MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Milani Sunset Beach

4.8

Not tested on animals

on 8/25/2007 1:31:00 AM

Huge Milani fan! How could they discontinue these gems?? SUNSET BEACH imo, is the BEST blush from Milani! Faaaar better than “luminous” or “mango tango”. If you happen to come across this blush whether it be in store or on a swap list- GET IT!!! I agree whole heartedly with everything anniele has said about this blush. I would like to add that this works great as a bronzer, depending on your skin tone. On my NC40-42 complexion, this adds that hint of healthy, glowyness like you can only get from a Caribbean vacation. This in no way looks dirty, fake or sparkly. You only need to use sparingly. Sunset beach really, truly is reminiscent of spending a day at the beach. If I could, I would use this daily, but I’m afraid I’ll run out!

This looks downright ugly in the pan, but give it a chance. It is a warm, peachy, almost bronze shade when applied - very pretty. I'm fair and I'm able to use this more like a bronzer. I put it on my cheeks and add a little to my temples and chin, then add a pop of a brighter peach (like Nars Torrid) on the apples of my cheeks. I like that it doesn't contain any shimmer but does give a nice glow to the skin. Very well made product and for a killer price.

on 10/15/2005 11:41:00 PM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Very oily skin that is prone to breakouts.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Powder blush duo. About $4 US retail. Definitely available in Ulta, Sav-On Drugs and CVS drugstores.

PACKAGING Milani blushes come in a round compact with a transparent lid. Very basic and not problematic other than the fact that the pan is too small for a proper blush brush. I have to dip or swipe my brush twice and even then I do not get an even coat of color. I took off one point for packaging.

COLOR Sunset Beach is a warm burnt-orange terracotta-like shade. It is completely matte. I used to be very skeptical about this blush and thinking that it would be one of the few in Milani's collection that I would not buy. I used to be not a fan of orangey shades. I thought Sunset Beach looked too muddy too. However, I caved in and gave this blush a try. I am very happy that I did. With the right application, it looks very warm and healthy. It is definitely a lot more "lively" on the skin than it is in the pan.

TEXTURE Very soft, smooth and blendable.

SCENT No noticeable scent, as it should be.

OVERALL Yet another impressive product from Milani. The quality is comparable to high-end but the price is just as much if not lower than other drugstore brands. I will definitely repurchase. continued >>

on 6/12/2005 6:47:00 PM

I can't find any place around her anymore that sells Milani, and if I ever ran out of this blush I don't know what I'd do. This is my 'holy grail' without a doubt. I use this even more than I use MAC's Primpin/Golden Kitty duo, and definitely more than any other blush. I'm pretty pale with yellowy undertones, and I thought this would look freakish on me at first. But when applied with a skunk brush, it looks unbelievably (or believably, actually) great. It gives me the appearance of having been out in the sun for just a little bit--a slight flush to the cheeks. It's great without without bronzer, and it seems to stay forever. Best blush ever.

on 1/29/2005 3:35:00 AM

Bronzers never looked good on me, but this blush gives me such a pretty sun-kissed tint. I love this item! Definitely a must-have.

on 4/23/2004 1:03:00 PM

I prefer this blush over the infamous "Luminous". It's a rich terracotta color as described below by the other reviewers and on me (NC35, MMM) it worked great as a bronzer. It's fairly matte with no glitter so it's very versatile for work or play.