Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 2/6/2012 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really enjoy this cleanser. It cleans my face, unclogs my pores and makes my face really smooth. :) I gave it a 4 becaaaause it doesn't take my make-up off that well. Of course, I'm not sure a cleanser should take off make-up. I think it should! Anyways, I love this and it lathers super well on my face with lots of water. :D Repurchasing!

on 4/16/2011 10:41:00 AM

Initially this product worked great for me, but a few weeks later I noticed it began to really dry out my skin. I have oily skin and this stuff ended up making my face feel flaky and really dehydrated. Also, the pump didn't work right so I had to transfer it to a squeeze bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is just average. After all the glowing reviews I was expecting more. It is basically Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash. It smells just like it and has a similar texture. It was very drying for me and caused flakes. It removed makeup and seemed to clean well but I needed to use a LOT of it at a time. I went through a bottle of this faster than any other cleanser. I will not repurchase, mainly because of how dry it made my face. Also, the bottle leaks all over the place. Don't even think about putting this in your luggage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this cleanser. I have been looking for something to take the make up off my face, and this does the job. I also prefer this cleanser over Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser because it doesn't leave that sticky film over my face. I am so glad I found this and I hope it keeps working. I will continue to buy this again and again! I do wish they would correct the packaging issue, they even suggest on the back of the container to not put it in the shower because it will be filled with water, so why can't they fix the problem if they know it exists?

on 4/9/2010 11:08:00 AM

I tried this because it has been advertised as gentle and my derm. also said it was a good basic cleanser. I have tried to use this for about a week. If I wash my face with it more than once in a day it feels like my skin is on fire. For me it is to harsh, over dries my skin and makes it burn. I have sensitive acne-prone skin that is on the oily side.

on 12/28/2009 10:26:00 AM

Animal testing ALERT. Just found out they are on the red list. do not buy any of johnson and johnson products. :(

on 3/26/2009 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a decent cleanser. It's as gentle as water. I've been using this for a year or two now, and found it to be very effective, yet gentle, on my oily skin. Some cleansers leave my skin feeling tight, dried out, and stripped (making it produce more oil as a result). But this one does a great job cleansing without any irritation at all. (I prefer NeoStrata Anti-Bacterial soap, but this one isn't bad as a less expensive substitute.)

on 11/8/2008 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Nice gentle cleanser. Cleans well without over-drying. It's inexpensive and easy to find. I use it after removing my makeup with jojoba oil.

on 10/31/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would say this is a good basic cleanser. Definitely no bells and whistles. Works good for my sensitive skin though and doesn't seem to cause dryness, but I have pretty oily skin. My bf person used it once to wash his face and it dryed him out something awful but he has really dry skin in the first place. I'd recommend this stuff with the caveat that you shouldn't expect any miracles.

on 9/18/2008 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a very good general cleanser, I would guess good for all skin types. It is a clear gel that comes in a pump dispenser. It is nondrying, no discernable scent and as the bottle says, soap-free, hypoallergenic and won't clog pores. Lately, I have added a little baking soda to it if I feel like I need a little scrubbing action or to remove heavier makeup. This really seems to work well.

Popular Face Skincare Products