Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.9

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 10/7/2012 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am glad to hear this product is working so well for people. I have no idea how long this product has been on the market so let's just say that I have been using purpose for 25 years!!! I always saw this product as a best kept secret. Shhhhh....!!!!
I began using it for acne at 18 or 20 years of age and as soon as I began using it I felt a difference on my skin and in time saw a change for the better with a acne free face giving me much confidence as a man in this shallow world. When I shower my body with it women notice that I have no smell. Sort of described as a naturally clean smell mixed with the natural smell of my body has been a positive with the ladies for a number of years. Hope to be around to use it for 25 more years. Excellent product for the price you pay.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First I just want to thank everyone on MUA for your reviews on this product. I decided to buy it after seeing the high ratings, and the fact that 83% would buy it again. That's one of the best ratings I've ever seen on this site for a skincare product. I have been using this for almost a month and it's transformed my skin. Not dramatically, but I am seeing it get better and better every day. I still have the occasional cyst on the underside of my chin. In fact, I have one right now, but it's going away after just a couple of days as opposed to some that last months before I started using Purpose. As far as my actual face goes, completely clear, smooth, and soft. I was so scared that I would break out bad since I've had such horrible luck with drugstore brand skincare. I have had minor breakouts since using this, however I've developed a routine that is really doing wonders for me now. Purpose is 1/3 of the regimen that is making my skin what I have always wanted it to be. Thanks again everyone for your positive reviews. I know now that I can count on you all, and I look up the reviews on my phone while I'm at the store before I buy something.

on 3/26/2009 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a decent cleanser. It's as gentle as water. I've been using this for a year or two now, and found it to be very effective, yet gentle, on my oily skin. Some cleansers leave my skin feeling tight, dried out, and stripped (making it produce more oil as a result). But this one does a great job cleansing without any irritation at all. (I prefer NeoStrata Anti-Bacterial soap, but this one isn't bad as a less expensive substitute.)

on 10/8/2008 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! After my aunt told me about it (never heard of it before in my life) I fell in love once I began using it. It's great as a facial cleanser AND makeup remover all in one! The only thing it may not take off would be eyeliner. But after washing my face with Purpose, I just take a Q-tip, dip it into makeup remover, and get those little spots around my eyes. But other than that, it removes everything for me!

Definitely recommend it!

on 9/18/2008 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a very good general cleanser, I would guess good for all skin types. It is a clear gel that comes in a pump dispenser. It is nondrying, no discernable scent and as the bottle says, soap-free, hypoallergenic and won't clog pores. Lately, I have added a little baking soda to it if I feel like I need a little scrubbing action or to remove heavier makeup. This really seems to work well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are a Clinique liquid facial soap user, I'm about to save you a lot of money. Try Purpose instead-- chemically it is very similar, whether you use Clinique's oily or mild version. I made the switch after reading positive reviews, and Purpose works just as well as Clinique soap on my oily, acne-prone skin. Yes, it is very lightly scented, but unless you have extremely sensitive skin, it is not likely to be a problem. (I have issues with more heavily scented facial products, but not this one.) Same foam, same clean rinse, same refreshing feeling, same results when used with the other Clinique products. This is a great solution for me b/c I was going through the soap so much faster than the Clarifying Lotion and DDMG. I just pour Purpose into the Clinique bottle (which I like b/c the pump locks and keeps out toddlers!). A terrific drugstore find, I now buy it in 4-packs on Amazon for about $5 a bottle.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This review is for the liquid Purpose cleanser, not the bar. I have oily, acne-prone skin for which I use 10% BP after cleansing. I wanted a mild cleanser, because anything harsh will cause my skin to get very dry, especially overnight, a la Basis Cleaner Clean. I really like Bliss Steep Clean, which is wonderful, but the price is also steep. Purpose meets all of my requirements nicely: it is gentle and does not contain parabens, which is why I did not want Cetaphil. Purpose has not stung my eyes at all. My face gets very clean but has never been dried out after using it. The price is great and I like the pump dispenser. Unfortunately, I have not seen this item in any of my local drugstores or grocery stores. (I hope it does not get d/c'ed!) I ordered it from drugstore.com. So far, I would definitely buy it again.

on 8/18/2005 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin is very oily and acne prone, even though I'm in my late 30's. I had been on a hunt for a cleanser that got my face really, squeaky clean. After trying a million different cleansers, the one that really fit the bill was Sage Facial Shampoo. Loved the stuff, but the price was way more than I wanted to spend. After much more trial and error, I followed the advice of other MUA members and decided to try Purpose. It's the only thing that compares to my beloved Sage. Plus, it's easy to find and very affordable. I've stuck w/ this for years and am still very happy with it.

Popular Face Skincare Products