buff it out if it's too dark.

Definitely worth a try at the cost, and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised :)

on 10/21/2010 3:50:00 PM

Using this blush makes me feel like an idiot for purchasing much more expensive brands. This blush is equally beautiful and pigmented as my NARS blushes, but almost a fourth of the cost.

The packaging is decent, but the brush the product comes with it worthless. I find myself reaching for this blush every day because it looks natural and warm on my N20 skin. Love, love.

on 12/15/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted a Milani blush and initially wanted to buy Mai Tai, but I have so many rose blushes so I decided to go with Sunset Beach. It's a soft coral color with an orange undertone. This gives a sunburnt look to my NW 50 skin and appears so natural and effortless. I'm really happy with this blush and even happier with the price ($6.99 on cherryculture.com). It's decently pigmented, but I find that I have to pack the color on more than with my Mac and Nars blushes. Other than that, I have no complaints. This is worth a try.

Popular Blush Products