Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.4

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 5/6/2017 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to go through multiple bottles of this when my skin was combination, leaning towards oily. I am prone to milia and hives and this didn't aggravate. Now that my skin is combination, leaning towards dry, it's a bit too drying, so I sometimes use Cerave hydrating and a few others.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser a few years ago and I used it for a while before I gave it up. (Who knows why...) Recently I thought I should give it another shot and long story short, I threw it in the trash. My skin hates sodium laureth sulfate and fragrance so I don't know why I decided to give it another shot. Just because a dermatologist told me to use it I assumed she knew what she was talking about even though my better judgement told me not to believe her. This cleanser really dries my skin out and makes it bumpy so I won't be buying again. It's not getting a THIRD chance from me! The packaging was okay only I'm not really that into pump bottles because I travel a lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this facial cleanser for my acne-prone, dehydrated skin. It's a no-nonsense cleanser that doesn't aggravate my skin. Rinses off easily. I buy two of the large bottles at a time, one for my bathroom counter and one for the shower. Seems expensive for a drugstore product, but when you compare it to the higher-end cleansers that are full of fragrance and other nonsense, this is a really good deal.

on 5/15/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have fairly sensitive skin. I had been pretty faithful to Shiseido Perfect Milk for years but simply wanted to change up my skin care regimen. I also wanted a product that I could buy in town and not overseas (I hate waiting lol). I saw this and remembered how my derm gave it to me when I first got eczema. I looked at the ingredient list and loved how it was so short. I saw reviews which were great. Needless to say, two bottles later, I really love this product! It takes off all my makeup and does not leave my skin tight, dry or uncomfortable. It foams nicely and allows me to glide my hands easily over my face to gently remove my makeup. (I double cleanse at night unless I haven't been wearing makeup. I do this with all cleansers. Just a habit.)

And yes this is the same as Clean & Clear foaming cleanser for sensitive skin except that the latter contains a powdery fragrance but nonetheless cleanses the same.

on 4/24/2013 4:05:00 PM

Just got it and its already clearing up my face! I am very impressed!!! It's foams nicely its cheap no draw backs:)

on 3/31/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It was one of the recommended cleansers from my dermatologist to use with a retenoid. It works great and is a bit drying but nothing that a good moisturizer cannot take care of! Highly recommended.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing. It removes my makeup really well which surprised me since most facial washes don't. And for the price, it's awesome!! I find it to be gentle on my skin as well. No crazy fragrances, and I follow up with a moisturizer. I mainly use it at night, and I use proactiv during the day if I even use anything. So happy I decided to try it! Oh and for reference I have combination skin.

WARNING: Read ingredients and know what ingredients are bad for you before you buy a product.

Please do not listen to the PR and reviews for this facial wash. I wanted to believe it all too because my face was breaking out badly. This cleanser has not helped in the past month and my skin felt very irritated and again I was left with acne, and asking why?? I finally decided to research for myself and found an article "Ten Ingredients to Avoid in Your Face Products" by the website Good.is.

Purpose cleanser had two of these ten in their ingredients: "Sodium Laureth Sulfate" and "Fragrance." SLS strips you of your natural oils and "Fragrance" has a whole mess of hormone disruptors. There are effective, natural ways to cure your acne. Please do not give up hope.

on 10/7/2012 7:57:00 AM

I use this cleanser exclusively on my eyelids. Most of my face tends to be quite dry, so I use Albolene to cleanse and remove makeup, and follow with Purpose to cleanse my eyelids before applying Latisse and eyelash conditioner. It does a great job of removing the excess oil without burning the eyes. The bar version of Purpose is NOT the same, I've tried it when I couldn't locate the liquid version and it burns the eyes like crazy.

on 10/7/2012 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am glad to hear this product is working so well for people. I have no idea how long this product has been on the market so let's just say that I have been using purpose for 25 years!!! I always saw this product as a best kept secret. Shhhhh....!!!!
I began using it for acne at 18 or 20 years of age and as soon as I began using it I felt a difference on my skin and in time saw a change for the better with a acne free face giving me much confidence as a man in this shallow world. When I shower my body with it women notice that I have no smell. Sort of described as a naturally clean smell mixed with the natural smell of my body has been a positive with the ladies for a number of years. Hope to be around to use it for 25 more years. Excellent product for the price you pay.

Popular Face Skincare Products