MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Milani Sunset Beach

3.7

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely matte orange color. It may sound scary, but it is actually quite wearable, even on my cool fair skin! I would say this is a better color for summer/fall then spring and winter, at least for me. I still like the color for days when I'm tired of peach or pink.

The packaging is a definite 5 out of 5. I love that the pan is round and wide enough to comfortable dip different size blush brushes in. I also LOVE that you can see the blush while it is closed and I LOVE the compartment and mirror on the opposite side. It makes perfect for throwing into your bag for on the go. Obviously the brush it comes with is useless but you can still store other items in the compartment.

on 3/19/2006 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the very few powder blushes that I use, as personally I just much prefer gel blushes & stains. I like this terracotta shade for when I want a warm blush shade that is bit deeper than a peach, but not quite a bronzer either. Quite a unique shade IMO. Until or unless I find a gel blush or stain in a shade like this I would repurchase.

on 3/19/2006 1:29:00 AM

Sunset Beach really is quite bright for my LLL/FFF, NC25 skin, even after applying with a light hand. I found this to be harder to work with than Mango Tango for my complexion. That said, just like other Milani blushes, the quality is excellent - finely milled and very pigmented. The color is just not for me so I won't repurchase, but it may work quite well for others.

on 12/23/2005 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A matte orangey-brown color. Very very pigmented. Sadly, I can't use it since I'm really really fair. I can't wear warm blushers, the furthest I can go is with shades of pale apricot. This is very very warm and just not suitable for me.

I hate to be the first reviewer to give this less than 5 lippies, but the color is just not for me. On me, it's exactly the color of rust, and just about as bright, even when I just press my blush brush into it slightly. Silky smooth, though, and lasts all day. I don't really know what I'll do with this, but I know I won't reach for it often.

on 4/30/2005 8:06:00 PM

I only gave Milani a second look after reading MUA reviews, and am so glad I did! This brown-peach color looked dark in the case, but was lighter on application. Gave my warm-toned PPP skin a healthy, sun-kissed glow! Love how it feels smooth and silky. The size is kind of small though, and powder tended to catch too much on my brush.

Popular Blush Products