NARS Casino

CasinoCasino

4.3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This one is probably my favorite bronzer. I can contour with it or just add warmth without those shimmer particles being apparent. My skintone is Clinique even better Cream Caramel or NC44-ish in MAC. This is my first Nars product and I'm very impressed. The compact is gorgeous and sleek, expensive looking, which it is at $40! Come with a mirror, too. The bronzer is a very smooth powder that doesn't kick back, looks the perfect shade of deep brown in the pan. Due to my love if this item I intend to purchase many more products from Nars.

on 4/5/2018 10:41:00 AM

This is a fantastic bronzer but it breaks me out with cystic acne. I have tried using it and stopping and every time I go back to it I break out. This is a tragedy as it's really good otherwise.

on 7/29/2017 12:20:00 AM

I just hit pan on this lovely bronzer. It makes me feel sad and accomplished at the same time, but it tells me that I really love this bronzer. I have a medium skintone with yellow undertones and find this to be the perfect bronzer for me. During the winter, I try to use my lighter bronzers, but I still actually use this one. It is a fine powder with some shimmer in it. I find that any contour, sculpting, bronzer, and blush brush has worked for this bronzer. There isn't a lot of powder kick-up, so it's not being wasted. It gives a very natural look on the skin and is not at all overpowering. I like to use it on my hairline and under the chin to give my face less of a round shape and more of a sculpted look. It warms up the face just enough and never comes off muddy. It does have a high price tag. It's about $40 and took me about a year to hit pan. I use it daily, so I think there is a good amount of product in here. Nars packaging looks good...at first, but when you leave the compact in your makeup bag, it gets all dirty, which I really do not like. The bronzer itself isn't fragile though. I have carried this bronzer with me on numerous trips, and it has not cracked a bit. It comes with a mirror of course, so no worries there. I would absolutely buy this again and again. It makes my medium skintone look sunkissed without the sun.

This is my 3rd time re purchasing this bronzer. I've tried so many and of all the bronzers I've tried this one makes my skin look the nicest. The colour is a perfect tan look, laguna is way to light for me. and i love the slight soft shimmer, makes my skin look healthy like a fresh tan. This colour is also great for contouring. Defs a good one!

on 12/6/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very good bronzer. Very pigmented. I wish it showed up a little cooler on my skin but i am pretty yellow-toned. While it is a very good bronzer i dont think its worth the price tag. You can find comparable ones for way way less. I do see why people love it so much. I just dont think ill repurchase it because its so expensive. It does transfer very easily too ive found.

on 9/6/2015 5:36:00 AM

Although I'm fair, I found Laguna too light and if I did use heavy hand it felt too muddy. Therefore I decided to give Casino a go, Wow I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately it did not love me?? By that I mean, it irritated my face, side of my nose, eyes itched and a headache? I have tried several times, to no avail. I feel i've been spent a fortune in time and money trying to replicate that look. Does anyone have any suggestions to another bronzer which may be similiar? Advice would be appreciated, thank you

on 9/21/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I am such a big fan of Nars bronzers. I originally only used Laguna as I thought casino would be too dark though after running out of Laguna i gave Casino a go for my NC35 skin. The beauty of this Nars bronzers is they don't have the red/pink colour in them that a lot of the other brands have which I think makes the product look more natural. Casino is perfect for contouring and really creates great definition. It's also good as an all over face bronzers but if you are lighter than NC35 I wouldn't go overboard. Only issues I have with it is that it's quite expensive ($70 AUS and £35 GBP) also be careful because if you drop it, it will crack up!! Overall great product and the best bronzer out there in my opinion!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Pros:
great color payoff, very pigmented
great color for an Indian skin tone (for reference I'm Barcelona in Nars Sheer Glow)

Cons:
The bloody price! $38!
the compact it looks nice when you take out of the package but after a few days in my makeup box, the kind of rubbery top of the compact looks dirty and smoky

I really like this bronzer. I've had it for a year and there is still a LOT of product left so I won't be out hunting for a bronzer for a while.

on 2/12/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

About NW40 these days, so finding a bronzer to use as a contour is a challenge. Most popular shades just mimic my actual skintone but Casino seemed to be more in the realm of what I was looking for. NARS products are really unparalleled in terms of longevity; I have had some of their blushes for years and not so much as a dip has emerged in the pan. Casino is a warm bronze that is not totally matte but doesn't pack obvious sparkle or anything either. It is always near Laguna which is way too light for me.

Casino looks excellent as a contour. It is neither orange nor grey in color which makes it very natural on the face. Personally, I find it too natural as in I have to apply a lot for my contours to be prominent. As much as I love the shade of this bronzer, it is still a little too light for me. I can't always see my cheekbone line by the end of the day. I would definitely keep this bronzer around for more natural and subtle looks, but for those who share my skintone, I highly recommend the Guerlain bronzers. They have a more broad range of dark shades than NARS has. I still enjoy Casino though, it's just a more subtle shade.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this bronzer so much. For reference, I am NC 43, for some reason since my skin is already a tan colour, I never thought I needed bronzer until I bought this. It gives my face some dimension and really makes it look alive. It gives me the dimension in my face that is lost from putting on foundation. I can't go a day without wearing bronzer anymore.

The only con is the price, at $42 CAD its quite expensive, including it my everyday wear is definitely not helping either.It's been about 2.5 months since I bought it and I have already hit pan but its no where near finishing still, it should probably last me another 2 months.