Kerastase dermo-Calm (Shampoo for sensitive skalps and dry hair)

Kerastase dermo-Calm (Shampoo for sensitive skalps and dry hair)
Kerastase Bain Dermocalm Vital

3.2

AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, PEG-200 HYDROGENATED GLYCERYL PALMATE, LAURETH-5 CARBOXYLIC ACID, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, GLYCERIN, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, POLYSORBATE 20, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, PIROCTONE OLAMINE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARBOMER, SALICYLIC ACID, ETHYLPARABEN, MENTHOXYPROPANEDIOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SEED OIL), CALOPHYLLUM INOPHYLLUM (SEED OIL), CI 42090 (BLUE 1), CITRIC ACID, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)

on 4/8/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I buy this from hair salon accidentally when i'm in my late 20's and try to find a good shampoo and think this good after the hairdresser introduce to me.
This shampoo didn't work on my hair. I have already know it after 1st day using it.
I also didn't suit using their aminexil (serum for hair loss). After that i'm giving up using kerastase.
I think their shampoo is not suitable for sensitive/dry/and hairfall individual.
Their shampoo breaks me up; my scalp become itchy and redness comes with many hair blemish on my hair.
I already giving up on Kerastase product.
Even they are hi-priced product, i don't think their product is good.
Never waste your money to this shampoo if you can find the better one in the drugstore

on 10/30/2014 8:41:00 AM

Nope, this shampoo made my scalp greasy, flaky and irritated. There seems to be something in all Kerastase shampoos that does that. Having tried a few, I've basically given up on them. So if you have scalp issues proceed with caution.

on 7/15/2014 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I have used Dermo Calm for about a month and I don't like how my hair weighs after use. I have fine hair, oily scalp - this shampoo calms the itchiness I have sometimes, but my scalp has become greasier and the hair feels more flat.

I had to give it away to my friend who claims that this one works good on her thick hair, so I won't recommend it to them who has the same problem as mine.
I need bigger hair and hopefully put an end to my greasy scalp, still on a hunt :)
But I think most of Kerastase shampoos are thick and just weighs the hair down, I have tried 4 types already.

on 8/17/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair is fine, shoulderlength, sensitive, with dry ends and SD sometimes.
What I want from a shampoo is that it cleanses good enough, doesn't make my hair to dry, doesn't make my scalp sensitive and hasn't too many harmful ingredients.
The first 3 weeks this shampoo was perfect, my hair was clean and voluminous, my scalp very calm and the ends were soft.
But after the 3 weeks, my hair became more heavy and limp and had less shine.
So I think somehow the ingredients cause build-up (there are no silicones, so I don't know why). What I will do now is rotate it with an other shampoo, to remove the build-up.

If you have scalp problems, this is an okay shampoo, it removes dandruff and calms the skin (it has piroctone olamine in it).

Edit October '14: I bought a new bottle of this shampoo and I like it less every time I use it. My hair doesn't shine anymore, every time I use this I lose a lot of hair and my hair feels lifeless and limp and the build-up becomes worse. Will not buy again, it is much too pricy for the results..

I really wanted to like this shampoo. I had been suffering from an unusually bad bout of dry and flaky scalp and was recommended this by my hairdresser to help calm it. Having used a different Kerastase shampoo before and quite liked it, I happily went away and bought this to try.

It looks and smells nice, and lathers quite well. However, after using it for two or three weeks, I found that it just exacerbated the problem. I don't think I've ever suffered so badly from a flaky scalp as I do now. A few days ago I switched to a cheap anti-dandruff shampoo out of desperation and after one wash, my scalp is noticeably improved - so unfortunately I will not be using the Kerastase any more.

It seems to work well for other people, so why my scalp reacted so badly I don't know. So unfortunately, from my experience I honestly cannot recommend this shampoo to anyone.

on 6/7/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I suffer only from sensitive, dry scalp and lately I used a calming shampoo which was also anti-dandruff, which I did not need. So I tried this shampoo, because it is supposed to work only on the sensitive, itchy problem. I also have dry hair, so anything too harsh wreaks havoc on my scalp and hair.

This shampoo is gentle enough to fight the itchiness and does not dry my scalp too much. I use a vey little amount and rinse thoroughly. The only minus point would be the price, like for most Kerastase products, but since I use a minimum amount, a little goes a long way and the quality of their hair products is undeniable.

on 1/19/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me start with my recent hair condition in order to review this right. In September I experienced the worst flakes and itchiness than ever before. The reason for my scalp issues could've been some chemical in L'Oreal Professional hair range that I was using at the time, maybe frequent usage of Revlon hairspray, but I suspect that the reason was my body's reaction to work-related stress and weather changes. Nothing was helping, not even olive oil treatments, and even the most sensitive shampoos did more bad than good after washing my hair. As I didn't have the time to go see a derm (too much work at the time), I purchased Kerastase Biotic shampoo. It really changed my perspective on shampoos, as I usually refuse to spend too much on hair & skincare (make-up not included lol). Also, Kerastase SA recommended Biotic for dry hair, which was a shock for me, as I am a girl with loads of fine, wavy hair, and I always used shampoos for volume or color. I always wanted more volume. But as my scalp problems were unbearable I took her advice and got Biotic for dry hair. First couple of washes, the situation didn't dramatically improve, but I was persistant, as my scalp felt comfortable and hair got shiny. By the time I finished the bottle, the flakes were gone and my hair felt hydrated and comfortable. The frizz and tangles were also gone, but not on the expense of volume and waviness of my hair.
So I went back for more to Kerastase, and they explained that one should only use Biotic every now and then, and then recommended Dermo-Calm shampoo for dry hair (amazing how I went from believeing my hair was normal/slightly greasy to dry). SA explained to me that depending on your hair or scalp needs, it is always better to use a right treatment for your scalp (esp. if you experience problems with it), and then treat your hair with serums, creams or sprays for the hair itself (meaning, use a scalp shampoo, and then spray a conditioner for colored hair). In any case, this stuff is amazing for my sensitive scalp. I'm on my third bottle right now and I'm loving it. It gently cleanses, not making my hair greasy at all. When I touch my scalp it feels soft and comfortable. I can comb my hair easily (I do use Vita-Cement Anti Usure once a week too) and my waves are still here. I want to try Bain Satin 1 (I had a sample of BS2 and it was too strong), but am afraid that I won't be satisfied as with this one. I would recommend this to everyone with sensitive scalp, and strongly advise an expert opinion, as many people seem to use wrong products for their hair condition. If you had problems like me, this might be the answer. Thanks for reading.

on 12/6/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried hundreds of shampoos from different brands,including natural/organic, sls-free, but only this one calmed my constantly itching scalp to the point of bliss, no kidding. I am using it regularly and my scalp is so happy, hair stopped falling out and started to grow like never before.

on 2/4/2010 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i purchased this after my hair dresser recommendation , it's an okey shampoo for me I still feel my scalp itchy if I don't wash my hair every other day it left my hair very heavy and uncomfortable because it weighed me down. it's bit costly.

I can't criticise this shampoo except for the price. However, you do get what you pay for and it has been a balm to my sensitive scalp since I started using it a year ago on the recommendation of my (excellent) hairdresser. No more itchiness, irritation or dryness for me!