Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Other
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.4

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing. It removes my makeup really well which surprised me since most facial washes don't. And for the price, it's awesome!! I find it to be gentle on my skin as well. No crazy fragrances, and I follow up with a moisturizer. I mainly use it at night, and I use proactiv during the day if I even use anything. So happy I decided to try it! Oh and for reference I have combination skin.

on 1/3/2011 4:55:00 PM

I have been faithfully using this for over a year now and I am very pleased with this cleanser. It is a very mild formula, soap free, so it makes it very good for sensitive skin. It cleans makeup off my face in one step, I dont need any eye make-up removers whatsoever. I used Cetaphil before this and while it is simlarly a mild formula, it did a bad job washing makeup off. Overall, I will never switch to a different brand!

on 8/9/2010 10:46:00 PM

If you look at the ingredient list, this is exactly like Clean and Clear Sensitive skin foaming face wash, but more expensive (at least where I get my cleanser from). I buy this when my store is out of C&C sensitive skin foaming face wash.

Nice and gentle.

on 12/22/2009 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is supposed to be as gentle as water, but it dries out my skin. It isnt very effective at removing dirt and makeup from my face and it doesnt lather enough for me to feel my skin getting clean. I have the clarisonic brush and it is ok to use with it, but if I were using this alone it wouldnt do much of anything. I prefer foaming cleansers those are better at removing face excess.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the best face wash of all time. I have used since I was about 15. At times, I have occasionally strayed to try something new and I always end up coming back to it. It is such an unfussy product that cleans my face without leaving it too oily or too dry.The only small complaint I have is about the packaging. I love the pump, but it makes it a bit difficult to travel with. I have tried to close up the pump, but more than once it has come undone and gotten all over my toiletry bag. Oh well, I solved this problem by buying a little travel bottle and haven't had any other problems. This is my HG and I think I will probably use it for the rest of my life!!! Have and will repurchase again and again and again!

on 4/20/2008 6:16:00 PM

This is a nice, basic cleanser for sensitive skin or for those of you seeking to simply clean and then treat problematic skin afterwards. I used this while I was doing the acne.org regimen and while I'm off the regimen, this cleanser wasn't a factor. Gentle, non-irritating and effective, but didn't prevent breakouts for me, so I'm back with my first favorite, Noxzema. Slightly overpriced for what it does, but removes makeup well and if I needed a gentle cleanser again for some reason this'd be what I pick up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is wonderful but Johnson & Johnson's Head to Toe baby wash is exactly like this stuff (except w/a different texture, Purpose is thinner and Head to Toe baby wash has a thicker consistency, not much difference and it does have a mild fragrance) for a *much* cheaper price and you get way more for your buck. Purpose used to be my HG til I discovered Head to Toe baby wash. Both are gentle basics that do the job--I can use both to wash my MAC fluidline which are notoriously hard to remove without hurting my eyes, esp. Head to Toe baby wash. They really do the job--cleans my make up off without scrubbing or a weird residue. This cleanser is just perfect, it cleans without being overly harsh/dry/ having unnecessary fragrance. Great for my sensitive acne prone, combination skin. If you like this cleanser, you *have* to try Johnson's Head to Toe baby wash. I took 1 star off of this review b/c of the price, you get so much more for cheaper w/Head to Toe.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love that this does not dry my skin but leaves it feeling "cleaner" than Cetaphil does. The foam is really nice and it removes makeup well. HG cleanser!

on 6/4/2007 7:19:00 PM

Sometimes companies (i.e. Origins) put a plethora of exotic ingredients into their products to make them sound more luxurious or worthwhile. Whatever happened to keeping things basic? Mo' ingredients, mo' problems. That's my motto & i'm sticking with it ;) Purpose Cleanser is amazing! It gently cleanses, washes away makeup, and keeps my skin clear and that makes me a very happy girl. While I admit to straying for more glamorous face washes I always return to this tried and true product. It foams, but not too much & it doesn't strip away moister. To me this is a perfect product. I say let the cleanser do it's job, and cleanse...save all the antioxidants, oils, etc. for creams. I'd also like to note that this product does not have any ingredient that clears skin such as benzoyl peroxide, but I find that this keeps my skin very clear by eliminating dirt and oil from my face, while being gentle. I searched for the miracle acne cleanser for a long time, but nothing worked. I use Purpose twice a day, followed by Paula's Choice 1% BHA a few nights a week, followed by Complex 15 cream, keihl's eye balm and maybe some zap zyt if I feel one coming on. I have very pale, sensitive skin and of course this routine isn't for everyone. I spent thousands, (yes sadly, thousands) of dollars and countless frustrated hours trying and tossing product after product. This is like a magic potion that I will NEVER be without!!!.

UPDATE: THIS WAS PERFECT IN MY TEEN YEARS, BUT THEN IN MY EARLY 20'S THIS DRIED MY SKIN OUT SOMETHING WICKED. I SWITCHED TO BOSCIA GEL CLEANSER AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER, THINK THIS IS FOR BABY SKIN ;D

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great product for sensitive skin. I have pretty normal skin that falls on the dry side when irratated. This removes all makeup and leaves it feeling clean w/o stripping. No strong fragrance.

Popular Face Skincare Products