MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 10/21/2010 3:50:00 PM

Using this blush makes me feel like an idiot for purchasing much more expensive brands. This blush is equally beautiful and pigmented as my NARS blushes, but almost a fourth of the cost.

The packaging is decent, but the brush the product comes with it worthless. I find myself reaching for this blush every day because it looks natural and warm on my N20 skin. Love, love.

on 8/29/2009 12:12:00 PM

I am a self proclaimed blush junkie and I bought this during a d/s mega haul. I wanted to try a matte orangy blush and figured I give this MUA high status blush a whirl. Wow, not too dark on my NW20 skin. I love the fact that it has zero shimmer like most blushes. It is a bang for your buck product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

oh my.....i've loved makeup since my mom gave me my first tube of red Max Factor lipstick at the age of 11. For YEARS, i've not bothered with blush bc i figured being AA i didnt need it........over the last 2 years, i've dabbled with them and have looked high and low for the 'perfect" blush.

then i got engaged....and i got serious about finding one. i heard about NARS Taj Mahal but my budget does not allow for $25 blushes......when i heard sunset beach was a dupe, i was all over it...and then found out mere hours later that it had been discontinued! Whaaat?!?!?!

i ended up turning to the internet for this one, and was very pleased to find a source. i only ordered one and when i received it i was not impressed with how it looked. kinda flat and uninteresting....but after wearing it once, i'm going to order another.

this is perfect. it looks like the glow is from within, its not sparkly on me and looked great even though i applied it with my fingers at work. most importantly, when i tried on my dress that afternoon in a lingerie boutique, i truly looked "Bridal".

WOC, if you're seeking the perfect glow and natural flush, and especially if you're getting married, i strongly recommend that you find this wherever u can.

**********************************************************
After completing my 2nd order, i didn't want to be stingy, lol...check out this ebay seller. Total is a little over $6. http://cgi.ebay.com/MILANI-POWDER-BLUSH-07-SUNSET-BEACH_W0QQitemZ170174741057QQihZ007QQcategoryZ11864QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

I love this blush. Love it!!! I try to keep in mind when i buy anything, is would i buy it if it was high priced and the answer for this is absolutely. I'm a C40 mac and this gave me a really warm terra cotta glow. I'm also a makeup artist and it looks fantastic on C7's NC45 and NW45. Also, the pigment is fabulous and for 3.00 what have you got to lose!! P.S. Don't let the package color throw you off. (description: warm russet shade)

I'm on the fence about this because the colour didn't work for me and the texture wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Picked this up from Cherryculture after reading all the rave reviews. The packaging is plastic, tacky and with a lousy scratchy brush. However, the pigmentation is great and the powder isn't crumbly. Best used with a duo-fibre brush and the colour is very lasting, atlhough it does oxidise slightly.

The texture is, however, slightly rougher than the blushers I'm used to. Milani's Baked Blushers are so much silkier on the cheeks than Sunset Beach.

Colour-wise this would suit medium-darker skintones better. It's a warm blusher but not quite light peach enough to work for a fair-medium person if you're after that healthy flush look.

on 8/25/2010 11:01:00 AM

I really debated this color as it looked pretty dark in the pan but decided to trust the MUA and go for it. I'm so glad I took the leap. It's just beautiful. The pigmentation is very good. I apply with the MAC 188 as I do most blush. The color looks more like a bronzer to me but once applied it was just a gorgeous warm glow on my NC 20-25 skin. I think the description "Ginger peach" is a good one. No shimmer that I can make out. I wish Milani would expand the color range because this is a great product that rivals NARS IMO.

on 10/23/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BLUSH!! I have so many blushes but, this is my number one blush. When I bought it I wasn't expecting to be wowed as much as I was. I am AA with caramel complexioned skin and this blush does wonders for me. It brings out my complexion and my eyes. I loved this blush so much that after wearing it the first day, I went and bought another one for fear that it would be discontinued. This is my HG blush all the way.

on 1/28/2008 6:21:00 PM

Sunset Beach doesn't look all that spectacular in the pan; it's a matte terra cotta color. At first I thought it'd turn orange on me, but Sunset Beach gives me the most delightful bronzey glow, especially during the cold winter months. The blush is very pigmented, so I only use a little bit and I can see a pan lasting a VERY long time.

on 2/6/2007 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE. THIS. I have never used a terracotta colored blush before - I have always gravitated to pinks and peaches, just because they're so cute and fun. But when I stopped by my local CVS to pick up a Luminous, I thought hey, what the hell, and picked up Sunset Beach as well. 50% off, how could I go wrong? Well, I'm VERY glad that I bought this - it's the first blush that I've ever owned that I could describe as "glamorous" - not "cute" or "sweet." A very light dusting on my cheeks and I look like I've just come back from a week in the Caribbean or something. I'm naturally a medium tan all year round (except for summer, when I obviously get darker - it's California) and it shows up well on my NC35 skin. It definitely gives me the healthy, bronzed, sunkissed look that all the actresses have. And the best part - there's NO SHIMMER! WOO! At 24, I have grown out of my fondness for shimmery blushes, so this is absolutely perfect for me. Stays on all day, great texture, totally natural looking. I can't compare this with any other similarly colored blushes, because as I said, I've never bought or tried a blush even close to this color family before. But I really can't imagine finding anything better. And the PRICE! I mean, come on. It's like they're giving it away! I'm going to run out and stock up before they're all gone!

on 3/19/2006 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the very few powder blushes that I use, as personally I just much prefer gel blushes & stains. I like this terracotta shade for when I want a warm blush shade that is bit deeper than a peach, but not quite a bronzer either. Quite a unique shade IMO. Until or unless I find a gel blush or stain in a shade like this I would repurchase.

Popular Blush Products