Pro Activ Deep Cleansing Wash

3.8

Active Ingredient: salicylic acid 2%. Inactive Ingredients: water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, distearyl phthalic acid amide, polyethylene, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, jojoba esters, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, ammonium laureth sulfate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, menthol, butylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, fragrance (parfum), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289.

This company I tell ya. I should never of purchased this kit in the first place. It is for teens not adults. I was desprate and needed something. I have cystic acne in my 30's it made things worse after 3 months of using religiously. The company itself left a very bad taste in my mouth. I cancelled the membership and they kept sending product every month. When I called in because of a bill I received they handled it very unprofessionally. I think if you are in your teens it may work for your skin. I have friends that have had success. Be very careful when you order. I would suggest using a pre paid card or else despite what you do they will keep taking money from your act. I'm a real person and was not paid to write this review.

on 11/11/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

For 2+ years I've used this cleanser on & off and I love it! It's exfoliating, smells minty, & feels tingly. I have combo/acne prone/Mediterranean skin, and this is a GREAT cleanser for those times when I break out. I exfoliate for 1-2 minutes with it, and it really leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, and seems to help tone down my break outs. I don't use it regularly - got it as a gift with ProActiv. The exfoliating particles get a little clogged up in the dispenser, but no big deal. I'd give it 5 lippies if Pro Activ didn't test on animals! One of the few skincare products I wouldn't want to be without!

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried proactiv many times in the past 5 years of suffering acne and it never worked for me, it always made my skin worse but when I saw this brush I decided to buy it for $60 AUD which is a lot cheaper than the clarasonic brushes. It doesn't do anything to clear up my skin but I do use it everyday as it does a good job of getting off all of my makeup. After using it my face feels really soft and clean and fresh!! It makes makeup look a lot smoother as well after use. So it doesn't do much for clearing up skin but it is good for cleaning off makeup and smoothing your skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Waste of money. It didn't dry out my skin, but made it more red than it was before I used it....
Didn't do much for my acne either

on 8/3/2014 6:48:00 PM

I love proactiv. And i love love love this wash!... When i started with my proactiv treatment i almost quit because i though that my skin was getting worse and worse!. My husband is a doctor and he was my BFF in the process. Ones my skin was finally clean ( like a month after i started the 3 step treatment) i finally had the beautiful skin that i never had in my live before!. An acne free clean and soft complexion. Is all about patience and let the skin clean completely!. I use the step one and the wash at the same time and it feels amazing an let my face so soft and clean, then i use the toner and moisturize my skin with the green tea moisturizer. Before bed time i put on the treatment (step 3) and that's all what i need to maintain my skin free of breakouts!

This product left my skin irritated, dry with a tight feeling and all around my skin just felt uncomfortable.

on 1/30/2014 11:00:00 AM

so i've always thought stuff like proactiv was all fake and overrated never mind the fact it's expensive. However i've always been acne prone and i also suffer from anxiety and stress issues so when this is bad my skin gets really bad, then I stress more and it's viscous circle. My acne when I am bad is sort of like a rash of red lumps and bumps that spreads, I get it on my face, my neck, back and front and it makes me really self conscious and it's really itchy so i scratch at it and make it worse. For the past 4 of months I have being suffering with this and everything I have tried doesn't seem to help. So this was on sale, it's usually £19.99 which personally I think for body wash is so expensive, it's not even a big bottle really. Even at £14.99 which is what it was down to I still think it's rather pricey but I was desperate and decided to take a gamble. Well, it's safe to say I think I should stick to my gut, that it is overrated and pricey, it's done absolutely nothing for me, I used this on my body every day for a week and have had no improvement, in fact I think it's made it worse. maybe it's because my acne is stress related and not caused from general bacteria, so word up if you get acne for such reasons i do not recommend you use this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I prefer to use this on my body instead of my face. Really helped to clear up blackeheads and white heads. I use this after going to the gym and it really cleanses out my pores.

Though this product was way too harsh for my face, it worked extremely well on my back. Be fore using it my whole back was a bright red colour and after using it ( only once) it was as if the acne was barely there. When I put it on my face it stung so I decided to try it on my back. This product works! I recommend it.

on 9/24/2012 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

When I was younger and had hormonal acne around my chin and jawline, this cleanser was one of my daily staples. I've always had issues with dryness and dry patches, as well as congested pores, but was unable to use most acne treatment products. Because this product uses salicylic acid rather than benzoyl peroxide, I always found it to be less harsh and drying than many products. Now that I'm in my 30s and no longer get acne (unless a product breaks me out), I don't use this on my face. I do, however, continue to use this on my body once a week to keep the skin on my back, arms etc. looking more even and clear.

This product is blue and it has a strong medicinal, minty smell. If you're sensitive to fragrances and colors, you'll probably want to skip this. I like minty things, so I personally don't mind the smell, especially for a body treatment. A little of this goes a long way and you get a huge bottle (I think 8oz for around $20), so the price is very fair, in my opinion. A bottle lasts me about a year and I've been buying this for many years. I will keep repurchasing as long as I have a need for the product.