Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.7

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 5/7/2017 10:49:00 AM

I thought this cleanser was just ok. It didn't seem to be strong enough to take all of my makeup off though (and I don't wear a lot). It didn't break me out and it didn't have a strong smell to it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

YES. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to finally get something that is helping me heal. Have had such a terrible bout of severe cheek acne (hormonal... due to Loestrin... grr) and everything that I used just exacerbated and dried out my skin even more... thats never good. This is gentle enough, lathers so well, and feels clean without having that tight feeling. I'm happy and will be repurchasing. I'd recommend a very light cleanser to dry and acne prone skin types like mine.

Also, I do not use this cleanser to take my makeup off. I take it off before I cleanse.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that the pH of this cleanser is 6.5 - 7, that of water. Thats what they mean by "gentle as water."

My girls use this and got me going on it too. I was at my witts end wiith products that would really make my combo skin all the more oily at the end of the day. Not with this product and I think its because it's not soap. It seemed the more drying the soap, the more my skin dumped out the oil. This product doesn't dry out my skin nor make it feel strpped like most soaps I was using. I can honestly say this is the best cleanser I have ever used, and boy, have I used alot! I am a repeat purchaser of this product to begin with, but even more so now.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First I just want to thank everyone on MUA for your reviews on this product. I decided to buy it after seeing the high ratings, and the fact that 83% would buy it again. That's one of the best ratings I've ever seen on this site for a skincare product. I have been using this for almost a month and it's transformed my skin. Not dramatically, but I am seeing it get better and better every day. I still have the occasional cyst on the underside of my chin. In fact, I have one right now, but it's going away after just a couple of days as opposed to some that last months before I started using Purpose. As far as my actual face goes, completely clear, smooth, and soft. I was so scared that I would break out bad since I've had such horrible luck with drugstore brand skincare. I have had minor breakouts since using this, however I've developed a routine that is really doing wonders for me now. Purpose is 1/3 of the regimen that is making my skin what I have always wanted it to be. Thanks again everyone for your positive reviews. I know now that I can count on you all, and I look up the reviews on my phone while I'm at the store before I buy something.

on 8/9/2010 10:46:00 PM

If you look at the ingredient list, this is exactly like Clean and Clear Sensitive skin foaming face wash, but more expensive (at least where I get my cleanser from). I buy this when my store is out of C&C sensitive skin foaming face wash.

Nice and gentle.

on 1/13/2010 11:23:00 AM

This is my HG makeup remover!!!

Nothing I have found removes makeup as completely without stripping and nothing removes eye makup so well without being greasy or burning. I have tried so many different kinds of cleansers and have even tried eye makeup remover followed by a cleanser but nothing works like Purpose. One pump is all you need. Wet your face, pump one time, lather up and gently remove all your makeup! No burning, no itching, no greasiness settling in your eyes.

I hope J&J never stops making Purpose cleanser! I'll be a loyal customer forever!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this because I was hoping that it would not dry me out as pretty much all foaming cleansers do. I was wrong! While this did dry me out, I found that it is an excellent brush cleanser. Also, if you want a cheaper version of this try Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Cleanser. Same ingredients, same company.... the only difference is the smell which is interesting because I thought it was supposed to be fragrance free!

This review is for the Purpose Cleansing Bar, not the lotion.

I just started using the gentle cleansing bar. I like how it doesn't leave an oily residue after I use it. My face feels really clean. It even looks immediately smoother because there is no film of oil over it that happens with most cleansers. It is slightly drying but its nothing that a moisturizer can't fix. If you're using the bar you should lather it in your hands then only use a small bit of the lather on the face. Don't over do it or it will dry out your skin too much. I would buy this again because it makes my skin feel super-clean and soft without being irritating.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the best face wash of all time. I have used since I was about 15. At times, I have occasionally strayed to try something new and I always end up coming back to it. It is such an unfussy product that cleans my face without leaving it too oily or too dry.The only small complaint I have is about the packaging. I love the pump, but it makes it a bit difficult to travel with. I have tried to close up the pump, but more than once it has come undone and gotten all over my toiletry bag. Oh well, I solved this problem by buying a little travel bottle and haven't had any other problems. This is my HG and I think I will probably use it for the rest of my life!!! Have and will repurchase again and again and again!

on 4/20/2008 6:16:00 PM

This is a nice, basic cleanser for sensitive skin or for those of you seeking to simply clean and then treat problematic skin afterwards. I used this while I was doing the acne.org regimen and while I'm off the regimen, this cleanser wasn't a factor. Gentle, non-irritating and effective, but didn't prevent breakouts for me, so I'm back with my first favorite, Noxzema. Slightly overpriced for what it does, but removes makeup well and if I needed a gentle cleanser again for some reason this'd be what I pick up.

Popular Face Skincare Products