MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Milani Sunset Beach

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 4/30/2005 8:06:00 PM

I only gave Milani a second look after reading MUA reviews, and am so glad I did! This brown-peach color looked dark in the case, but was lighter on application. Gave my warm-toned PPP skin a healthy, sun-kissed glow! Love how it feels smooth and silky. The size is kind of small though, and powder tended to catch too much on my brush.

on 11/19/2005 1:11:00 AM

This is a great blush for me (LLL-MMM/AAB but more light nowadays)--it's a warm, baked terracotta color in the pan, but a light dusting of this on cheeks (well-blended, natch) gives me the healthiest, brightest peachy glow (too much and it starts to look orangey). This is super pigmented, though, so use a very light hand unless you're fairly deep-complected. I absolutely love that this is matte. It's a nice change of pace in a world gone all sparkly. Great texture--velvety soft and finely-milled. Lasts and lasts. Pan can be easily depotted via the blowdryer method and this is super-cheap to boot (around 3 USD). continued >>

on 12/23/2005 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A matte orangey-brown color. Very very pigmented. Sadly, I can't use it since I'm really really fair. I can't wear warm blushers, the furthest I can go is with shades of pale apricot. This is very very warm and just not suitable for me.

on 1/28/2008 6:21:00 PM

Sunset Beach doesn't look all that spectacular in the pan; it's a matte terra cotta color. At first I thought it'd turn orange on me, but Sunset Beach gives me the most delightful bronzey glow, especially during the cold winter months. The blush is very pigmented, so I only use a little bit and I can see a pan lasting a VERY long time.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I actually prefer this over my MAC blushes!! The non-orangey bronzer mixed with the muted mauve blush makes this really a multitasking shade that gives you the perfect amount of color and contour to your face. For me this color is very much like MAC's blushbaby blush, only not as sheer and lasts longer.

on 8/19/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not particularly great texture, the powder is not firmly pressed, meaning can pick up more products than one desired. The product is rather pigmented, its orangy undertone works for me in summer, although I will stay clear when winter comes, even my undertone is yellow.
I started out by picking up some loose powder first before dipping into this blush.
This is as good as the Ben Nye powder blush, although BN has much more colour selection.
An extra lippie b/c of the low price $5.99.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely matte orange color. It may sound scary, but it is actually quite wearable, even on my cool fair skin! I would say this is a better color for summer/fall then spring and winter, at least for me. I still like the color for days when I'm tired of peach or pink.

The packaging is a definite 5 out of 5. I love that the pan is round and wide enough to comfortable dip different size blush brushes in. I also LOVE that you can see the blush while it is closed and I LOVE the compartment and mirror on the opposite side. It makes perfect for throwing into your bag for on the go. Obviously the brush it comes with is useless but you can still store other items in the compartment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is exptremely pigmented and I was pretty pleasantly surpsied/ Beautiful color and goes wonderfully on my skintone. I would defintely reccomend this to people,Its cheap and works just as well or if not better than the pricey stuff ;)

on 11/5/2010 11:12:00 PM

I have been searching for a peachy blush for awhile, but I am a poor college student so I don't want to spend money on mac and nars. So, I check out MUA as usual and came across milani and there blush reviews were good. I went to CVS and saw sunset beach but the color scared me! ha ha, so I walked out empty handed. But I kept thinking about this blush so I just sucked it up and went back and got it. Boy am I glad I did! This is a perfect shade for my skin color, and I would think it would be great for others as well. The lasting power is great I actually like it better then my expensive blushes that I bought in the past, such as nars. Others are comparing nars orgasm with this and I don't see any comparison at all! (are people color blind? ha ha) Therefore, if you are looking into a peachy blush and you come across sunset beach reviews please go out any buy it! You won't regret it!

Popular Blush Products