Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.8

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 7/7/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

TLDR: Buy it. Now.

Pros: no "fake" scent, gentle, cleansing, cheap, pump.
Cons: doesn't always take off waterproof makeup.

This is one product that really lives up to all the hype, if you can even have such a thing with a face wash. I know cleansing milks/oils are the thing but I still prefer this. I have rosacea, oily t-zone and dry patches at my temple, so pretty troublesome skin, and this is so pleasant to use. It lathers easily and feels like it's removing oil, without drying out my skin. It doesn't have a strong smell - and I have a very sensitive nose so this is a huge plus for me. I use a makeup remover before this and have no trouble with makeup removal, but I will say if I have on heavy makeup, sometimes I'll wash, then use my makeup remover and wash again to get fully clean. Some reviews say it removes makeup but in my experience, heavier duty waterproof makeup will not fully come off. I don't wear makeup everyday, but I use this every day. I will add, this will not improve your skin in any way - but for something that you wash off, I am not sure that's a fair expectation.
Anyways, try it - it's cheap enough you can throw it out if it sucks with no hard feelings. Or send it to me. I don't know how the heck they have a cleanser at this price that works so well. I can't get it in Canada (easily) and I have brought back a half a suitcase full before. It's that good.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing. It removes my makeup really well which surprised me since most facial washes don't. And for the price, it's awesome!! I find it to be gentle on my skin as well. No crazy fragrances, and I follow up with a moisturizer. I mainly use it at night, and I use proactiv during the day if I even use anything. So happy I decided to try it! Oh and for reference I have combination skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is probably the only facial cleanser that removes more makeup than anything else. I usually use my regular makeup facial wipes before washing my face and then I would use this. This not only works well in removing extra traces of makeup, but it also leaves your skin feeling so smooth like a baby's bottom. I am quite acne prone, but this cleanser has never broken me out. I am currently on my 2nd or 3rd bottle. If you are a huge makeup user and you have sensitive skin, check this gem out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

loooove this. so gentle n takes off makeup effectively. the only con is that it doesnt completely take off waterproof mascara. other than that i am never switching to anything else!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is wonderful but Johnson & Johnson's Head to Toe baby wash is exactly like this stuff (except w/a different texture, Purpose is thinner and Head to Toe baby wash has a thicker consistency, not much difference and it does have a mild fragrance) for a *much* cheaper price and you get way more for your buck. Purpose used to be my HG til I discovered Head to Toe baby wash. Both are gentle basics that do the job--I can use both to wash my MAC fluidline which are notoriously hard to remove without hurting my eyes, esp. Head to Toe baby wash. They really do the job--cleans my make up off without scrubbing or a weird residue. This cleanser is just perfect, it cleans without being overly harsh/dry/ having unnecessary fragrance. Great for my sensitive acne prone, combination skin. If you like this cleanser, you *have* to try Johnson's Head to Toe baby wash. I took 1 star off of this review b/c of the price, you get so much more for cheaper w/Head to Toe.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a back to basics face cleanser. It keeps things simple, as face cleansers should. I use it everyday and have found it to do what its supposed to do. My face is squeaky clean and I will definitely be buying this again and again. I like that its not heavily fragrant and has no dyes in it.

Popular Face Skincare Products