Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.6

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 7/7/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

TLDR: Buy it. Now.

Pros: no "fake" scent, gentle, cleansing, cheap, pump.
Cons: doesn't always take off waterproof makeup.

This is one product that really lives up to all the hype, if you can even have such a thing with a face wash. I know cleansing milks/oils are the thing but I still prefer this. I have rosacea, oily t-zone and dry patches at my temple, so pretty troublesome skin, and this is so pleasant to use. It lathers easily and feels like it's removing oil, without drying out my skin. It doesn't have a strong smell - and I have a very sensitive nose so this is a huge plus for me. I use a makeup remover before this and have no trouble with makeup removal, but I will say if I have on heavy makeup, sometimes I'll wash, then use my makeup remover and wash again to get fully clean. Some reviews say it removes makeup but in my experience, heavier duty waterproof makeup will not fully come off. I don't wear makeup everyday, but I use this every day. I will add, this will not improve your skin in any way - but for something that you wash off, I am not sure that's a fair expectation.
Anyways, try it - it's cheap enough you can throw it out if it sucks with no hard feelings. Or send it to me. I don't know how the heck they have a cleanser at this price that works so well. I can't get it in Canada (easily) and I have brought back a half a suitcase full before. It's that good.

on 8/14/2011 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination skin. I am always looking for face wash that is gentle, safe for eyes, and remove makeup without drying skin out. I like to wash my face 2 to three times after removing my makeup with Olive oil or Cold Cream or Albolene. This face wash is gentle after 3 washes my skin does not feel dry.

I have tried so many face washes and now I am kind of making my final list that will have 4 to 5 face wash that I will always have in my bathroom.

This is in my Final List.

This is the only cleanser that has washed away all my makeup and kept my skin almost acne-free minus the occasional beasts that like to pop up. I use this with sensitive stridex pads and my skin has never been this clear with any other product. The stidex toner keeps my acne at bay and when i use the pads it doesn't show any makeup so it means all my makeup was taken off with the cleanser. I would deffinately buy this again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i use this every single day and have been almost this entire year!its so extremely gentle i can take off mascare, eyeliner, powder everything so easily and no irritaion on my eyes!i use it in the shower since i take showers at night, and its great only thing i think it might be causing drying of my skin?but im just glad i dont break out from it so until i find another this is amazing.

on 6/12/2006 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this religiously as a teenager and decided to go back to it after turning 30 last year. This removes all my makeup and leave my skin feeling completely clean but a tad bit dry. I feel this has really helped calm down my breakouts. Definitely recommend has a great, basic cleanser.

Popular Face Skincare Products