MAC Captive

MAC Captive
Captive

4.1

on 3/21/2017 7:10:00 PM

I have 4 of these...I came to the conclusion that Captive is my color. I have tried just about every lipstick from Mac and settled on this as my signature. I have one im currently using and bought 3 extras. The thing I like most about this lipstick is that it can be used like a matte if applied one stroke if I add layers it becomes more creamy and it also applies well good color pay off and it gives the appearance of fuller lips. It lasts long and it can be worn all year round. I am mac nc 40 if that helps but I think this shade looks good on everyone. I don't lip line it but I think for a more dramatic look for a date it can be lip lined otherwise its a good lipstick for every day and for work. It's not loud like some crazy colors but it draws compliments.

on 1/8/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this lipstick! It goes with so many looks and this will suit for every occasion. This lipstick is great for everyday wear and can be worn for a night time look. Love the formula and the colour pay off is great and it doesn't dry out my lips. A must have MAC lippy for me.

on 12/27/2016 11:56:00 PM

Oh lord. Magic in a tube for me! This looks so great on me; I've worn it lightly through the day and have also pulled off this shade at night by applying a little more. I'm (recently discovered) neutral-cool, black hair, brown eyes and between NW20-25.

on 9/24/2016 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love looove it! I'm usually not comfortable with lipsticks but this one is perfect for day and night and it's buildable if you want to go for a bolder look.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

If you tend to pull purple on your lipsticks dont buy this. It looked straight purple in my nc10-15 skin and im not a fan of the formula either. Its a little drying on my lips

Love this lipstick, something I can always reach for day and night. I first thought this lipstick would be very similar to Twig, but it really isnt. It is dark and is more on the dark pink / hint of brown / bit of red (Im bad at explaining the colour sorry!) colour. Great for all year round

on 2/6/2016 7:35:00 PM

Good everyday color was recommended to me by the mac girl..It can be worn day or night and it is good paired with mac magenta liner it lasts long and could look matte as well even though its a satin. I also like craving which is similar but I prefer the texture of captive its a lil thicker.

on 1/8/2016 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first MAC lipstick I purchased and I have to say that I love it. I have noticed that it looks so different on different people-more so than any other lipstick I've ever used, which may account for all the different opinions.

It is quite dark while still being more on the neutral side and I believe it's perfect for fall and winter. I feel more comfortable wearing it at night, but you can definitely incorporate it into your everyday look.

It is definitely not drying on my lips, but I find it less long-lasting than a mat Mac lipstick. That doesn't mean it doesn't last long however.

on 11/8/2015 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NW20 here, deep soft winter, almost black hair, brown eyes.

There seems to be a cluster of very popular neutral shades from MAC. I kept hearing about Plumful, Craving, and Captive. I wish I would have started out with Captive. It is what I wanted Plumful and Craving to be. Deeper, more cool toned, lusher lip. Plumful and Craving always just looked "eh" on me...they didn't look bad,but didn't do anything special. I think my dark winter features just needed a deeper color to get the "wow" factor going. And this is wear Captive delivered! I would have thought by MAC's description of Craving as a "bust of plum" that it would have suited me better, but it is quite red toned and not as deep as Captive which MAC describes as pink plum. On me, Captive is almost a soft berry shade, but very deep and lush still. Craving was brighter and more red toned. I can see Craving being a better option for warmer tones or more fair featured people over Captive, but Captive is perfection for me.

FYI - Another shade that gets tossed into this cluster sometimes is Capricious. This is a perfect shade for me too. Probably the most neutral, every day, work appropriate shade of this group for me. Though I would never want to have to choose between Capricious and Captive.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm very very pale and I have short Auburn hair, so I wanted something that would look nice with my hair and complexion for the Autumn. I never normally wear dark lipsticks, I like to stick to my personal favourite, "Please Me", a matte lipstick from MAC. I've used a lip liner before applying this which makes it look a lot neater, however, this lip stick is extremely drying on my lips. I find it really hard to apply, it's not a smooth application.

I normally use some of my posie balm and then wait for that to dry a bit, then I dab the lipstick on my lips from the bullet, giving it a more natural(?) look, rather than an overpowering full lip. I find the best way to get this lipstick on for a full fall lip is to use a small lip brush.

I wouldn't repurchase this particular lipstick purely because of the application, but it does look lovely when it's on. It warms up my pale complexion and is a good colour for the fall.