Bath and Body Works Wallflowers Wall Plug Home Fragrance

Bath and Body Works Wallflowers Wall Plug Home Fragrance

3.6

on 2/22/2017 8:57:00 AM

These things are not very good. All of the scents smell fake and I only ever smelled any of them when I walked by the outlet they were plugged into. I bought 'Tis the Season, Peach Bellini, Orange Ginger, Champagne Toast, and another winter scent whose name I can't remember - maybe Smoked Vanilla. Peach Bellini smells like a cleaner - a very nice smelling cleaner - but it's a room fragrance and I don't want my apartment smelling like cleaner all the time. The others don't smell terrible but they come nowhere near filling up my 791 square foot apartment. I really hate fake smelling fragrances which is why I loath anything Febreeze, Glade, etc., and while these aren't as bad as that, I definitely get that chemically vibe from them. I was thinking about giving this thing one more chance and trying out the Fresh Bamboo because my favorite scent, Crisp Bamboo, from Pier 1 has been discontinued, but if the scent isn't going to travel past the 2 foot radius around the outlet, I won't bother.

on 9/17/2016 12:30:00 PM

I purchased my first wall flower about a month and a bit ago. I waited for the more fall-ish scents to be out because I figured they'd be the strongest, with notes such as cinnamon, clove, etc. The one I purchased was in Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. The lady at Bath & Body let me know it would last about a month. The scent was definitely there, especially when you first walked in the room, but it wasn't overpowering. Looking back, as much as the food scents are great when you sniff them, I'm not really a fan of my house smelling that way (totally thought I would be!). It lasted about 5 weeks or so, so that's what I expected.

My mom has used these for quite a few years and they've always seemed to be great. Strong scents, strong "throw", etc. I picked up another yesterday for my bathroom in Harvest Gathering or Harvest, can't remember the exact name. At my local Bath & Body Works they have the smaller candles sitting in front of each Wallflower scent so that you can sniff before you buy. It smelled great, the exact scent I wanted. Now that it's plugged in, I find it's really similar to Winter Candy Apple and not at all what the candle really smelled like. It also does not fill the room like I thought it would. My bathroom is fairly small and we usually keep the door shut. I think I will try a few more scents before completely saying that I do not like them, because I do, I just wish they were a bit stronger.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's a good thing that individual fragrance bulbs are inexpensive and frequently on sale (~US$6 apiece), because they're somewhat hit and miss. Some smell completely different from the other products in their scent line; some just don't work well as ambient fragrance due to the lack of a skin "note" to mesh with; some are overpoweringly sweet or astringent; some have a heavy undertone of what smells like pencil lead that makes them completely unbearable. A few are merely too strong for my small bed/bath suite, but would probably be fine in a larger room. At this point, I've pretty much stopped trying new ones, and have a system for Texas' ambiguous seasons:

Sandalwood Vanilla (winter, after New Year's); Japanese Cherry Blossom (winter/spring transition); Lemon Mint Leaf (spring/summer transition); Turquoise Waters (summer); Vanilla Coconut (late summer); Farmstand Apple (early fall/get hype for fall); Cinnamon & Clove Buds (perfect any time of year, but especially the fall/winter transition); and Frosted Cranberry (the whole winter holiday season, between Thanksgiving and New Year's).

on 2/20/2016 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I noticed that these r older reviews. I have been using these for years and just loved them. In the last couple of years they get worse and worse. Old plugs last forever and threw a strong fragrance though out the whole house. Evidently they hav made some bad decisions in changing refills from the original ones. Thats big business! Make it as cheep and charge big bucks. Plugs ins don"t last long and loose their power it seems. They say bring back we will replace, Point is I don't want to run in store every month to return one. I would have to return about 12. they work great for a day or two then you might smell something if you walk by.Sad to see this happened.

on 1/9/2015 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've tried a few different wall plug in products and home fragrance products in general and this is the best I've found of the plug ins. That being said it is very hit or miss with the scents. Some are very strong and perfect for a large room and others are far too weak and I couldn't even smell them. I did have an incident where one of the bulbs leaked everywhere and of course the liquid inside was blue and stained the counter. The associates say this is from screwing in the bulb wrong but I've been using these for years, it wasn't user error it was a crappy bulb and/or plug in. Anyway, if you want a plug in product this is a good choice. Some of my fav scents are; Fresh Bamboo, Flower Shop, Pineapple Mango, Eucalyptus Mint, Blueberry Pumpkin, Lemon Mint and Tiki Beach.
Edit: Recently picked up the bulb Renew and Refresh. Great scent, fairly strong but very clean smelling.

on 12/30/2014 7:39:00 PM

I do have and like these, but only certain scents. Most of them are way too strong, but I do like French lavender and the one just called "lemon", which at the moment you can only get online. Both are on the weak side, but I do like the plain lavender scent, which smells like real lavender and not their typical lavender vanilla, which I do not like at all. Lemon is just plain lemon, slightly on the "foody" side. The length of time they last depends on your outlets, not the wallflowers themselves. The outlet in my bedroom seems to eat wallflowers and they only last about a month. I also have one downstairs, and in that outlet, they last 5-6 weeks. Like other reviewers suggest, definitely change the bulb when there is still a drop of oil left, this will help prevent the plug from burning out. Overall I do like these as long as I like the scent.

on 11/12/2014 10:08:00 AM

Well, first off, I am a glutton for punishment. Even though these arent the cheapest and they do not last as long as they tell you - they really do smell up a large room. They are much more powerful than most candles so I really do enjoy that the scent carries in a large space and the night light attachments are also cute. I have 3 of these things in my house - I do not like the price and the fact that when you leave them in 24-7, they only last maybe 3 weeks-ish, not 2 months like some of the sales associates have told me.

on 11/6/2014 9:56:00 AM

I know I gave this product a terrible rating, but I would still buy it again. The price was kind of ridiculous considering it doesn't last that long. I was lucky enough to buy them on "sale." The sale was four of the oil-scent things for $20, when the original price for buying four of them is like $24. I've only had these things for a couple of days. My friend and I were at the mall and she recommended them to me. I really like the scent, and it can be a little strong at first, but they don't last that long. When I brought them home, I plugged them in immediately for about eight hours. I unplugged them as I was getting ready for school and noticed the amount of oil drastically decreased.i was really upset by this because I heard it could last for months even up to a year. Lately, I've been rationing the time I'm using it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lemminged it for my teeny tiny bathroom coz that is the only room in this entire house I am permitted-allowed to smoke cigarettes inside. My parents prefer I smoke outside so I find it hard to refrain so I was hoping these will help the smokey smell in there that pervades! It was 3 for $12 plus $4.50 for the unit, I hope these will do the trick! I smelled it initially but I haven't smelled it around the rest of our house which is less than 2500 square feet large, which is a bit disappointing ATM, but I've only had it plugged in about 4 hours. I got 3 of the new summer scents. I've never tried the Glade or any other brands. Mine apparently snaps in? It twists open the wrong way. I have a dire shortage of outlets in my suite & was forced to sacrifice the usual night light for this. I wish I had known about the double units and or the night light units. They should make a double unit WITH a night light!! If these don't end up throwing much scent I may experiment w other scents of theirs. I am trying to decide if I should go into hoard mode! I love these little things. I am into creature comforts. Cannot wait for the holiday/Fall scents. I may buy another 1 w the night lite for the bathroom & relocate the original if I can spare an outlet. Right now ev thing is sort of daisy chained together so it's not ideally the best, I kno it's a major fire hazard... I also bought a B&BW candle so I need to decide which has a stronger scent (more bang "scent" for your buck!)??

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I work at BBW. It's hard not to love the idea of fragrancing your home 24/7 with any of the fantastic scent bulbs we offer. I personally love having mine in my bathroom (my cute little blue turtle wall plug-in). However... I feel like I must bring up the fact that I'm pretty sure having this in my medium-sized bathroom causes me to break out. Like, as in facial acne. It's weird I know, but I have experimented with it: the weeks that I don't have one in my bathroom, my acne does not flare up as badly, if at all; and the times when I do have the wallflower in my bathroom, I break out. I believe it is because the oil is being released into the air, and it settles/aggregates on my towels that I use to dry my clean face after washing, thereby rubbing oil all over my face. It sounds crazy, and hell maybe it's just an extremely weird coincidence. So... With that being said, using it in my living room, den, hallways, and guest bedroom have been great. It makes my house smell wonderful. Depending on the fragrance you get, the silage may be far-reaching, or just close to the outlet. Ask a BBW sales associate which ones are good for big rooms and small rooms. Overall, wallflowers are worth the money, and it your plug-in stops working before 1 year (only meant to last 1-1.5 years), you can bring it in for a refund or exchange :) Also, DO NOT LET THE REFILL BURN OUT OF OIL COMPLETELY! Unplug the wallflower and replace the bulb when there is still a little oil visible at the bottle of the bulb. This will prevent the wallflower from over heating and shorting out prematurely.