MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I'm on the fence about this because the colour didn't work for me and the texture wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Picked this up from Cherryculture after reading all the rave reviews. The packaging is plastic, tacky and with a lousy scratchy brush. However, the pigmentation is great and the powder isn't crumbly. Best used with a duo-fibre brush and the colour is very lasting, atlhough it does oxidise slightly.

The texture is, however, slightly rougher than the blushers I'm used to. Milani's Baked Blushers are so much silkier on the cheeks than Sunset Beach.

Colour-wise this would suit medium-darker skintones better. It's a warm blusher but not quite light peach enough to work for a fair-medium person if you're after that healthy flush look.

on 1/18/2011 6:29:00 PM

I was looking for a peachy blush for a while now & by accident came across this unknown product by Milani. I had absolutely no expectations and wanted to give it a try - Im really glad I did, this is a great product! The color is a beautiful orangey peach, no strikes, great application,no weird smell. Just a great deal for this money & definitely comparable with some high end products (if not better than some...)

on 1/1/2011 2:23:00 PM

this is such a beautiful blush! is shows up naturally on my warm caramel skin, but i think this would be complimentary on numerous skin tones. i have mac and nars blushes, and i reach for this just as much. the packaging is a joke but you can't bet the price for the quality of the blush

on 10/21/2010 3:50:00 PM

Using this blush makes me feel like an idiot for purchasing much more expensive brands. This blush is equally beautiful and pigmented as my NARS blushes, but almost a fourth of the cost.

The packaging is decent, but the brush the product comes with it worthless. I find myself reaching for this blush every day because it looks natural and warm on my N20 skin. Love, love.

I'm NC45/50 in MAC and Caramel in Revlon

Simply..Fabulous. This was the first blush I EVER bought, and I must say, I am now a blush addict!

Very pretty, very natural, and very buildable. Spot on. I'm, not a fan of the packaging...it comes with a hidden mirror compartment and a cheapo brush...but I've overlooked that because the product is stellar!

on 10/23/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BLUSH!! I have so many blushes but, this is my number one blush. When I bought it I wasn't expecting to be wowed as much as I was. I am AA with caramel complexioned skin and this blush does wonders for me. It brings out my complexion and my eyes. I loved this blush so much that after wearing it the first day, I went and bought another one for fear that it would be discontinued. This is my HG blush all the way.

on 8/29/2009 12:12:00 PM

I am a self proclaimed blush junkie and I bought this during a d/s mega haul. I wanted to try a matte orangy blush and figured I give this MUA high status blush a whirl. Wow, not too dark on my NW20 skin. I love the fact that it has zero shimmer like most blushes. It is a bang for your buck product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Milani should really change their blush's packagings! I've been eyeing Milani blushes for a while but wasnt sure what color to get since I have so many of MAC blushes. I've been looking for a good peachy blush thats more on the orange side than pink, but didnt wanna spend too much money. I went to Walgreens to buy Milani's Mai tai blush, I had never even seen sunset beach. They were out of Mai Tai and had one sunset beach left. I thought what the heck, for $4-5, its worth a try. I came home, tried it on and WOW. This really looks fabulous especially on the summer months. I say everyone give it a try, I am very impressed with how pigmented it is as well for a drugstore brand. Definitely will repurchase this!

on 10/20/2008 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a fabulous color, great product, and it lasts. Highly pigmented, so careful blending is recomended. Will repurchase, esp when you can find a blush this good for less than 10 dollars. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Kinda flimsy and cheap, useless brush. But whatever. I still love this blush

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

oh my.....i've loved makeup since my mom gave me my first tube of red Max Factor lipstick at the age of 11. For YEARS, i've not bothered with blush bc i figured being AA i didnt need it........over the last 2 years, i've dabbled with them and have looked high and low for the 'perfect" blush.

then i got engaged....and i got serious about finding one. i heard about NARS Taj Mahal but my budget does not allow for $25 blushes......when i heard sunset beach was a dupe, i was all over it...and then found out mere hours later that it had been discontinued! Whaaat?!?!?!

i ended up turning to the internet for this one, and was very pleased to find a source. i only ordered one and when i received it i was not impressed with how it looked. kinda flat and uninteresting....but after wearing it once, i'm going to order another.

this is perfect. it looks like the glow is from within, its not sparkly on me and looked great even though i applied it with my fingers at work. most importantly, when i tried on my dress that afternoon in a lingerie boutique, i truly looked "Bridal".

WOC, if you're seeking the perfect glow and natural flush, and especially if you're getting married, i strongly recommend that you find this wherever u can.

**********************************************************
After completing my 2nd order, i didn't want to be stingy, lol...check out this ebay seller. Total is a little over $6. http://cgi.ebay.com/MILANI-POWDER-BLUSH-07-SUNSET-BEACH_W0QQitemZ170174741057QQihZ007QQcategoryZ11864QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Popular Blush Products