Bath and Body Works Cotton Blossom

Cotton Blossom

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Strong but clean scent
This is a fresh clean linen type of scent.
My 8-year-old daughter fell in love with Sea Island Cotton. Now we both love it.
I decided to order Cotton Blossom as a gift for her for Christmas.
She liked it and it still has that nice clean scent, like clean laundry.
However, we found this one was much stronger and heavier.
SIC to me smells more light and airy and a little watery and cool.
I would love my laundry to smell this good and strong but we are really preferring SIC to this one.
The body wash was nice, still very strong but left the skin nicely scented. I can pass on the body mist which I have been using as a linen spray on my blankets before bed and find comforting that way.
It can give me a headache sometimes if I wear it and when I do I can only spritz this once on my wrist or in the air and walk through or it will be too strong to me.
The cream and lotion I thought made it much too heavy although both the cream and lotion are good and moisturizing I personally would not layer this one.
Honestly, I will probably not repurchase any product in this line again and will stick to SIC because we simply love that one much more.
If you find SIC too light and want a stronger version I would definitely go with this.
Smells good but too strong for us.

on 8/4/2016 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Clean laundry fresh scent, foams up a lot. Slightly drying but great for after a workout or a grimy day. I found this a bit too strongly scented for my taste though. Would not repurchase because of that, bbw has so many options there's no reason to rebuy something I don't love the scent of.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ah, the classic clean laundry scent, but for your skin. Great all year round, but especially nice in summer. Like most regular and classic line BBW shower gels, Cotton Blossom makes mounds of foam with just a quarter-sized dollop, cleans well without being drying, and scents my skin for hours after my shower.

on 12/30/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Cotton Blossom quickly became one of my favourite shower gels when I discovered it at a BBW semi-annual. I'm not a fan of this as a lotion or body spray (but a room spray? Yes please!), but the shower gel is divine. It smells fresh and clean, yet at the same time, light and powdery soft, and it lingers nicely on the skin after using it. If only this scent were a regular in store--Sea Island Cotton by contrast smells of harsh laundry detergent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The name of this product truly does describe its scent - it's a sweet linen scent, not a fresh scent... as the "blossom" would entail. Many people complain of it being too strong, however I do not experience this problem - granted, I only own the bath gel and the scent of my body lotion covers it a bit, anyways.
It's a nice scent... powdery, soft and feminine... only purchased the large bottle for $3 so am very happy!

on 4/23/2011 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells pretty! and I plan to buy it again in the furture. I have had this lotion since January 2011 and it's almost gone! I really wore it alot durning March and April. I reach for it on most days since the weather has been warm with a cool breeze. I also really like to wear this on the weekend. I might save what little I have left for the summer since this is one of bath & body works summer scents.

Inspired by the scent of pure cotton linen blowing in the breeze, this fragrance is clean, fresh and powdery soft.

Fragrance Top Notes: Sun Dried Linen Accord, Grass, Mandarin Blossom
Fragrance Mid Notes: Jeans Accord, Peony, Cotton
Fragrance Base Notes: Musk, Baby Powder

UPDATE- August 12, 2011 - My lotion and spray are all gone! I can't wait to buy this again during the winter sale so I can wear this again in the spring of 2012!

on 3/22/2011 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this smell! I have the antibac hand lotion and I only use a tiny bit, as I find the smell can be a bit overwhelming and strong at times. But I still carry this in my purse, and get tons of compliments on how great it smells. My male coworker will occasionally steal it from my purse!

on 6/7/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This my fave one ..I stocked them up last purchase since I was told that it was gonna be discontinued. Yeah, the smell is way strong. but it lasts all day..speaking of one who works in the kitchen :) I will try the new version which called something blossom.

Smells so good! I LOVE IT.

on 10/20/2008 2:51:00 PM

I am on the fence about this scent. Sometimes it's too strong and other times it's just right. I would not purchase it again because there are many other scents out there, and I don't have to decide if I like them everytime I wear it.