MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 11/5/2010 11:12:00 PM

I have been searching for a peachy blush for awhile, but I am a poor college student so I don't want to spend money on mac and nars. So, I check out MUA as usual and came across milani and there blush reviews were good. I went to CVS and saw sunset beach but the color scared me! ha ha, so I walked out empty handed. But I kept thinking about this blush so I just sucked it up and went back and got it. Boy am I glad I did! This is a perfect shade for my skin color, and I would think it would be great for others as well. The lasting power is great I actually like it better then my expensive blushes that I bought in the past, such as nars. Others are comparing nars orgasm with this and I don't see any comparison at all! (are people color blind? ha ha) Therefore, if you are looking into a peachy blush and you come across sunset beach reviews please go out any buy it! You won't regret it!

on 8/25/2010 11:01:00 AM

I really debated this color as it looked pretty dark in the pan but decided to trust the MUA and go for it. I'm so glad I took the leap. It's just beautiful. The pigmentation is very good. I apply with the MAC 188 as I do most blush. The color looks more like a bronzer to me but once applied it was just a gorgeous warm glow on my NC 20-25 skin. I think the description "Ginger peach" is a good one. No shimmer that I can make out. I wish Milani would expand the color range because this is a great product that rivals NARS IMO.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely matte orange color. It may sound scary, but it is actually quite wearable, even on my cool fair skin! I would say this is a better color for summer/fall then spring and winter, at least for me. I still like the color for days when I'm tired of peach or pink.

The packaging is a definite 5 out of 5. I love that the pan is round and wide enough to comfortable dip different size blush brushes in. I also LOVE that you can see the blush while it is closed and I LOVE the compartment and mirror on the opposite side. It makes perfect for throwing into your bag for on the go. Obviously the brush it comes with is useless but you can still store other items in the compartment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

At first I was very sad when I found out this blush was no longer a part of the Milani Cosmetics collection. Sadness soon left and made way for anger. Anger turned into rage..and rage brought on thoughts of death and distruction. Someone was going to pay for discontinuing this product. I wasn't even given the chance to fully indulge in it. Someone was going to pay. One day while strolling through the aisles of Ekerds I glanced over at the Milani display. Knowing that I was fully stocked on the products I loved by the brand, I didnt intend on staying to long near it. Suddenly I spoted something larger than a eyeshadow compact but smaller than their blush. OMFG it was Sunset Beach. I don't know how long I was passed out in the aisle...but it might have been several hours until someone realized I wasn't part of the store displays. It would have taken the jaws of life to pry Sunset Beach out of my slightly pyschotic fist. It was mine. At last..a stunning Terracotta blush for the cheeks of this Deviantly Delicious Dark Diva. All is well now...all is well!

on 3/25/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great blush--just the wrong color for me. It's a matte terracotta brown/orange...but the orange tones require patience and a lot of blending to work with my NC30 skintone. I'll have to pass. So far, this is the only Milani blush that don't absolutely love--that's not a bad record.

on 8/8/2005 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a warm MMM, and this is a great blush for me. I've never found a peachy shade to work until this one.
Use a light hand & blend well. I wouldn't mind if the packaging were different (to include a brush or sponge for on-the-go touch ups).
For the price, this is great stuff.

I hate to be the first reviewer to give this less than 5 lippies, but the color is just not for me. On me, it's exactly the color of rust, and just about as bright, even when I just press my blush brush into it slightly. Silky smooth, though, and lasts all day. I don't really know what I'll do with this, but I know I won't reach for it often.

on 5/13/2005 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love it! recommended by a MUAer. Everyone seems do differ on what color it is, to me it looks like a deep rosish-terracotta with a hint of bronze in the pan. On me, well that's a little harder. But it does instantly brighten my face, and it looks a bit fuller too. Proud to say this is my first blush

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a pretty blush. Shows up on me as a deep peach blush. I love that it's matte and has a smooth texture.

Popular Blush Products