Biotherm Hydra-detox Yeux

No Image

2.6

on 9/2/2012 2:54:00 AM

As a Biotherm fan, I am eager to try all of their products and this one I decided to try. Having the SA tell me it works really well for puffiness and dark circles, I was happy to purchase it.

Finished the bottle now through the pump and having to twist off the cap to get the remaining product, I have to say I did enjoy this eye gel more than most. The gel-like consistency cools my eye and I must say, it does reduce some puffiness that I have during the morning. Although it did not help my dark circles, it was an eye product that I enjoyed using. The effects were not all that great, but my eye area is not very problematic so all I needed was hydration. This did the job well for me so I guess I have low standards for an eye cream or this just did not work for everybody else that reviewed it.

I'm still on the lookout to try other eye products out there but this one was one that I can say was worth trying and that I might possibly repurchase when I run out of options.

on 8/4/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eye cream is nothing special. You'll like it if you're looking for something very light, gel-like and slightly cooling for the summer. It's not particularly moisturizing, and I don't think it did anything to improve under eye darkness. It's forgettable, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/9/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing eye cream (however; it is more gel like in texture). I have had dark circles my whole life and this has really helped to diminish the look of them. I use it in the morning and a thicker cream at night. Hyrdra-Detox makes me look instantly awake on those mornings when I am rushed. It provides a beautiful, smooth finish for make up as well. I have bought this time and time again and will continue to do so. One of my must have cosmetic items for every day.

on 2/18/2010 4:20:00 PM

Being an intelligent, mature woman, you would think I wouldn't get taken in by advice from a SA, who is just interested in pushing a particular product line rather than a "good product" . Much to my chagrin, I caved in, yet again and bought this product after the SA told me this was the best thing for eye puffiness and it sells quite well. Since she appeared to be near my age, I hoped she knew what she was talking about - wrong! I used this product faithfully d & n, and never noticed a difference. While, I would say it worked as a light moisturizer, it was useless for it's intended purpose. Save your money! Stay away!

on 7/3/2009 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very expensive, and it is the same as any other moisturizer. I saw no difference at all.

on 5/30/2009 12:27:00 PM

I've been using this eye cream for 3months up to now. The lady at Biotherm counter said it worked really well with dark circle! But i just see no difference after continuously applying it twice a day for 3 months! The texture is somewhat too light that i feel that it doesnt hydrate at all!
Waste of money!

on 4/27/2009 3:20:00 PM

I bought this product and used it religiously. I noticed no difference in my dark and puffy undereyes. It was pretty expensive, too.. I don't like to waste money so I use it in combination with loose tea leaves (the sticky serum holds the tea in place) and that way I can walk around and do things. Other than that, this product does not work.

The best thing about this is how it feels when it goes on. It instantly feels so refreshing, and I love that it doesn't leave my eye area greasy after I put it on. I didn't notice any difference with dark circles, but it helped with puffiness. I love the bottle, I really hate the price, it's good, but it's not worth 40 bucks.

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM135 (approx US$39.70), US$44 on Strawberrynet.com
Website: Biotherm.com.sg
Weight: 15ml
Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Lactobacillus Ferment, Terminalia Sericea / Terminalia Sericea Extract, Triticu, Vulgare / Wheat Germ Extract, Perfluoroperhydrophenanthrene, Ginkgo Biloba / Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Caffeine, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Guanosine, Panthenol, Vitroscilla Germent, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Prunus Armeniaca / Apricot Kernel Oil, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C13-C14 Isoparaffin, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

Product Description:

HYDRA-DETOX BIO-DEFENSIS Yeux is a fresh fluid gel with an innovative formula that offers a number of benefits.
A protective formula that helps the fine, fragile skin around the eyes protect itself from external aggression.
The detox complex is combined with active botanical ingredients selected for their power to fight dark circles and undereye bags (caffeine and ginkgo biloba).
A moisturizing complex (glycerin, panthenol, apricot kernel oil) to erase lines caused by dry skin.
Hyaluronic acid functions like a sponge that traps moisture on the surface of the skin to smooth wrinkles caused by dryness.
Pure Extract of Thermal Plankton to soothe the skin and stimulate its vital mechanisms.
Silicon to help maintain firmness.

Actual Product Pic:

Texture & Scent:
This eye gel spreads easily around your eyes! The scent is very very light (almost undetectable when you apply this product!).

Packaging:
This eye gel comes in a pump bottle, which is great cuz it's hygenic and you can control the amount you dispense. The pump gets rather useless though when you're almost running out of product, but i'm glad that you can open the pump cap and scoop up some product with the pump tube!

Time Test:
It takes less than a minute for this eyegel to be absorbed completely before i put on my makeup, which is great! :)

Price & Availability:
This product is priced at RM135 (approx uS$39.70), which i think is ok. It's available at all Biotherm counters and on Strawberrynet.com for US$44.

Usage:
I use this eye gel twice a day around the eye area.

My $0.02:
I went to the Biotherm counter intending to get the Aquasource Yeux eye gel at first. The counter lady recommended this for my dark eye circles and puffy eye bags. Seeing that it's just RM15 extra from the Aquasource one, i got this instead! What a BIG MISTAKE!! i used this eyegel twice a day religiously for 5 months, and saw almost ZERO improvement - didn't diminish my eye bags / dark eye circles, it certainly didn't moisturize the eye area either -______- Pffffft!! To be fair, it did depuff my eyes a little (A LITTLE is the key word here)... but that effect lasted only a few hours before those Samsonites beneath my eyes started showing up again. What a total waste of money!!

In a Nutshell:

Does NOTHING. Period. Onto to skincare hall of shame wall this goes!

Likes: Easily absorbed gel, good packaging
Gripes: Doesn't do anything!!
Repurchase: Never!!

Rating:
1 Star ! Absolutely Lousy product!!

Credits: Product photo from Biotherm.com.sg. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this eye cream however i am a product junkie so I had to try something different so i bought the benefit eyecon and it gave me a pimple on my eyelid lol. anyways so i went back to the store and i bought the new biotherm multi recharge eye cream (also for puffiness and dark circles) i've just tried it now for the first time tonight and so far so good. I like that hydra detox and multi recharge are more gel like and not so rich.