Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.5

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 5/15/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have fairly sensitive skin. I had been pretty faithful to Shiseido Perfect Milk for years but simply wanted to change up my skin care regimen. I also wanted a product that I could buy in town and not overseas (I hate waiting lol). I saw this and remembered how my derm gave it to me when I first got eczema. I looked at the ingredient list and loved how it was so short. I saw reviews which were great. Needless to say, two bottles later, I really love this product! It takes off all my makeup and does not leave my skin tight, dry or uncomfortable. It foams nicely and allows me to glide my hands easily over my face to gently remove my makeup. (I double cleanse at night unless I haven't been wearing makeup. I do this with all cleansers. Just a habit.)

And yes this is the same as Clean & Clear foaming cleanser for sensitive skin except that the latter contains a powdery fragrance but nonetheless cleanses the same.

My face always feels adequately clean after using this, taking off even liquid foundation, unlike the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I don't even feel like I need to use toner afterwards. You'll want to make sure to moisturize afterwards though.

And it comes in an 12oz size for $8 at ULTA! :)

on 1/13/2010 11:23:00 AM

This is my HG makeup remover!!!

Nothing I have found removes makeup as completely without stripping and nothing removes eye makup so well without being greasy or burning. I have tried so many different kinds of cleansers and have even tried eye makeup remover followed by a cleanser but nothing works like Purpose. One pump is all you need. Wet your face, pump one time, lather up and gently remove all your makeup! No burning, no itching, no greasiness settling in your eyes.

I hope J&J never stops making Purpose cleanser! I'll be a loyal customer forever!

on 8/22/2008 9:13:00 PM

This is my HG face wash. It's reasonably priced and easy to fine at the drugstore or grocery store. It's soap-free and non-comedogenic which I need since I have oily skin. It has a nice clean, fresh, smell and, in conjunction with the rest of my skin-care regimen (which includes some topical prescriptions), it really controls break-outs. I have repurchased this product several times and will continue to do so.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a back to basics face cleanser. It keeps things simple, as face cleansers should. I use it everyday and have found it to do what its supposed to do. My face is squeaky clean and I will definitely be buying this again and again. I like that its not heavily fragrant and has no dyes in it.

on 11/8/2007 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've repurchased this several times already and have only just recently gotten around to giving this a review. This was great and I've used it for a few years in conjunction with Cetaphil and Lush Ultrabland. Random assortment, I know. Sometime last year I cut Purpose out of the equation, thinking that it was too harsh (not sure why??) and opted for Lush because it was more natural.
Lately, I've noticed that my skin (which is milky white with freckles, I used to get compliments from strangers, no joke) was looking quite lackluster. Redness, oily (which never has happened before.) I'm a social smoker so at first I was like, "sh*t, it's caught up with me!" I've never had problem skin but things were just looking... unclean. I'm at the drugstore, looking at my options, and I just grabbed this. A couple days later and my skin is looking much better. It really "cleans" your skin, and I think Cetaphil just doesn't remove makeup as well. Just as gentle, and even more inexpensive, I think this stuff is grossly underrated.
Also, I have to agree with the other reviewers: the packaging is balls. I even put in a ziploc when I travel, but it gets EVERYWHERE and you have to wash the bottle off and water gets in a dilutes the product... anyway, I bought another bottle for travel. We should all write to J&J and complain! Haha.

on 2/10/2007 6:10:00 PM

If you have sensitive skin like me (I also have rosacea), this is the best face cleanser I've ever tried. I have fair skin that is not dry, not oily, but does break out easily, in hives as well as minor acne. Several doctors have recommended Cetaphil, which I dutifully tried to love, but my face never felt clean and it also itched a bit. This clear foaming cleaner is great -- it cleans well, lathers up and leaves my face feeling clean but not overly dry. My only minor complaint is the pump is almost impossible to open -- I've resorted to swapping the top with the Cetaphil flip top when I couldn't get it to open. It's also sometimes a bit hard to find -- but worth the search. I wouldn't wash with anything else.

on 12/5/2006 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My doctor recommended this product for my acne. It works pretty well for about $5 and it leaves my skin clean. It's not too drying for me and it's very gentle. It has cleared up my acne a bit, and I am hoping that it will continue to. I would buy this product again.

After spending tons of money on all kinds of fancy cleansers, this is the only wash that has eliminated my blackheads. And its so cheap. My face feels clean, and its not at all overdrying, although I have somewhat oily skin.

This stuff to me is amazing. I am in my early thirties and have blemish problems for ever. Within 1 week this had my skin clear. So clear that it was noticable to other people. I have tried everything and this was the only thing that worked for me.The price is great and the packaging is so simple. This is my HG of skin care!

Popular Face Skincare Products