MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I'm on the fence about this because the colour didn't work for me and the texture wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Picked this up from Cherryculture after reading all the rave reviews. The packaging is plastic, tacky and with a lousy scratchy brush. However, the pigmentation is great and the powder isn't crumbly. Best used with a duo-fibre brush and the colour is very lasting, atlhough it does oxidise slightly.

The texture is, however, slightly rougher than the blushers I'm used to. Milani's Baked Blushers are so much silkier on the cheeks than Sunset Beach.

Colour-wise this would suit medium-darker skintones better. It's a warm blusher but not quite light peach enough to work for a fair-medium person if you're after that healthy flush look.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this blush works for darker complexions, the bronzer makes my face look dirty. And the blush looks okay but for some odd reason it really makes me break out. I use it today and got a bunch of white little bumps on my cheek. i really wanted to like this because it is a pretty color and so cheap but the blush itself just doesn't look good on me. (extra lippie for price)

on 12/23/2005 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A matte orangey-brown color. Very very pigmented. Sadly, I can't use it since I'm really really fair. I can't wear warm blushers, the furthest I can go is with shades of pale apricot. This is very very warm and just not suitable for me.

on 8/19/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not particularly great texture, the powder is not firmly pressed, meaning can pick up more products than one desired. The product is rather pigmented, its orangy undertone works for me in summer, although I will stay clear when winter comes, even my undertone is yellow.
I started out by picking up some loose powder first before dipping into this blush.
This is as good as the Ben Nye powder blush, although BN has much more colour selection.
An extra lippie b/c of the low price $5.99.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a really awesome coupon for CVS ($10 off a $20 purchase!) so I went and picked this, plus a few other Milani items up. I swear, Milani never ceases to impress me. Their prices are super low for the quality of product you get. The only time I was ever disappointed in them was when I bought their nailpolish. D'oh.

Anyway, this blush did not disappoint! I was looking for something different than what I normally use -- and I normally go for pinkish blushes so I decided to pick out this one, the orangest of the bunch. It's a lovely orange-ish peach color that's great for the summer months. I feel like when I wear it I have an awesome, subtle summer glow (when blended in correctly! This stuff is super pigmented!) Don't bother using the brush that is included, it's awful. I use a brush that applies blush very lightly and build it up if I need to, then buff it out if it's too dark.

Definitely worth a try at the cost, and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised :)

on 1/28/2008 6:21:00 PM

Sunset Beach doesn't look all that spectacular in the pan; it's a matte terra cotta color. At first I thought it'd turn orange on me, but Sunset Beach gives me the most delightful bronzey glow, especially during the cold winter months. The blush is very pigmented, so I only use a little bit and I can see a pan lasting a VERY long time.

on 3/25/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great blush--just the wrong color for me. It's a matte terracotta brown/orange...but the orange tones require patience and a lot of blending to work with my NC30 skintone. I'll have to pass. So far, this is the only Milani blush that don't absolutely love--that's not a bad record.

on 3/19/2006 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the very few powder blushes that I use, as personally I just much prefer gel blushes & stains. I like this terracotta shade for when I want a warm blush shade that is bit deeper than a peach, but not quite a bronzer either. Quite a unique shade IMO. Until or unless I find a gel blush or stain in a shade like this I would repurchase.

on 3/19/2006 1:29:00 AM

Sunset Beach really is quite bright for my LLL/FFF, NC25 skin, even after applying with a light hand. I found this to be harder to work with than Mango Tango for my complexion. That said, just like other Milani blushes, the quality is excellent - finely milled and very pigmented. The color is just not for me so I won't repurchase, but it may work quite well for others.

on 4/30/2005 8:06:00 PM

I only gave Milani a second look after reading MUA reviews, and am so glad I did! This brown-peach color looked dark in the case, but was lighter on application. Gave my warm-toned PPP skin a healthy, sun-kissed glow! Love how it feels smooth and silky. The size is kind of small though, and powder tended to catch too much on my brush.

Popular Blush Products