MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I'm on the fence about this because the colour didn't work for me and the texture wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Picked this up from Cherryculture after reading all the rave reviews. The packaging is plastic, tacky and with a lousy scratchy brush. However, the pigmentation is great and the powder isn't crumbly. Best used with a duo-fibre brush and the colour is very lasting, atlhough it does oxidise slightly.

The texture is, however, slightly rougher than the blushers I'm used to. Milani's Baked Blushers are so much silkier on the cheeks than Sunset Beach.

Colour-wise this would suit medium-darker skintones better. It's a warm blusher but not quite light peach enough to work for a fair-medium person if you're after that healthy flush look.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this blush works for darker complexions, the bronzer makes my face look dirty. And the blush looks okay but for some odd reason it really makes me break out. I use it today and got a bunch of white little bumps on my cheek. i really wanted to like this because it is a pretty color and so cheap but the blush itself just doesn't look good on me. (extra lippie for price)

on 12/23/2005 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A matte orangey-brown color. Very very pigmented. Sadly, I can't use it since I'm really really fair. I can't wear warm blushers, the furthest I can go is with shades of pale apricot. This is very very warm and just not suitable for me.

I hate to be the first reviewer to give this less than 5 lippies, but the color is just not for me. On me, it's exactly the color of rust, and just about as bright, even when I just press my blush brush into it slightly. Silky smooth, though, and lasts all day. I don't really know what I'll do with this, but I know I won't reach for it often.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely matte orange color. It may sound scary, but it is actually quite wearable, even on my cool fair skin! I would say this is a better color for summer/fall then spring and winter, at least for me. I still like the color for days when I'm tired of peach or pink.

The packaging is a definite 5 out of 5. I love that the pan is round and wide enough to comfortable dip different size blush brushes in. I also LOVE that you can see the blush while it is closed and I LOVE the compartment and mirror on the opposite side. It makes perfect for throwing into your bag for on the go. Obviously the brush it comes with is useless but you can still store other items in the compartment.

on 8/19/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not particularly great texture, the powder is not firmly pressed, meaning can pick up more products than one desired. The product is rather pigmented, its orangy undertone works for me in summer, although I will stay clear when winter comes, even my undertone is yellow.
I started out by picking up some loose powder first before dipping into this blush.
This is as good as the Ben Nye powder blush, although BN has much more colour selection.
An extra lippie b/c of the low price $5.99.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a really awesome coupon for CVS ($10 off a $20 purchase!) so I went and picked this, plus a few other Milani items up. I swear, Milani never ceases to impress me. Their prices are super low for the quality of product you get. The only time I was ever disappointed in them was when I bought their nailpolish. D'oh.

Anyway, this blush did not disappoint! I was looking for something different than what I normally use -- and I normally go for pinkish blushes so I decided to pick out this one, the orangest of the bunch. It's a lovely orange-ish peach color that's great for the summer months. I feel like when I wear it I have an awesome, subtle summer glow (when blended in correctly! This stuff is super pigmented!) Don't bother using the brush that is included, it's awful. I use a brush that applies blush very lightly and build it up if I need to, then buff it out if it's too dark.

Definitely worth a try at the cost, and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised :)

on 1/28/2008 6:21:00 PM

Sunset Beach doesn't look all that spectacular in the pan; it's a matte terra cotta color. At first I thought it'd turn orange on me, but Sunset Beach gives me the most delightful bronzey glow, especially during the cold winter months. The blush is very pigmented, so I only use a little bit and I can see a pan lasting a VERY long time.

This looks downright ugly in the pan, but give it a chance. It is a warm, peachy, almost bronze shade when applied - very pretty. I'm fair and I'm able to use this more like a bronzer. I put it on my cheeks and add a little to my temples and chin, then add a pop of a brighter peach (like Nars Torrid) on the apples of my cheeks. I like that it doesn't contain any shimmer but does give a nice glow to the skin. Very well made product and for a killer price.

on 3/25/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great blush--just the wrong color for me. It's a matte terracotta brown/orange...but the orange tones require patience and a lot of blending to work with my NC30 skintone. I'll have to pass. So far, this is the only Milani blush that don't absolutely love--that's not a bad record.

Popular Blush Products