The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated-normal acne-prone skin, and I was hoping that this tea tree mask would help decrease the amount of acne I got. I didn't notice any difference in my acne after using it once a week over the course of a month, and I found it was uncomfortable to have on because it stung slightly. I'm familiar with how tea tree oil can tingle in products (I've used a spot treatment and shampoo with it before) and that can be somewhat pleasant, but the stinging of this face mask was uncomfortable.

With a decent mask, at the very least I can notice a difference when I rinse it off and maybe the day after but I saw no effect at all with this. It did leave my skin feeling tight though, so I needed extra moisturizer. Overall, this did nothing for me and I don't plan on purchasing or recommending it to anyone in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I normally don't suffer from a major blemished skin situation - but my skin has been looking terrible lately. I could see myself waking up every day with a new spot and it was freaking me out.

I have heard good things about the tea tree effect at calming the irritation and soothing the skin, so decided to give this mask a go as it was very affordable (around 1 USD smth for a sample sized pack).

It felt very fresh and tingly once on the skin, I gave it 10 min before rinsing off. Even though my face looked red right after, spots seemed to calm down in a bit. I did not see immediate results, however the next day my skin looked better. I could tell that no more blemishes appeared and there was a minor effect after all.

I did use this mask together with the actual tea tree oil from the same range and if you suffer from blemishes - I recommend JUST getting the oil itself and adding it to your skincare routine rather than spending money on this mask which helps only a little.

If you want a better review on this and other masks from the Body Shop range, I leave a good blog post below. Hope it helps!

I got this as a gift but from the other reviews i think the price is to high. I dont get any results if i leave it on for 15 mins (like it says too) i leave in on for an hour and at night i rub a small amount wear i have clogged pores and black heads on over pimples!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have constant breakouts and wanted to find something to clean my pores and reduce breakout. Unfortunately this product doesn't go skin deep. It feels cool and refreshing on my face, but I have yet to see any changes. It's quite expensive too.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

HOW THE HECK CAN THIS GET SUCH BAD REVIEWS?!?!
my bad, i didn't research about this product before i bought it. I bought in on the spot, thinking that i'd try it out. AND GUESS WHAT. OMG it reduces my acnes and pimples!
When im on my period, i would have terrible breakouts and my face would be red and when i put it on for the first time, it completely reduced the redness and minimized the size of my acne!!
it's soothing and i just feel so clean after putting it on.
GUYS BUY THIS... ITS A MUST. EVERYONE HAS BREAKOUTS ONCE IN A WHILE.

I loved this mask! I really love the smell of tea tree oil, and the consistency was really nice and thick. It was easy to apply, and my skin felt super soft after I washed it off. Plus, it's helped clear up some of my break-outs. It's no cure-all, but it works really well.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I said this was dirt cheap because I got it during a sales event for a third of the price. I have used it three times, and have not been disappointed. Although it smells a bit like Silly Putty, it left my skin soft. The green color and thick consistency were a plus because it just seems so spa-like. I don't think it does all that it claims to do, but it is a nice product to use once a week or so just for fun.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like using this in the summer when my skin is oily, acne-prone and occasionally sunburned. It doesn't get dry and chalky and is soothing and cooling to the skin. It has a very medicinal smell and a goopy texture, but if you can get past that, it is very gentle to the skin and makes my skin feel calm and happy. I only use this on a very occasional basis, but keep it in the linen closet for those angry summer skin days.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i wuite like the product, it left my face quite soft. i dnt hav an adne prone skin, but i stil like using tea tree products. il recomend it to anynoe :D

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This mask was OK. It is very creamy and I felt that it had better moisturizing qualities than oil-absorbing or blemish-fighting power. It rinsed off OK and I didn't see any negative or positive side effects, only that it moisturized my skin, but it wasn't a particularly lovely experience using it. I used it several times and got bored with it. I'm bored with masks in general. My tip: invest in better "everyday" skincare stuff, and skip the mask.