Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.1

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 5/6/2017 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to go through multiple bottles of this when my skin was combination, leaning towards oily. I am prone to milia and hives and this didn't aggravate. Now that my skin is combination, leaning towards dry, it's a bit too drying, so I sometimes use Cerave hydrating and a few others.

WARNING: Read ingredients and know what ingredients are bad for you before you buy a product.

Please do not listen to the PR and reviews for this facial wash. I wanted to believe it all too because my face was breaking out badly. This cleanser has not helped in the past month and my skin felt very irritated and again I was left with acne, and asking why?? I finally decided to research for myself and found an article "Ten Ingredients to Avoid in Your Face Products" by the website Good.is.

Purpose cleanser had two of these ten in their ingredients: "Sodium Laureth Sulfate" and "Fragrance." SLS strips you of your natural oils and "Fragrance" has a whole mess of hormone disruptors. There are effective, natural ways to cure your acne. Please do not give up hope.

on 7/11/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My HG cleanser! before i used exfoliating sponges I used this on its own and it managed to remove most of my revlon colorstay foundation compared to that flimsy Neutrogena cleanser. It cleans effectively without overdrying or irritating my skin. The scent is also very mild, not harsh at all. I recomend this to everyone I love it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great face soap for sensitive skin. On particular hot days or during my period I have to use a toner but I find this to be the perfect face soap. It can be combined with any other products without drying out your skin or causing breakouts

on 12/30/2007 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a gentle, basic and plain cleaser. And that is a good thing! I have worked in the beauty industry and am not won easily with claims made by the cosmetic industry. Such as shampoo made from truffles or seaweed extracts---puleez! But this does what it claims to do. Takes off your makeup, doesn't leave residue, minimal stripping of your natural oils. Like shampoo, a facial cleanser CLEANSES your face, that is all it should do. Those medicated kinds and those with exfoliants-chemical not granules-cannot do much because they do not stay on the skin long enough for those chemicals to penetrate through the layers. Shampoo is a detergent, so is a cleanser. So do not spend $18, or $45 or even higher for something so basic. Invest on serums and potions, not detergents. This is great for those using AHAs, BHAs, Retinoids, and all other potent skincare ingredients since you need to treat your extra gently, those who wear makeup everyday, oily skinned folks like me, sensitive skinned folks too and everyone else to wants a $6.99 cleanser that lasts 3 months when used twice a day. DOES NOT TRIGGER BREAKOUTS.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This review is for the liquid Purpose cleanser, not the bar. I have oily, acne-prone skin for which I use 10% BP after cleansing. I wanted a mild cleanser, because anything harsh will cause my skin to get very dry, especially overnight, a la Basis Cleaner Clean. I really like Bliss Steep Clean, which is wonderful, but the price is also steep. Purpose meets all of my requirements nicely: it is gentle and does not contain parabens, which is why I did not want Cetaphil. Purpose has not stung my eyes at all. My face gets very clean but has never been dried out after using it. The price is great and I like the pump dispenser. Unfortunately, I have not seen this item in any of my local drugstores or grocery stores. (I hope it does not get d/c'ed!) I ordered it from drugstore.com. So far, I would definitely buy it again.

on 6/12/2006 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this religiously as a teenager and decided to go back to it after turning 30 last year. This removes all my makeup and leave my skin feeling completely clean but a tad bit dry. I feel this has really helped calm down my breakouts. Definitely recommend has a great, basic cleanser.

on 11/27/2003 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm in love with this cleanser. It lathers, cleans well without stripping my skin, leaves no residue, and comes with a pump which easily locks. The only thing it does not do is take off my mascara very well, but I wear a fiber mascara. I have to roll the fibers off my eyes, but afterwards my eyes are fine, no rubbing needed. I was using the Sage line before this and I have to say it's just as good as the Sage cleanser and soooooo much cheaper.

Popular Face Skincare Products