MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

4.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a pretty blush. Shows up on me as a deep peach blush. I love that it's matte and has a smooth texture.

on 4/6/2004 7:06:00 PM

Milani blushes are SO underrated, and given the fact that they are a)cheap,cheap,cheap! b)finely milled c)well pigmented and d) available in a wide variety of colors, I think it's a shame.
Sunset Beach is a scary terracotta in the pan, but I ignored the color and thought of the reviews posted here, and purchased it for $3. It gives a lovely slight reddish tint to my cheeks, a very summery color.

on 7/14/2004 8:04:00 PM

What a great blush! I'd been dragging my feet on trying Milani products until a sweet swapper sent me this as an extra. Now I'm totally sold!

This beautiful terra cotta shade looks deep in the pan, but against my NC 43 skin, it's perrrrfect! I love that it's matte, smooth and heavily pigmented; the coverage can easily go from sheer to deep. And its staying power is great.

I'm so psyched about trying more Milani products, and for the price, why not?!

on 1/29/2005 3:35:00 AM

Bronzers never looked good on me, but this blush gives me such a pretty sun-kissed tint. I love this item! Definitely a must-have.

on 4/30/2005 8:06:00 PM

I only gave Milani a second look after reading MUA reviews, and am so glad I did! This brown-peach color looked dark in the case, but was lighter on application. Gave my warm-toned PPP skin a healthy, sun-kissed glow! Love how it feels smooth and silky. The size is kind of small though, and powder tended to catch too much on my brush.

on 11/19/2005 1:11:00 AM

This is a great blush for me (LLL-MMM/AAB but more light nowadays)--it's a warm, baked terracotta color in the pan, but a light dusting of this on cheeks (well-blended, natch) gives me the healthiest, brightest peachy glow (too much and it starts to look orangey). This is super pigmented, though, so use a very light hand unless you're fairly deep-complected. I absolutely love that this is matte. It's a nice change of pace in a world gone all sparkly. Great texture--velvety soft and finely-milled. Lasts and lasts. Pan can be easily depotted via the blowdryer method and this is super-cheap to boot (around 3 USD). continued >>

on 12/23/2005 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A matte orangey-brown color. Very very pigmented. Sadly, I can't use it since I'm really really fair. I can't wear warm blushers, the furthest I can go is with shades of pale apricot. This is very very warm and just not suitable for me.

on 3/25/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great blush--just the wrong color for me. It's a matte terracotta brown/orange...but the orange tones require patience and a lot of blending to work with my NC30 skintone. I'll have to pass. So far, this is the only Milani blush that don't absolutely love--that's not a bad record.

on 2/6/2007 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE. THIS. I have never used a terracotta colored blush before - I have always gravitated to pinks and peaches, just because they're so cute and fun. But when I stopped by my local CVS to pick up a Luminous, I thought hey, what the hell, and picked up Sunset Beach as well. 50% off, how could I go wrong? Well, I'm VERY glad that I bought this - it's the first blush that I've ever owned that I could describe as "glamorous" - not "cute" or "sweet." A very light dusting on my cheeks and I look like I've just come back from a week in the Caribbean or something. I'm naturally a medium tan all year round (except for summer, when I obviously get darker - it's California) and it shows up well on my NC35 skin. It definitely gives me the healthy, bronzed, sunkissed look that all the actresses have. And the best part - there's NO SHIMMER! WOO! At 24, I have grown out of my fondness for shimmery blushes, so this is absolutely perfect for me. Stays on all day, great texture, totally natural looking. I can't compare this with any other similarly colored blushes, because as I said, I've never bought or tried a blush even close to this color family before. But I really can't imagine finding anything better. And the PRICE! I mean, come on. It's like they're giving it away! I'm going to run out and stock up before they're all gone!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

My HG blush! Has a pink/orange shade to it and looks awesome on my dark skin. Has good staying power as well. Cant ask for any more.

Popular Blush Products